Forums

Topic: General Final Fantasy Thread

Posts 1,441 to 1,460 of 1,675

jedgamesguy

@Tyranexx @VoidofLight It has a very bleak art direction, but as long as it isn't Tetsuya Nomura I'm on board. His style is nice but it's become so painfully generic over the years, especially as the series neared true photorealism. The only well designed characters after FFXII (excluding 14) are Lightning, Noctis, Aranea, and Ardyn. Helps they have interesting personalities too. These people are proof you can have interesting designs even with those good graphics.

When I was looking at artefacts in Spider-Man I could see the light from what seemed like Peter's apartment, playing off. Seeing it distort and shimmer across even paper, is shocking. It was only then that I realised just how powerful it was.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

VoidofLight

@TheJGG I really hope they do have ray tracing, but even if they don’t, the game still looks good in 4K. The character designs, while looking more grounded than XV, are still pretty interesting looking. Especially the design for the adult version of Clive.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Dezzy

TheJGG wrote:

but as long as it isn't Tetsuya Nomura I'm on board

I might use this quote for my account signature, Lol.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

jedgamesguy

@Dezzy If you like it and believe it wear it with pride. Enjoy!

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Tyranexx

@TheJGG I'll take your word for it. I'm still relatively new to Final Fantasy and only have VI under my belt so far. X is still backlogged and will likely be my next foray into the series.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

jedgamesguy

@Tyranexx Tell me about it, I only got my first game last year! Take my word on X being a damn good game too, it’s a very old game but holds up surprisingly well. So worth your time, so can’t wait to hear thoughts on that sooner or later down the road!

@VoidofLight Forgot about Clive, his old and young forms are very interesting designs. Can’t wait for more gameplay and story because it looks like a dark sort of game, but the right kind without any Chaos.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

VoidofLight

@TheJGG Yeah. XVI looks like a Darker story, without having to be "Edgy" or "Gritty". Instead of it looking like a 13 year old's version of dark, it looks like a proper mature version of it. I'm just hoping the deaths are minimal, and not a constant thing.. with them being more impactful due to that.

Tyranexx

@TheJGG I've heard/read that X is higher up on many favorite FF lists. Looking forward to when I do get to it! Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

BruceCM

Be sure to let us know how you get on with that when you do play it, @Tyranexx ....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

VoidofLight

@Snaplocket At the moment, it doesn't even seem like parties are making a return. It could change, but all the gameplay clips just show Clive fighting people on his own, with no one else. It'd be a little bit weird not to have any female party members though, seeing how it was a common thing before XV.

Tyranexx

@BruceCM Will do!

VoidofLight

@Snaplocket That, and the combat director worked on DMC.

VoidofLight

Eh, I'm impartial to it. As long as the story is good, and so is the gameplay, then I wouldn't mind. Sometimes not having a party could be used to support a narrative theme.

jedgamesguy

@VoidofLight I like this dark, it feels like a better direction for the series than... that thing. It's like Nomura and Nojima remain stuck in the past, claiming they're trying a new direction for the series whereas it feels like they're going backwards, and Yoshida's team is doing the exact opposite... Here's the difference between FFO and FFXVI; I like the designs in one and hate them in the other.

@Snaplocket Yeah it's always great to have a balanced cast; that's a plus in JRPGs. More voice talent, more range of personalities and more chemistry. As much as I liked Final Fantasy XV the female party members were just atrocious; we had them for like two seconds and we couldn't even play as them. Talking about Aranea and Iris of course.

Just look at FF7:R, two male and two female, plus a "male" animal in Red XIII. Ironically one of the smallest parties in the series has the best chemistry. FFXV had great chemistry too but for different reasons. And X has great chemistry between every single character (Kimahri is weaker but still).

@Tyranexx Awaiting the day! I almost wrote it off because of the 2001 graphics but it is such a fantastic and enjoyable experience. Keep pushing through bosses, grind when you can, and you're set.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

VoidofLight

@TheJGG Honestly, I hope that if the party does return, we get a beastman as one of the members. The beastmen in XIV have some really cool designs, and are really interesting.

I also agree. It's weird how originally, Versus 13 looked like a pretty dark and mature game, but seeing how Origin is turning out.. it's a bit worrying for what Versus would've been like if that released.

Tyranexx

@TheJGG From what I've seen of Final Fantasy X, I don't think I'll be too bothered by the graphics. As for everything else, it sounds like a lot of the standard RPG fare I like! As long as there isn't too much grinding anyway.

Anti-Matter

FF X = Final Fantasy Okinawa and Harajuku.

Anti-Matter

jedgamesguy

@Tyranexx I'd say there's a fair bit of grinding but I'll stress this, it's the kind that feels very meaningful, and has a significant end result. The Sphere Grid is awesome, so sorta choosing your own path and going at your own pace with advancement with stats is really fun.

@Eel They nailed the FMVs, even now they look better than most AAA games today. They captured Yuna's beauty like no other.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Anti-Matter

@TheJGG
With a lot of determination, you can fill all the nodes on Sphere Grid, replace some nodes with better spheres then you can get Ultimate strong characters (255 all stats).
Even you can make Yuna deal 99,999 damage from her staff with normal attack.

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic