Forums

Topic: General Final Fantasy Thread

Posts 961 to 980 of 1,022

justis

One of the only thing I didn't like was the hand crane, but other than that, I really like this game.

Edited on by justis

justis

Purgatorium

FF7R has a good combat system. If they stick with the basics of that they'll be fine. I like turn-based RPGs, but other developers still make them. You can get all that 90s era RPG feels with tons of new games. FF is fine as an action RPG. They just have to get it right.

Purgatorium

Dezzy

@justis

I don't think anyone liked the hand crane! Lol it was only there because you could see it in the original game and they wanted to make it feel like the same area.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Don

Did anyone else get stuck in the crater in FF7? Stuck as in can’t leave the area? I can’t climb up the pillar in the area and I think I’m screwed because I cannot go back out to replenish supplies and buy upgrades for some of the characters.

Don

kkslider5552000

I've heard of a save glitch inside the crater, but never being unable to leave (barring I guess the endgame when you can't save in).

btw, don't use save crystals to save over your current file. Unless they've fixed it in the more modern ports.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

BruceCM

Well, I thought it was only if you used the save crystal in one room but it certainly makes sense to save in a different slot, just in case ....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

DarthNocturnal

V is my #1 favorite. I'd be down for a remake.

I'm also surprised they haven't made a game all about Gilgamesh. The name practically writes itself. "The Epic of Gilgamesh".

But seriously, between his dimension hopping and comedic slant, plus his fighting style? That sounds like it could be fun.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Raylax

I haven't played nearly enough Final Fantasy games. By which I mean I played through the original FF1, and I played through the Midgar portion of FF7 (and a little, but not much, farther). And a small amount of the DS port of FF3. And that's it. Shameful, really.

Anyone have a recommendation of a good one to pick up in 2020, as an almost-starting-point?

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

RR529

@Raylax, FFX gets my vote. It still feels modern enough not to feel particularly dated, but it still gives you pretty classic gameplay with it's turn based battle system. While there may be some nostalgia on my part, even after playing the HD remaster on Switch recently I think it stands up there with the better modern JRPGs I've played like DQXI, XC2, & Ys VIII.

I also really loved FFVII Remake (I'd say it's probably the best game I've played this year), but with it's more real time based combat it probably won't prepare you for the older titles.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Dezzy

@Raylax

Either FF9 or FF10 are the best to start with. Both easy enough to get into, both very highly regarded by the fanbase, both available on every modern platform, and both have aged incredibly well.

Raylax

Thanks @RR529 and @Dezzy, I'll probably give one of those a spin when my current backlog is a little less spicy. Age doesn't bother me so much with RPGs - I've played through the NES original FF1 after all. Seems just about anywhere is a good place to jump in.

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

Purgatorium

I've been playing FF2 for the first time lately and I know the leveling system gets a lot of criticism but I actually really like it. I feel like I can customize the characters without tedious menus, swapping out items or stopping after every other fight to move along a grid. If you don't know, essentially stats and abilities increase when they are used. Take damage. Your max HP goes up. Use a magic spell, your magic or MP or that spell's level goes up. It isn't perfect but it would be great if FF revisited this model and fixed the problems.

Edited on by Purgatorium

Purgatorium

Glitchling78

@Raylax I have to agree with @RR529 & @Dezzy I suggest FFX. I fairly recently replayed both IX & X and while I had always held IX up as my favourite, X kind of shone through as the better game.

The story is fantastic, the battles are snappy (and really reward thinking through) and the general presentation holds up surprisingly well in the remaster.

Glitchling78

Dezzy

@TheFrenchiestFry

Interesting.That's one of the few things that would make me get a PS5 in 2021.

TheFrenchiestFry

Same. FFXVI looks really good

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

mcdreamer

I'm also very excited for FFXVI. If it were to release next year that would be very exciting indeed.

mcdreamer

Dezzy

In some of the earliest leaks about FF16, they'd said it was open-world too. Hopefully we'll get confirmation of that in the reveal next year.

I really enjoyed the open-world section of FF15. I'd definitely like a full game done like that.

Dezzy

@SheenaGemini93

That is the main guy from the trailer. You just saw him at 2 different ages. You seem when he's 15 and then again when he's 30-ish.

Both versions are shown in that article too. On the main image logo he looks older, in the character descriptions he looks younger.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic