Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition

Posts 1,001 to 1,020 of 1,302

NintendoByNature

@Dezzy makes sense since they're absolutely huge lol. I almost beat him twice though. I might try 1 more time now that I'm at level 64 to see what happens. I was so close.

Also i just noticed recently that reyn is at 9999hp. I didn't notice until today and i dont know when that kicked in. It's not like he's at a higher level than anyone, but maybe it's his armor? He isn't equipped with many gems or anything. The strange part is that it's not like he outlives the other two even though he has double HP than them. I guess what i am saying is how did I get him up to 9999 and why isn't anyone else..

NintendoByNature

kkslider5552000

Reyn just gets really good HP stats just because AFAIK. This happened in my playthrough and pretty much anyone else's that I've seen.

Dezzy wrote:

The enemy levels don't fully account for the difficulty difference.

I've never liked this, just give them a higher number for their level.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

NintendoByNature

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Reyn just gets really good HP stats just because AFAIK. This happened in my playthrough and pretty much anyone else's that I've seen.

Dezzy wrote:

The enemy levels don't fully account for the difficulty difference.

I've never liked this, just give them a higher number for their level.

Funny, i never noticed before. Wonder how long he's been at 9999 for me. I'm with you too. Give them a higher level.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

Reyn was at 9999 HP for the last quarter of the game for me. And defense over 900. The HP Up tops out at +50% so don’t waste gems if you don’t need to. For example. If Shulk already had +43% HP I wouldn’t waste a gem slot just to hit that last 7%, I’d put an Agility gem and get +35 Agility.

Which, btw, Shulk had 183 Agility in late game. Enemies couldn’t hit him. It was amazing.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Heavyarms55

@JaxonH Yes, if you remember from XC2, they show that there were 3, Mythra, Malos and one more. Presumably the 3rd blade is Alvis.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Tyranexx

I explored the entirety of Sword Valley last night and picked up/finished most Mechon quests that floated my way. I'm having issues with the last one I picked up (something with a radio tower; I've slept since then lol) as that Mechon is absolutely massive and is level 55; my whole crew is sitting at 54. I've decided to move into Galahad Fortress for now but hope to come back to that one...maybe. I'm thinking of temporarily flipping on Casual Mode just to mow through that fight, but I haven't entirely convinced myself yet lol.

Plot-wise, Mumkhar/Metal Face totally deserved what was coming. Still, Shulk selflessly saved his life once and tried to (in vain) once again. That definitely speaks volumes about his character IMO.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

iKhan

I just got Melia in my party.

I've been trying really hard to play as everyone this time around, but I'll be honest, it's going to be tough to play as anyone else now.

Also recently cleared Satorl Marsh, and I've gotta say, that whole area is kind of ruined in DE by the quest tracking system. The Secret area is spoiled by an early Colony 9 sidequest. Same with the Ignas fortress. I felt like I couldn't really take in and enjoy the area, because the game just kept telling me where to go.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Dezzy

NintendoByNature wrote:

@Dezzy makes sense since they're absolutely huge lol. I almost beat him twice though. I might try 1 more time now that I'm at level 64 to see what happens. I was so close.

If I remember rightly, those enemies deliberately kick into overdrive when their health falls like like 1/4 of the total.
So you do probably need to be quite a few levels higher. It wasn't just bad luck.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

NintendoByNature

@Dezzy i actually bested the dude last night! I was level 64 and he was 65. It felt great lol.

NintendoByNature

iKhan

@link3710 Yep. But the red exclamation point for search quests is still stupid. It's a search quest. If you tell me what it is, it defeats the point, and the way the game is designed, ends up actually leading you to hidden places I'd have rather discovered myself.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx I really doubt you'll need casual mode. You seem to be making good progress. If you're struggling you could always level a tad more.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Dezzy

iKhan wrote:

It's a search quest. If you tell me what it is, it defeats the point, and the way the game is designed, ends up actually leading you to hidden places I'd have rather discovered myself.

Yeah but there are like 1 million of those quests in the game. They get incredibly boring after a while. This new approach makes them feel more routine, but less frustrating.

iKhan

Dezzy wrote:

iKhan wrote:

It's a search quest. If you tell me what it is, it defeats the point, and the way the game is designed, ends up actually leading you to hidden places I'd have rather discovered myself.

Yeah but there are like 1 million of those quests in the game. They get incredibly boring after a while. This new approach makes them feel more routine, but less frustrating.

Ideally, I’d have just liked a toggle for quest markers. But in the absence of that, they could have at least disabled the marker for named side quests, or avoided showing you the marker if it was in an undiscovered location or secret area.

NintendoByNature

Well, i flipped to casual mode on the yaldabaoth battle. I would get him down to half health no problem, but then 3 or 4 mechs show up and It got so chaotic I didn't know what I was supposed to do. I kept dying so when i changed to casual, it gave me a little more time to realize what i needed to destroy to progress in the battle. Back to normal mode now, because casual felt a little too easy during that battle.

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Is there a reason I can't fast travel during chapter 17? I'm only at level 70 and I want to take down some high level monsters in older areas before heading to the final boss.

NintendoByNature

Dezzy

@NintendoByNature

Are you trying to fast travel to a place that no longer exists?

Grumblevolcano

@NintendoByNature If you can't fast travel anywhere, you need to progress further in the story to be able to regain fast travel.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NintendoByNature

@Dezzy i guess that COULD be the case considering what happened in chapter 16, but why would they put level 65 monsters there if you cant go back to them later?
@Grumblevolcano I'm pretty much at the end of the game. I feel like it's now or never. I might have to implement casual mode depending on how this chapter plays out and how much exp I get

NintendoByNature

Grumblevolcano

@NintendoByNature There's 3 possible situations:

1. You're early in the chapter where you can't warp anywhere, you need to progress in the story to regain fast travel
2. You're at a point where you can fast travel but some areas you can't fast travel to because of story events (chapter 16's events does mean all of Mechonis except Fallen Arm is unavailable)
3. You're at a point late in the chapter where you can't fast travel anywhere or save

Given your party's levels I'd guess you're at point 1 or 2.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic