Forums

Topic: General Final Fantasy Thread

Posts 1,461 to 1,480 of 1,675

jedgamesguy

@CactusMan What, you mean the one where Rikku undresse- AHEM... I mean taking off her wetsuit?

Thank God I got the game on Switch, I didn't have to dodge 200 lightning bolts for a trophy!

But to anyone who wants the game, get it physically. And if so try and get a Japanese copy, which has two cartridges.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Anti-Matter

@TheJGG
Oh, FF X/X-2 Switch Asian version has 2 games in 1 cartridge.

Anti-Matter

Dezzy

Snaplocket wrote:

@VoidofLight I just hope XVI has (permanent) female party members because both XV and Origins don't have them and the female characters that were in XV were..... underwhelming (to put it in the nicest way possible) and Origins doesn't seem to be a huge improvement in that regard.

I feel like if VII Remake wasn't a remake it would have female party members either.

I don't think you have anything to worry about. Every Final Fantasy except X-2 and XV has had a range of different party members.
With XVI, they've pretty much already confirmed that little girl in the trailer is one of the main party members.

Eel wrote:

X was when they started getting really good with the FMVs and making pretty anime people.

I'd say they were really good at FMVs from FF8 onwards. They noticeably haven't improved since FF13 though. The FF13 FMVs look better than the ones in FF7R in my opinion.
Which is pretty much true of CGI in movies too. That hasn't really improved since Avatar in my opinion.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

VoidofLight

@Dezzy They didn't confirm that Jill's a party member. They just confirmed she's involved with the main story, and that she grew up with Clive and Joshua.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Dezzy

@VoidofLight

Yeah well they haven't confirmed an actual party yet at all. I meant it in the more story-based sense of "party", as in one of the main characters. They wouldn't have told us that so early on if she wasn't a fairly major character, I would think.

But yeah, I'm just assuming that will translate into being an actual in-game party as well. Every single mainline FF game has a party of characters, so I doubt they're gonna change that now. Even if it's just a party like in XIII or XV, where you only weakly control them.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

jedgamesguy

Dug out my SNES Classic Mini and booted up Final Fantasy VI… oh man that’s a good game. I’ve only played it for ten minutes but it’s a very pretty game, not because of artistic choice but limitation. The music tracks so far’ve been amazing.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Tyranexx

@TheJGG Meaningful grinding I'm fine with. At least I'm set with my physical Japanese 2-in-1 cartridge! As for the Sphere Grid, I've seen a lot of feedback on how awesome most think it is. Looking forward to digging into that aspect of the game.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

TheFrenchiestFry

I hear that the Pixel Remasters of Final Fantasy I-III are now live on Android and iOS

They'll be going live on Steam in about an hour. Honestly they actually don't look that bad

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

BruceCM

Yeah, just waiting for Steam ones to unlock now ...... Odd the mobile ones don't seem to have a discount & I'm sure they'd said those were tomorrow!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Eel

Holy moly they are even more expensive than the previous remakes.

I don’t think I’ll buy any right now. Maybe once they go on sale. As much as I like FFIII, I can’t justify buying it again for nearly 500 pesos.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

BruceCM

It's odd the mobile ones seem to be more than the Steam versions, even before the 20% discount on latter .....

SW-4357-9287-0699

VoidofLight

I’d only buy these if they were all bundled together for like 30 bucks.

Eel

The pricing is much better in steam, true.

But I'd rather play these on my iPad, not my pc... Sigh.

I mean, I'd consider them if I could install them on my cheap windows tablet, but for some reason these need better specs than the previous remakes.

Edit: Know what? I'll get II on steam, just to test it with my windows tablet. If it doesn't work I can always just refund it. (or keep it like the digital hoarder I am)

Edit 2: Sigh it requires a 64bit version of windows. The tablet has a 32bit one. Too bad.

Edit 3: hm, I installed it on my far more decent desktop, and there there’s lots of screen tearing, it’s a bit weird! (I was able to fix this with my graphic card settings)

The music is entirely new, as are the graphics, though sadly there’s no character portraits during dialogue, and the characters don’t emote at all. Apparently these games do not have the extra content from the older remakes, but I can't confirm it myself.

Edit 4: Hm. I think I'll keep it just because I liked the free music remixes that came with my "preorder", and because FFII is under-appreciated so I feel bad asking for a refund. I can always play it with steam link anyway.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

BruceCM

There's lots of people streaming them, @Eel .... (& anyone else curious about them). From what I've seen, these are the original version remastered, with tweaks & fixes, etc but none of the content added to later versions! In many ways, I'm glad about that myself

SW-4357-9287-0699

Eel

Game balance is definitely not based on the originals. It largely feels like a middle-ground mix between all the remakes.

I’ve been enjoying the remake of II.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Eel

In a weird twist of fate, I received an itunes card as a gift, and although I would've rather waited for a sale, since it was effectively free, I bought FFIII for iOS.

So far it's been really interesting seeing the little subtle and big differences from the 3D version of the game, and the warriors of light do have their little bits of dialogue, which I wasn't expecting. Interestingly, on mobile the games have a tap-anywhere movement mode which is not present in Steam.

Also, the battle and victory music changes when you're mini, how cute is that.

Since I'm super original, I named my warriors of light Luneth, Arc, Refia, and Ingus.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

VoidofLight

I just got to Heavensward in XIV.

Eel

I have II on steam, and III on iOS. Both games work just fine offline.

That would be weird to have the android versions require an internet connection, would be a first for these games. I hope it's just an unintended side effect/overlooked thing they'll fix later, and not something they plan to add to the other versions.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Eel

Oh wow that’s odd, I’ve had the android (Amazon) version of 6 for a long time and literally never ever noticed it!

I went and opened it with wifi off, and indeed, it says it can’t confirm the license.

That’s… Bad.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic