Forums

Topic: General Final Fantasy Thread

Posts 681 to 700 of 1,675

Anti-Matter

I want to ask about FF XIII-2
Is that sequel really worthy or just useless sequel ?
I heard FF XIII-2 was about Time Travel and Monster taming like Pokemon.
Does FF XIII-2 have something inappropriate (fanservice, rude language, partial nudity, darker story theme) for a Teen game ?

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Dezzy

@Anti-Matter

XIII-2 is pretty much just a completely new game. It has some of the same characters showing up from XIII but all of the main characters are new, and the story is only very loosely connected to the first game.

I liked it a lot though. Probably slightly more than XIII. The battle system is slightly better because you switch among the characters, which you couldn't in XIII. The world and progression is better because there's a lot of exploration and it's very non-linear.
The monster taming thing is done quite well. The monsters simply become your third party member, and you switch and upgrade them as if they're just another character.

It also has one of my all-time favourite towns in a Final Fantasy game. The futuristic city of Academia. I have no idea how they got something like this running on an Xbox 360:

Untitled

There's nothing "inappropriate" as far as I can remember. It's aimed at the same kind of audience age as XIII.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Anti-Matter

@DarthNocturnal
But i already got FF XIII PS3 last 22 December 2019. 😉
Untitled

@Dezzy
I think i will observe again FF XIII-2.
The "inappropriate" thing from XIII-2 if i remembered was the outfits of Chocolina.
She was too sexy like Victoria Secret model.
Not a bad thing but i was surprised with her outfits.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Dezzy

I assume people have heard that a FF7 demo has been spotted on PSN.

No word yet on when it's releasing though.

Anti-Matter

Yo, i have played FF XIII PS3 until Chapter 3 !
Btw, how to get more money during early chapter of FF XIII since the beginning was really linear ?

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Dezzy

@Anti-Matter

Linear you say? Lol.

Best way to get money is selling things. Some of the items that you don't really need sell for quite a lot.

Dezzy

The whole FF7 demo footage has leaked, for anyone who wants to watch it. Maybe good for people who are undecided as to whether they're interested.

I'm gonna avoid watching it though so I can just play the demo itself (which I assume is coming out this month at some point):

Dezzy

FF7 Remake demo is up on PSN. Get it played!

Dezzy

The amount of detail in the environments around Midgar is insane. Makes the world feel so real. And also really drives home how bummed I am that we'll have to wait for the next game to explore the world map:

Untitled

Edited on by Dezzy

Anti-Matter

I'm minority here but i never think the OMG Ultra HD realistic graphic of FF VII Remake is really nice. Instead, i start to barf to see such a graphics like that.
I think the simplicity graphic from other game that looks similar with FF games like Evoland II is looks much much better than FF VII Remake.

Anti-Matter

Dezzy

@Anti-Matter

I think Square are probably gonna be sticking with the more realistic style from now on.

You should go check out something like Trials of Mana instead!

Anti-Matter

@Dezzy
I will wait the Demo of Trials of Mana to try out the game.
Trials of Mana (both PS4 and Switch) is on my shopping list.

Anti-Matter

Dezzy

FF7 Remake Final Trailer.

In which Red XIII genuinely calls Barret a "sack of s**t". Well I'm glad they haven't toned it down too much.

Edited on by Dezzy

Anti-Matter

@Dezzy
And that's the reason why i banned FF VII and FF VII remake. 😒
ZERO tolerant for One swearing word i have found.
Don't even care with that OMG Ultra. HD graphics. Instead, it just made me barf. 🤮
I will NEVER allow any games with foul language come to my gaming room. NEVER EVER. â›”

Anti-Matter

Dezzy

@Anti-Matter

Catastrophe averted I guess then!

kkslider5552000

I'm finally back to playing FFVII after a year. As in, the original game.

I dunno how long it will take. I've heard the first disc is significantly longer to get through than the other two. Despite its issues, I do think this is one of the better FF games. Like right now, my favorites are the Tactics games and IX, with this one right below them, next to IV and VI.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

BruceCM

Happy birthday, Tifa .... You still look exactly the same!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Zeldafan79

Guys I've got a question about the FF VII remake. Just how much of the story do you get with this first episode or whatever? Since they just had to split it up into who knows how many games costing 60 dollars a piece.😒I've played the original so I'm not too worried about spoilers. Just give me some idea about where the first part concludes. I'm dying to know.

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

BruceCM

As they officially revealed already, @Zeldafan79 .... It covers the Midgar section & you get some scene after that before it ends?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic