Forums

Topic: General Final Fantasy Thread

Posts 981 to 1,000 of 1,675

Tyranexx

@BruceCM Hah, besides Pokemon Go, it was all I played Friday and Saturday! I did give it a bit of a break yesterday evening and tried out Return of the Obra Dinn on Switch. I'm finding that very enjoyable too so far. Not sure which I want to play this evening. XD

@Eel I have a feeling that'll make more sense later. XD But for now.... crickets chirping

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Eel

It will make sense soon enough, without a shadow of a doubt. It's a memorable part of the game after all.

Also, don't foget to take Mog and battle with him around the world, to teach him new dances! I love that little guy.

I particularly recommend learning the underwater dance in the serpent trench. His cave dance is also really good.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tyranexx

@Eel Duly noted.

I've found quite a few dances for Mog already. That was something I (briefly) turned to a guide for. Thankfully they've been pretty easy to get so far, even though the Serpent Trench was a little out of the way lol. I haven't really used him much yet, though the plot is pretty on-rails right now and won't let me.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

Eel

@Tyranexx yeah that one can be tricky because depending on the version of the game, it can be the only place where he can learn it, and you kinda get him at a point where you don't really need to return there.

He's one of my favorite units, along with Sabin and Edgar.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

BruceCM

Well, I finished that cave & did the bit afterwards, @Tyranexx .... Then, tidied up some other stuff & did the flying bit! Just got to do the island part & then see if I can find my party members

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Tyranexx

@Eel I did use Mog a little yesterday evening and found his dances VERY entertaining. XD I keep mostly spamming Water Rondo but probably need to try some of the others more.

I'm playing the SNES version via the SNES Classic Mini. The game was a huge factor in why I purchased the mini to begin with.

@BruceCM I played up until landing on the Floating Continent yesterday evening. Then I became too sleepy. XD

What transpired before that....I did see the main twist coming, but I didn't expect General Leo to die; TBH I was expecting him to become a full party member. The ensuing Esper genocide pretty much cemented Kefka into "Irredeemable psychomaniac" territory. I also suspect he's using/just going along with Gestahl.

BruceCM

Leo would be good as a party member, @Tyranexx.... Anyway, I got a couple of mine back & we're on the way to get another (if you want more details of anything, do ask, since almost anything I'd say about this stage of the game is spoiler territory)

SW-4357-9287-0699

Tyranexx

@BruceCM Will do. I know where to come if I'm confused or get stuck! XD

BruceCM

Well, it mostly shouldn't be too difficult, @Tyranexx ..... The 2nd half of the game is theoretically more open but in practice there's never too many real options!

SW-4357-9287-0699

Tyranexx

Figured I'd briefly dive in and mention that Square Enix appears to be running another half off sale on the Switch eshop (North America). I have both VII and IX on my wishlist, but I think they can wait for now. XD

@BruceCM Haven't really played FF VI for a couple days admittedly, so no updates. Trying to get my tax stuff situated (Yay, adulting!) and have been giving my limited gaming time to my Switch. Hoping to jump back in tomorrow.

Edited on by Tyranexx

BruceCM

Well, they do the half price sales on FFs quite often, @Tyranexx .... Just keep us posted, thanks!

SW-4357-9287-0699

BruceCM

Finally got my whole party back & the couple of extra ones I'm not sure they had in your version, @Tyranexx.... Got quite a few things to do before the final part, though

SW-4357-9287-0699

Tyranexx

@BruceCM I finally sank about an hour into the game last night (got home late). I ran through the floating continent with one group, then discovered that you could go back to the ship. I think I'll bring a few more characters up to scratch before moving on. Some of the enemies in this area hit QUITE hard. XD

BruceCM

If you're wanting stuff to do, there's probably things around, @Tyranexx .... Let me know if you want a list of what can be done before going there!

SW-4357-9287-0699

Tyranexx

@BruceCM I ran more groups through the Floating Continent and do plan on moving on this evening into what awaits me next. We'll see how long I play this evening lol. This time change messes with my sleep schedule royally.

BruceCM

OK, there might be things around the world before going to the FC, too, though, @Tyranexx .... Fortunately, the other half or so has quite a bit available, as well

SW-4357-9287-0699

crashcontrol

I finished FF7 last night and I loved it.
The characters, story, music and gameplay were all amazing.
Though I did get spoiled quite a bit with the (you-know-who) death scene and the final area that was added to Smash but despite that there was still a bunch of surprises throughout the entire game.

Currently Playing: Genshin Impact, Honkai: Star Rail, and whatever else I feel like playing

Switch Friend Code: SW-7941-0589-4299

Tyranexx

Only managed to play about an hour last night, but world go boom. Then it took me WAY longer than it should have to figure out how to advance from the next bit lol. Now time to play a collection game!

Also, @Eel 's previous comment now makes sense, so thanks for that.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic