Forums

Topic: General Final Fantasy Thread

Posts 1,021 to 1,040 of 1,675

Tasuki

I love FF VI it's my favorite in the series and quite honestly the best in the series before the series fell to *****. The only thing is I just can't make it through the game. All the grinding you gotta do for the spells just kills it for me.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

BruceCM

Oh, well, of course he is, @Tyranexx ... I'd better just let you know that you'll need 2 parties for his dungeon, too!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Zeldafan79

I'm currently on a mission to finally complete all main FF games. I hope to finish by years end if I'm lucky.
I just started FF 2 a few days ago. The only ones I've ever actually completed before are FF VI and VII so this is gonna be one heck of a project!

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

BruceCM

& that's the worst FF, @Zeldafan79 .... I don't think you'd manage ALL the main games in one year! Surely, you'd want some breaks from the series, too? Best of luck with that, though

SW-4357-9287-0699

Anti-Matter

I have obtained Hecatoncheires Eidolon on FF XIII PS3. 😀
The battle was tough with just only Vanille and Fang. 😩
I have spent a lot of hours by grinding CP at Gran Pulse Steppe from King Behemoth and Megisothorian.

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

Picked up Shadow, Terra, and Gau yesterday evening. I wasted about an hour trying to find what I needed to recruit Shadow as I didn't think I had it, only to find out I DID have the weapon needed for the Colosseum; some resources apparently use an older name for the weapon in question. Currently exploring Narshe since there's apparently a certain Moogle around....

According to my in-game file, I'm approaching the 34 hour mark. Am I getting close to the end? I intend to do some of the side stuff related to character recruitment, but not everything lol. What's a good level for everyone to be at for the endgame?

@Eel I might have come across that enemy but had way less luck than with the T-rex enemies lol. More levels appear to be needed!

@BruceCM Grrreeeeaaatttt....And I've already found out that, in older JRPG fashion, your benched units don't earn any XP at all.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Eel

@Tyranexx hah yup, it's pretty much the hardest normal enemy in the entire game. Basically a boss.

Definitely more of an end game grinding spot.

As for levels, maybe having your characters around 50-60 should be fine for the last tower?

There's not much you need to do in the world of ruin, but there's many interesting and fun things you can do there before ending the game.

If you ever find giant worms and they try to eat you... It might be interesting to see what they have inside!

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

BruceCM

Yeah, @Tyranexx .... It's a bit of a pain but you'll get a few levels if you do everything & swap people around a bit Just keep going & see how you do? There's several people to find & their optional extra quests, so that'll all help

SW-4357-9287-0699

Dezzy

Zeldafan79 wrote:

I'm currently on a mission to finally complete all main FF games. I hope to finish by years end if I'm lucky.
I just started FF 2 a few days ago. The only ones I've ever actually completed before are FF VI and VII so this is gonna be one heck of a project!

Best of luck! That's quite the goal. What are you including in the "main FF games" category? There are games like Crisis Core, Tactics, FFX-2 and FFXIII-2 which are all pretty great, but not main numbered entries. Whereas the main numbered entries contains FF2, which sucks, and 2 MMOs, which are quite hard to "complete" in a short time frame. I dunno if FF11 is even online still?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Tyranexx

@Eel THAT would explain a lot! Is it the Brachiosaurus type enemy? That thing hits like a truck.

Levels 50-60 sound somewhat doable, though I might shoot for the lower end of that range. Not only to keep a bit of challenge, but also because I don't like grinding long-term. I habitually don't run from enemy encounters much unless the enemies are so underleveled that it would be a waste of time. Did that a few times with some of the rabbit enemies near Narshe before everything changed when The Fire Nation attacked the Empire screwed up lol.

No giant worms yet. Though I unintentionally ran into Doom Gaze at one point. Thank goodness I did a restore point shortly before that. I did send an ice dragon packing this morning though. Played for about half an hour.

@BruceCM Yeah, I need to quit relying on my main party and swap everyone around a bit, but with some of the areas I've wandered into...that's a hard sell lol. I'm currently using Terra, Setzer, Celes, and Edgar most of the time. Though if I pick up someone else, I'll have enough for a team 2 that I'll start investing in.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

BruceCM

Well, there's 8 dragons around, if that was your 1st, @Tyranexx .... & you'll probably want to beat DG eventually, too! Should I warn you now the final tower needs 3 teams, then? You still having difficulty with Sabin's Blitzes? You can learn his ultimate one at a certain hut, though, if that helps at all

Edited on by BruceCM

SW-4357-9287-0699

Eel

A tip for Sabins blitzes, is that whenever they ask for a diagonal input, some times just pressing a normal directional input works just fine.

So...
⬅️↙️⬇️↘️➡️

Can be simplified to
⬅️⬅️⬇️➡️➡️

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Tyranexx

I picked up Mog AND Umaro, (Sweet, a yeti!) yesterday evening. I also explored Doma Castle, but I found nothing of interest...yet. Working on recruiting Cyan next. I have a feeling revisiting his home turf might trigger something. Also found a couple more Espers.

@BruceCM I actually did find Sabin's ultimate blitz yesterday! Haven't used it yet. The only combo I can only reliably recreate is the starting one/Pummel. Thanks @Eel, that is helpful! I was shying away from using the diagonal inputs since those are a pain in some games I've played. I need to keep a small cheat sheet nearby when I use him. I've subbed him in for the time being. Currently using Mog, Sabin, Shadow, and Gau to train them up a little more. Umaro joined at a decent level, but for some reason Gau started all the way down at level 32. So far most of them seem to start at roughly the same level as my main team, or a couple levels lower.

Eel

Oh and about Sabin, another thing!

Don't make the same mistakes as me, and check if his blitzes are actually damaging the enemies! Some of them deal elemental damage, and, well, some enemies absorb them! So you might end up healing them.

Here you can see their elemental types, and also their simplified inputs, since some of the longer ones do replace the diagonals with up or down inputs so my explanation was kind of lacking.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

BruceCM

Hopefully, Eel's info will be helpful, then, @Tyranexx .... Sounds like it's going well, though!

SW-4357-9287-0699

Tyranexx

Eel wrote:

Oh and about Sabin, another thing!

Don't make the same mistakes as me, and check if his blitzes are actually damaging the enemies! Some of them deal elemental damage, and, well, some enemies absorb them! So you might end up healing them.

Here you can see their elemental types, and also their simplified inputs, since some of the longer ones do replace the diagonals with up or down inputs so my explanation was kind of lacking.

Thanks! I'll use that as a reference. While I've accidentally healed enemies a time or two with elemental weapons (better than learning this on a boss, anyway lol), I had no idea the blitzes would be subject to the same rules. In the (admittedly few) games I've played with a monk-type class, they're usually physical-based fighters.

Anti-Matter

I have question about FF XIII.
Before i continue to back to Cocoon after beating Barthandelus 2nd time, is there anything i should exploit (CP Farming, Exp growth, Gil farming) before i proceed to next storyline ?
I saw from Youtube videos, during chapter 11 and 12 some peoples have tons of money and have HP more than 5000 while i still poor with just between 15,000 - 20,000 Gil and HP between 4500 - 6000, still have no idea to Gil farming in order to buy better HP bangle and upgrading the weapons / accesories.
Getting items and money in FF XIII was extremely hard without exploiting by tricks. 😤

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Zeldafan79

@BruceCM
Yeah FF 2 does seem a bit dull. What is it exactly that makes it the worst? I definitely am not loving the way you level up weapons instead of your characters. Plus i was reading about a bug in the Nes version that makes bosses too easy. Something about being able to kill them in one hit even. Is this for real? Anyway yeah getting through all the main games will be quite the task. I just feel like i need to get that done at least once before i shuffle off to that big arcade in the sky. I do take breaks and play other things but my main focus has been Final fantasy lately.

So how is FF 3? The real FF 3 i mean. That one is up next. Should i go with Nes or DS?

Edited on by Zeldafan79

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

Dezzy

@Anti-Matter

You can teleport back to Pulse closer to the end if you want to do all of the side stuff.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic