Forums

Topic: General Final Fantasy Thread

Posts 1,121 to 1,140 of 1,675

BruceCM

Hmm, well, there's various parts where it's easy to get a bit lost in that game, @DarthNocturnal .... But then that's my least favourite FF, since I don't count II or the MMOs That was their 'reasoning' with the other FFs that took so long, too, wasn't it? They're too difficult for western gamers!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Tyranexx

@BruceCM I do know the actual FFs II, III, and V all rolled over at some point, but not when. XD Freaky that the DS release of III was the first official localization.

@Anti-Matter From what I understand (Was too young to know or care at the time), there were a mixture of localization challenges as well as thinking some JRPGs were too "difficult" or unappealing for Western gamers. Not sure what went into that thinking at the time.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

BruceCM

Well, I know FFI & II made it onto PSP over here but that was from GBA, which I think must have come here, too, @Tyranexx ..... Not really like it matters so much now, other than to explain about the weird numbering & it is of some interest to us fans! If anyone really wants to check details on such things, it's usually easy enough to find out, though

SW-4357-9287-0699

Anti-Matter

@Tyranexx
Have you played FF III NDS ?
I have finished the game long time ago.

Anti-Matter

BruceCM

Lol .... I have? Played original DS one, Android version & Steam port of that! Not played any from before that, though, like Famicom/ SNES/ etc ones

SW-4357-9287-0699

Anti-Matter

@BruceCM
I don't know what makes FF I & II GBA were rated E / 3+ but on PSP they were rated Teen / 12+ ?
They were exactly same games, right ?

Anti-Matter

BruceCM

Well, I only got those on PSP, @Anti-Matter .... As far as I'm aware, the only differences would be better graphics & so on for PSP versions! No idea why the rating would be so different but maybe look up what that says if you're concerned!

SW-4357-9287-0699

Wargoose

@Tyranexx I think V first released on PSONE in Europe. I remember buying FFVI on PSONE mainly for the demo of FFX that came with it. I got FFIV and FFV at the same time in a double pack titled Final Fantasy Anthology.

Wargoose

Eel

The PS1 versions of the games were Teen too, and the thing both (PS1 and PSP) versions have in common is the FMV intros and concept art gallery. So maybe it's those things that raise the rating?

The mobile versions are also rated E, and those are based on the PSP versions, without the video intro and art gallery.

So it seems that would be the case.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tyranexx

@BruceCM Yep, I got my information off of a couple of online sources. I was really confused about the numbering (specifically for III/VI) in some cases. Needless to say that shed some light on a few things!

@Anti-Matter I have not. I could have bought it for a decent price at one point, but I read some feedback that you can't save at all in the lengthy final dungeon. That was a hard NOPE for me; I'm not going to spend many hours on a game only to get RNG-screwed in the final dungeon last second and lose hours of progress a a result lol.

@Wargoose V is another title I'd like to play. I'll need a reliable platform to play it on first though. Or maybe SE will bring it to the Switch and make my choice easier.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

Eel

The final dungeon in FFIII is not that bad. It's pretty much linear, and not very long.

If you get the game for mobile or pc, you get an auto save before every battle so you can just close the game and try as many times as you want.

I do recommend to stick around the first floor so you can grind a few levels though, specially if you want to get a few job levels with the last few classes you get right before the final tower.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Anti-Matter

@Eel
3 Black Belts and 1 Devout are perfect combination during inside Crystal Tower.

Bahamut's Lair is one perfect place to grind level since the enemies can be annihilated by damage above 5000 and better use Black Belt job to defeat all enemies inside Bahamut's Lair as the character got leveled up, their HP growth are determined by Vitality point. Black Belt have very high Vitality point so when your characters got leveled up, you can raise their MAX HP into 9999 as possible. If you got Black Belt job before level 60, it was perfect timing to grind the HP growth into 9999 with tons of patience.

Anti-Matter

Eel

I've found out that having two bards usually works well for most places. You can have one bard using the healing song, and the other one using the damaging song.

The other team members can be anything else, they just need to finish off the monsters damaged by the music.

Though I do usually carry another team member that can heal, in case the enemy deals more damage than what the song can heal.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Tyranexx

Ah, got it. So stick with PC or Mobile for FF III when I do finally pick that up. XD I've heard it's a decent one overall, though it seems to fall in the middle of most rankings.

Edited on by Tyranexx

BruceCM

Yeah, there are no save points in that version of FFIII & it didn't have auto-save, @Tyranexx .... So, you can save anywhere on the world map! But fortunately, they have fixed the auto-save with Android/ ios/ Steam ports. Which does work, just make sure to get out of the game if you're about to get slaughtered
It'd be awesome if they did bring all the FFs to Switch, too! Certainly don't see why they couldn't port Android/ ios versions there, there's enough other such games on Switch!

SW-4357-9287-0699

Anti-Matter

@BruceCM
FF III was such underrated Final Fantasy.
The remake version on NDS / PSP / Mobile / Steam was really great. Characters have their own looking and names, unlike NES version.

Anti-Matter

Zeldafan79

On my final fantasy 3 run i nearly made a fatal mistake. My party was made up of two Ninja's and two sages and i didn't bring enough shurikens for the final boss. I found that out the hard way. If you're using ninjas bring plenty shurikens! I basically kept getting at least one of my characters wiped out every turn and having to use the life 2 spell to revive the dead ones and hoping the whole group didn't get blasted before i could save anyone. It was awful! I simply wasn't doing enough damage without those shurikens. It was a close call but i won!

Edited on by Zeldafan79

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

BruceCM

Yeah, they tweaked quite a few things while doing DS version, though, @Zeldafan79 ..... You wouldn't want any Sages in that, they're so slow as to be useless! You'd be better off with 1 Devout & then you have options for whether Magus or Summoner is even worth having

SW-4357-9287-0699

Zeldafan79

@BruceCM
Yeah i was using sages because they can summon and as you know summons are awesome but it seems like at least in this game they aren't that useful. Maybe i should have gone with any other job class. The Ninja's are a must though. Not just because they are powerful either. They're ninjas duh! Ninja's rule!

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

BruceCM

As I understand it, they were a lot better in the original version, @Zeldafan79 .... Perhaps summons were rather better there, too? In the DS version & all those based on that, though, they nerfed Sages pretty hard! Summons are great against parties of monsters but they're not really so good against bosses & I prefer to have the Ninja with shurikens for the tentacle that's supposed to be 'immune' to physicals. So, my end-game party is Ninja, Black Belt, Devout, Knight
But you finished it now, anyway, so .......

SW-4357-9287-0699

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic