Forums

Topic: General Final Fantasy Thread

Posts 661 to 680 of 1,675

Dezzy

Snaplocket wrote:

StableInvadeel wrote:

@DarthNocturnal oh right, then they could sell the decimals as individual dlc mini chapters for the chapters!

I know this is meant to be a joke but after what happened with FF XV's DLC, I really hope this doesn't end up being the case. Really soured my opinion on the game.

Almost no chance that happens. Given that everyone knows ahead of time that the main story is being divided up, there's no reason at all crucial parts get left out of the part we play. It's gonna be the opposite. A ton of extra stuff gets added.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Dezzy

@Snaplocket

Well they're certainly needed if they want the Midgar part to be an entire game.

Eel

I’m sure there will be extra dlc content for the individual chapters as well. It’s simply how SE works now.

After all, drawing out and extending a story so you can divide it into multiple entries and maximize profits can’t ever be bad for it. Or so a little hobbit told me.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Dezzy

StableInvadeel wrote:

After all, drawing out and extending a story so you can divide it into multiple entries and maximize profits can’t ever be bad for it. Or so a little hobbit told me.

He prefers to be called Todd, or Mr Howard.

Dezzy

@StableInvadeel

For a while there, XV pretty much had a monthly subscription too, given how much new stuff was being added that you had to pay for.

You had the 3 character DLCs, the Comrades expansion, the Royal pack expansion, and then the Ardyn DLC.

Dezzy

@Snaplocket

It's not even clear how different they ultimately were. It might have been very similar. A lot of the themes and roles of the characters were very similar.

And we know from the very early FFXV trailers that their original story was quite similar to the final version. I'm guessing the original FFXV story was probably derived from Versus.

BruceCM

I was under the impression that it was just renamed, after taking so long.... So, it's likely it would have been very similar & any changes might as easily have happened without the change in title

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

TuVictus

I remember reading a pretty decent educated guess on what the story originally was based on the small details from the various trailers and interview tidbits. I think the most interesting part was the Stella character, but of course, we'll never know for sure.

TuVictus

Dezzy

PikPi wrote:

I remember reading a pretty decent educated guess on what the story originally was based on the small details from the various trailers and interview tidbits. I think the most interesting part was the Stella character, but of course, we'll never know for sure.

Basically the version that was deciphered from the trailers was:

Lucis originally worshipped the goddess Etro, who was one of the 3 main gods in FF13 (where she's almost never mentioned by name), and THE main god in FF13-2 (where she's mentioned a lot). She operated the gate to the afterlife that the Fal'cie were trying to open in FF13.
Noctis and Stella were the only 2 people who could see light disappearing through Etro's gate, which meant souls going to the afterlife, because they'd both had near-death experiences and had therefore been touched by Etro's powers, which explained why they both had advanced magic too.

It was never explained how they could see the same door to the afterlife that existed on Cocoon in FF13, given that Lucis seems to be a different world. Maybe Lucis originally was just Gran Pulse in its distant future, maybe the same goddess existed in multiple worlds, or maybe Lucis was actually supposed to be the afterlife itself that the souls from Cocoon went to, which could have made sense because it is stated in 13-2 that Etro sends the souls back through the gate to be reborn as new people. So it could still make sense that they can see souls going through the gate, as those are people being returned to Cocoon.

Beyond that, the only notable things are that the roles of Noctis and Stella are quite similar to what happened to Lightning and Caius in 13-2, so maybe that's where the idea was used. Also "Insomnia" is obviously the capital city of Lucis, and in the plot of 13-2, it's said that once Etro gave Lightning her power, she entered into an endless sleep. So the idea that the god they worship may be in an endless sleep, but the city of Insomnia is never sleeping, seems linked.

DarthNocturnal wrote:

One of Square Enix's character designers, Roberto Ferrari, said the story changed constantly during the XIII Versus era. It sounds like that, outside of a few things (like the four main characters), very little was “locked in“ until the rebranding.

It wasn't even locked in at that point. In the rebranding/reveal trailer in 2013, it's stated that there are 4 crystals that Niflheim are trying to capture, located in Tenebrae, Accordo, Lucis and Solheim.

In the final game, there's obviously just the 1 crystal, and the kingdom of Solheim didn't even exist anymore. It was changed into being the name of the ancient civilization that had just left some ruins around Lucis.

Edited on by Dezzy

Dezzy

@Snaplocket

Well they announced it while it was still in pre-production, which seems kinda weird in general.

Also, they spent so much time working on their own engines back then, and then again with XV. I'm glad they've basically abandoned that now and are mostly just using Unreal. Not that I want Epic to get any richer, but it's definitely better for getting a good AAA game in a reasonable time limit. Games should never be taking 5 years to make. They need to be just setting themselves a maximum of 4 years or something like that. Except for the very unique exceptions like Cyberpunk. They can take longer because they're trying to really innovate.

Edited on by Dezzy

SquallLeonhart86

I bet none of you here can guess what my fav final fantasy is.

Rise up

TuVictus

Wow, game pass having all those games is going to be amazing!

TuVictus

BruceCM

Just missing Type 0, @DarthNocturnal .... Anyone going to play those with GamePass here?

SW-4357-9287-0699

BruceCM

Yeah, I already own all of them, @Snaplocket .... The others are easily available quite cheap, pre-owned & also go on sale often online It's great news, though & I hope some here will play them in GamePass

SW-4357-9287-0699

Dezzy

SquallLeonhart86 wrote:

Ehrgiez on ps1

A game named after someone sneezing.

Dezzy

New FF7 trailer from Game Awards.

I'm genuinely in awe at how much they've perfectly nailed the mood of FF7. It's looks so much better than I'd ever imagined.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic