Forums

Topic: General Final Fantasy Thread

Posts 1,001 to 1,020 of 1,675

BruceCM

So, where are you exactly now, @Tyranexx .....? Starting to look for your party members?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Tyranexx

Yep! I last left off in Albrook and am going to wander around that continent a bit since there are definitely some other points of interest on the map.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

BruceCM

Well, you want to get your party back together ..... Presumably, you'd go for Tzen next, anyway? That's the dot directly North of Albrook!

SW-4357-9287-0699

Tyranexx

Made it to Tzen last night, picked up Sabin (NGL, used a suspended save to experiment with that timed section), found (and left) Terra (assuming she's recruitable later) after trying everything I could think of, then followed "Gerad" (gotta love anagrams lol) and his crew to South Figaro. Stopped there for the time being.

The game certainly seems more open at this point. I do intend to find all former party members.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

jedgamesguy

internal screaming noises I love Square Enix!! I love Life is Strange, I love the discounted Tomb Raider, and I love their RPGs!!!

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

VoidofLight

No FFXVI news, but I wasn't expecting anything anyways. Maybe they'll have some in the summer.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

BruceCM

You do want to get everyone, really, @Tyranexx .... Glad you managed the timed house bit OK, that's mostly luck in most versions! If you do get lost or anything, let me know. I'm all ready for the final bit now in my game

SW-4357-9287-0699

Dezzy

VoidofLight wrote:

No FFXVI news, but I wasn't expecting anything anyways. Maybe they'll have some in the summer.

I wasn't expecting anything yet. I thought they said they were showing more FF7 Remake stuff though?

I need explicit confirmation that they fixed the door texture.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Tyranexx

@BruceCM Haha, will do! I suspect with this new world that more of it is wide open, hence the added possiblity of becoming lost lol.

Edited on by Tyranexx

BruceCM

At least at the moment, that's not likely, @Tyranexx... & there's at least a few hints around at any point to suggest things It's probably obvious what the game will suggest you do after the bit with Gerad & I'm sure you'd check back with the previous character you found, so that'll keep you going awhile

SW-4357-9287-0699

Tyranexx

@BruceCM Ah. Thanks! Good to know the game won't completely throw me in the drink lol.

BruceCM

Yeah, although I'd probably suggest taking a different order to retrieve people than the way it suggests, @Tyranexx ..... Don't want to spoil anything yet, so that's why I'm being all vague!

SW-4357-9287-0699

Tyranexx

Picked up Edgar and Setzer last night after a good chunk of wandering around. Last left off heading to some kind of tomb area. Full party now at least! Didn't find you-know-who where I expected to though....

BruceCM

So, you did find her, @Tyranexx ....? Or are you following the pigeon? There's also optional extra quests around you'll be able to do as you retrieve your party

SW-4357-9287-0699

Eel

Dinosaur Forest. The ultimate training place. If you find it, try to remember where it is, because chances are you'll want to spend a few hours there before entering Kefka's tower.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tyranexx

Eel wrote:

Dinosaur Forest. The ultimate training place. If you find it, try to remember where it is, because chances are you'll want to spend a few hours there before entering Kefka's tower.

Found it! I've picked up about 3 levels for my party already, though the enemies in this area (even outside the forest) hit hard lol. I've been using save states quite a bit.

Only played about 90 minutes or so yesterday evening, but I've picked up The Falcon (possible Star Wars reference?) done a bit of exploring, and am now attempting to recruit Terra again. Haven't followed the bird yet; I figure I'll pick up everyone if I keep exploring.

@BruceCM I was actually referring to Locke; I thought he'd be near the body of his beloved. Apparently he's off gallivanting around for treasure instead. "Treasure hunter" and all that....XD

Optional side quests? We'll see what I find.

Eel

The hardest enemy there gives a really good item too, rarely. Killing them is a pain, but the item they can give is like, ridiculously good.

Hopefully you'll get a few!

Their steal item is also good.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Anti-Matter

Tips for avoiding Fallen One from Final boss Kefka.

Use the highest Speed character to immediately summon Palidor so everybody will jump on a giant bird Palidor and avoid Fallen One. When you got turn again, use Gogo to mimic summon Palidor and everybody will jump on it again.
Kefka's HP was 72,000 so 8 times of 9,999 damages will kill him.

Edited on by Eel

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic