Forums

Topic: General Final Fantasy Thread

Posts 1,101 to 1,120 of 1,675

BruceCM

Well, that's a good one, @Tyranexx .... We'll be here to offer any help needed, as usual! Since it's pretty linear, there's not many times where you can get lost, at least

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

jedgamesguy

@Tyranexx AH HA HA HA HA HA!!!

X is a fantastic game, the characters and storyline are quite good for an FF game. I'm not an expert at all but I almost beat the game last year. Damn Evrae boss fight was the reason I deleted my save and started over.

Edited on by jedgamesguy

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Tyranexx

@BruceCM I'll definitely pop in here again when I do start playing! Linearity doesn't bother me as long as it isn't too handhold-y (Hello modern Pokemon lol) and the story and characters are both decent.

@TheJGG I intentionally know little about X outside of the premise, but even I know what famous (or infamous) moment you're referencing. XD Glad to read that I'm in for another fun game!

We'll see if I feel the same about X-2 lol. I've heard mixed things about that one. I have the Japanese version where both games are on the cartridge, so I'll at least try it out.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

BruceCM

Well, the characters & story are great, @Tyranexx .... there's certainly some difficult bits, too, if you want to do everything X-2 is still good but quite different in tone but we'll see how you like it when you get to that

SW-4357-9287-0699

jedgamesguy

@Tyranexx Nah, it's a great game. Only downside is that I had to download the entire Final Fantasy X-2 game digitally, meaning more precious SD card space. I wish I had just the one cartridge, playing Switch games off the carts is a good quality.

Bigger games I always try to get physical otherwise I'd run out of space fast. I made an exception with Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age because of the digital discount, but that's about it.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Tyranexx

@BruceCM My intention is to go into X-2 with an open mind. Whether or not I finish it will entirely depend lol.

@TheJGG I managed to grab an import copy off of Amazon US that someone was selling a couple years ago. It was a bit pricey, but once you factored in how much I would've had to pay to PlayAsia, it was almost a wash. It boggles my mind that they could dump both games onto one cart for some regions (Japan and Asia) but went the half-and-half route for others. Likely to save on costs.

I much prefer physical over digital when I have the option, but I'm not against the latter if it's significantly cheaper than the former.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

Zeldafan79

I think I'm really starting to like Final Fantasy 3! I've been playing it for the first time and It's clearly the best of the Nes games! The music is really good. I got to the point where your boat gets an upgrade and basically becomes a transformer! Then while exploring i found this little island with a ship wreck nearby and oh my goodness that tune that's playing is gorgeous! Amazing how you can get such an emotional response from bleeps and bloops! Can't believe i never played this until now.

Have a listen!

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

BruceCM

Oh, I know where you are in the game, @Zeldafan79 .... Do keep us posted on it!

SW-4357-9287-0699

Anti-Matter

@BruceCM
I have finished FF III NDS since year 2014.
It was my first Original NDS game i got from my friend's order.
I thought i will get the used copy but no.
I got the sealed condition with very cheap price and my friend said he bought from play-asia.
And that was my first knowledge about play-asia and Ebay to order imported games.

Anti-Matter

Zeldafan79

Okay guys so I'm getting ready to play one of the favorites. Time to do another run of FF IV! I want to play the best version i possibly can. I was leaning towards the snes original but i hear the translation is awful and they dumbed down the difficulty. I was reading about a fan translation called Namingway edition that is supposedly the most acurate but did that one also fix the difficulty thing too?

What do you all think? I also have the DS version but i heard it's drastically different than the original.
I have played the snes one but it was so long ago i almost have no memory of it.

BruceCM

Well, I never had a SNES, @Zeldafan79 .... While I'd agree with DN that the Complete Collection for PSP/ Vita is probably the 'best', in being basically the GBA version of IV with better graphics & then After Years as well, maybe play the DS one as you already have that?

SW-4357-9287-0699

jedgamesguy

Half of me is tempted to set up my SNES Mini and play some FF6. Any thoughts on this?

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

BruceCM

Well, @Tyranexx played that version recently, @TheJGG.... Assuming you don't happen to own several versions, it'd tend to make more sense to play that than get another?

SW-4357-9287-0699

jedgamesguy

@BruceCM I almost got confused when I saw Final Fantasy III on the list of included games... but then... silly me! I realised that Final Fantasy VI is titled Final Fantasy III in the US.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Zeldafan79

@BruceCM
Wow you never had a Snes? You poor guy. I pity the fool who never knew the joys of super Nintendo.
That thing was the shiz nit! You must be quite young.

Edited on by Zeldafan79

Anti-Matter

@Zeldafan79
I have ever played some SNES games from my cousin back when i was kid but i still never have SNES machine until today.

Anti-Matter

BruceCM

No but I didn't hear about consoles until it was PS1 era, @Zeldafan79 .... & I only heard about games that didn't interest me for it at that time! Well, what's confusing now for that game is they've since corrected it to VI, @TheJGG, since the others came out! But anyway, the main difference between any versions is really just the optional extra post-game dungeon added for GBA & later ports, etc, based on that If you're curious, it's easy enough to find the list of all the changes for any FF game around, too

SW-4357-9287-0699

Tyranexx

TheJGG wrote:

I almost got confused when I saw Final Fantasy III on the list of included games... but then... silly me! I realised that Final Fantasy VI is titled Final Fantasy III in the US.

From what I've read, the FF numbers were pretty weird until the release of the original VII. NA received the first Final Fantasy on NES, the original IV was known as II (SNES), and VI was unofficially known as III (SNES). II, III, and V didn't roll around here for years.

BruceCM

While III only got over here with it's DS version, @Tyranexx .... Not so sure about the full details on all the others but mostly, if they 'localised' them for America, they brought them to Europe as well, so we wouldn't have got much they didn't get

SW-4357-9287-0699

Anti-Matter

@Tyranexx
It was because Western gamers were not welcome for 2D style graphic RPG like that on that time.
FF IV on USA with under name FF II was pretty decent on USA, that made Squaresoft concerning about FF V release on West. FF IV itself even on NDS was really tough with very slow character development, unlike FF III NDS.

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic