Forums

Topic: General Final Fantasy Thread

Posts 641 to 660 of 1,675

TuVictus

I truly hope that they announce at least an expected release window for the next "chapter" soon after the first launches. I still think that anything over a year between parts is gonna make the whole experience really weird

TuVictus

Dezzy

Yep they definitely need to give a release window. My guess is still 2 years between releases. They are making full-length games. Noway can they do that in a year.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

BruceCM

They also need to decide how many parts, @PikPi & @Dezzy .... I wonder how many people will bother getting part 1 until there's at least some idea on the rest of them

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Dezzy

@BruceCM

Lol that's why they're not calling it part 1. As far as the title goes, lots of people think they're getting a full game.

Edited on by Dezzy

BruceCM

Well .... I think most people looking forward to it probably do know, @Dezzy But they really should put that on the front, for anyone who doesn't If anyone does pick it up not knowing & only finds out at the end, they're not going to be happy

Edited on by BruceCM

SW-4357-9287-0699

Daniel36

@Dezzy They ARE getting a full game. Breath of the Wild is a full game, no? Just because there will be a part 2 doesn't make it any less of a full game.

And I really don't think the game will end abruptly or without some kind of closure to the story for those with no interest of going any further.

Daniel36

BruceCM

Not the same, @Daniel36 .... This is a remake of ONE game .... Whereas Breath of the Wild 2 will be a SEQUEL to a game that was complete on it's own There wasn't any talk about even a possible sequel until E3, more than 2 years after the first one

SW-4357-9287-0699

Daniel36

@BruceCM Well... They do call it a remake... So yeah, you got me there... :S

Daniel36

Daniel36

A true scientist admits when he is wrong.

Daniel36

Dezzy

@Daniel36

Well there are 3 groups of people. 1 is the group who follows all of the gaming news and knows everything that's going on with the game (everyone here probably).
2 is the group who don't follow all of the gaming news but have played the original game, so they know that the story doesn't end in Midgar.
3 is the group who don't follow the gaming news AND haven't played the original, so have no idea that the story continues long after leaving Midgar.

People in groups 2 and 3 might end up getting a bit annoyed by how this is being handled, because unless it's explicitly spelled out what they're doing, it is kinda unusual what they're doing. I don't think any other remake has ever done this!

Dezzy

@Snaplocket

Well I think they probably ran some economic calculations to figure out which approach would be best. The 3 groups I mentioned above will react slightly differently to different names for the game, so they probably just tried to optimize the most positive response depending on how big those 3 groups are.

Dezzy

@DarthNocturnal

Unfortunately they used every single Latin word in FFXV so they've ran out.

Daniel36

@DarthNocturnal Or just random stuff, as seems to also be pretty popular these days in JRPG circles.

So, something like... Final Fantasy 7 Re:make Midgar Ex - Protocol A Prelude - Materia Realization HD - Special Edition

Daniel36

Eel

Final Fantasy VII: Amore Phantasmia Generalisis Nova Vitae: Adagio of Restoration*

*(Part 1)

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

BruceCM

Expect the call from Squeenix, @Daniel36 .... They'll be hiring you to come up with games titles

SW-4357-9287-0699

Daniel36

@BruceCM It would be my honor. And trust me, I would come up with game titles.

I already have a list.

Terranigma Remastered
Illusion of Gaia the First
Soul Blazer Ex
Final Fantasy VI Remake
Final Fantasy : Crystal Chronicles Couch Co-Op Update

Let's just start with these, shall we?

Daniel36

BruceCM

Daniel36 wrote:

@BruceCM It would be my honor. And trust me, I would come up with game titles.

I already have a list.

Terranigma Remastered
Illusion of Gaia the First
Soul Blazer Ex
Final Fantasy VI Remake
Final Fantasy : Crystal Chronicles Couch Co-Op Update

Let's just start with these, shall we?

Not as good as your FFVII one .... You know they're doing FF: CC Remastered?
Final Fantasy VI Remastered: Extra Esper Edition?
Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions HD Remake?
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance: Remake For Switch?
Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift Remake For Switch?

SW-4357-9287-0699

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic