Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition

Posts 981 to 1,000 of 1,302

link3710

@JaxonH I don't know about going all the way back to XC1. The new XC:DE styled designs are actually something I'd be okay seeing as the basis of the games going forward (even if I still love the XC1 character designs more), but there's a lot of good stuff to pull from later games.

I mean, just look at how many XCX/XC2 features XC:DE has implemented. They're clearly moving forward, not looking back.

There are a few things they should drop from XC2 though. Juvenile sexual jokes and male gaze need to be toned down significantly. Randomly generated party members don't need to return, but the blades system itself is better than XC1s, so I'd like to see that continue in some form with party members instead unlocked through sidequests. XC3 does need to tone down the length of the battles, increase damage dealt across the board or reduce health. Also, it needs to not lockout topple and launch for as long, letting the system get interesting quicker. Like, XC1 gave you everything too fast, but XC2 gave you everything too slow. XC3 should be somewhere in the middle, and be better about letting you access things it hasn't explained yet if you know how.

The story of XC2, once you got past the more juvenile aspects, was up to par with XC1s, and I'd like to see XC3s different in the same way.

link3710

JaxonH

@link3710
Not saying they should drop features or things they have improved. I’m talking about the story and the battle system. That’s why I went on to detail the story itself, specifically. I liked XC2 story, but the first 75% of the game was definitely subpar to the last 25%. I would agree the last 25% was as good as XC, but the difference is, all of XC story was top notch, while XC2 story was 8/10 for the bulk of it, then ramped it up to 10/10 for the final stretch.

Keep all the new improvements and stuff. But the story should get back to basics and be more real and relatable. XC2 had a very distinct anime style, more so than the first two games. And that’s part of why I didn’t like it quite as much as this one. And I just think the story wasn’t as good overall. Still great, it’s just by comparison, not as great.

I would also prefer they not do the whole blades thing again. I much prefer having a core cast of characters, rather than a driver/blade combo with tons of blades. It was an interesting approach for one game, and I can appreciate it for that one game, but it’s not something I’d want to see continue in future games.

Basically, I’m saying the story, and the battle system. Those need to get back to basics. Because those are the two things I think the first game outclasses all the others in. There are other mishaps the 2nd game did (tutorials locked, stringing out mechanics the entire game, battles too long, etc etc) but I’m not too concerned about that stuff. I’m sure that will all be improved upon.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Tyranexx

@Heavyarms55 Ah, so it is part of a long continued quest chain. Gotcha. I'll be keeping my eye out for more of them!

Kinda wondered if the Nopon sage wouldn't show up again.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx Yes, all the quests related to the Giants are related to one another and you'll need to do them all to... cool spoiler thingie.

And yes, the Sage will show up again.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

JaxonH

Oh man. This game is so good I wanna shout it from the rooftops!

I’m pretty far. Feels like the end has to be close.

DO NOT READ unless you’ve made it to near the end
Beat Egil, watched the cutscenes of Mechonis reawakening, then Zanza coming back, the Bionis awakening and destroying the Mechonis (freaking EPIC), just fought Dickson on a dinobeast telethia, and Alvis in space with Shulk, who came back and now has an awesome new green Monado... and that’s where I’m at

Epic. Epic epic epic.

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

jedgamesguy

@JaxonH You're so close. But a lot of new quests and stuff pop up after that crucial lockout point that is the core. You might want to check them out, because they offer ridiculous amounts of experience.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

JaxonH

Well, I beat the game!

That final boss was hard as heck in the second round, I actually died and came SO CLOSE to dying the next time too. 2 party members down, and I go get Reyn up, then I die immediately within seconds of getting him up, so he comes and gets me up, then I get Sharla up, and somehow, SOMEHOW, we came back and won that fight.

It’s official. Best JRPG I’ve ever played. And I loved the tie in. Makes sense now that everything has come together between the games.

This is one of the few series I have beaten 3 games in. I’ve done it for Metroid, and Zelda, and... that’s about it. I’ve beaten 2 Final Fantasy games, and well, I suppose Mario would also count as I’ve beaten more than I can remember, same for DKC if you count the old games. But I guess I mean GameCube onwards.

Heavyarms55

@JaxonH Now you can do new game plus and unlock all the crazy OP stuff and fight the super bosses!

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

jedgamesguy

@JaxonH The journey is far from over!

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

JaxonH

@theJGG @Heavyarms55
Think I’ll just do Future Connected quick and move on. Was trying to get this game finished before Trails of Cold Steel III, which releases tomorrow.

But... since it’s gonna be another 9-12 months before Cold Steel IV, and I doubt I’d finish before Paper Mario/Catherine anyways, I suppose it can wait a bit.

Never did jump into Xenoblade 2 NG+. But it’s nice having it unlocked just in case.

That ending though. Learning Klaus, who had half his body stuck in the XC2 world from creating a new universe, his other half is Zanza from XC1 is too awesome. I love how XC2 expanded on the origin story of how the universe was destroyed. Also, Alvis had the same blade symbol as Pyra/Mythra and Malos. Interesting.

NintendoByNature

@JaxonH what level were you at for the final boss? Nice to know if im on pace or not

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

@NintendoByNature
I was level 75 on Casual Mode. And it was a fight to the bitter end. I can see how hard this game gets if you don't use Casual. My bro said he stopped playing late game on Wii because it got so hard at the end requiring so much grinding. I feel like activating Casual Mode once you're in the Mechonis rounds out the difficulty and at least makes it feel more doable without excessive grinding.

jedgamesguy

@JaxonH I did so many quests that I beat the game at LV89, evaporating any kind of challenge. But considering I spent two months in 2016 trying to beat the final boss I think I earned some respite.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Grumblevolcano

@NintendoByNature I managed to beat the final boss at level 83 and it was challenging (didn't use casual mode). Overcoming the difficulty spike without casual mode really relies on doing quests where you can, especially those ones that expire after a certain point.

My guess is there wasn't a difficulty spike before the Bionis' Shoulder was cut from the original game and cutting the content introduced the difficulty spike. Either that or something to do with all those limited time quests.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NintendoByNature

@JaxonH sounds like I'm on pace. Just started Chapter 14 and level 61 or 62 across the board. I have really only died 3 or 4 times at most on specific sections so I believe I'm at a good level thus far.
@GrumbleVolcano dang 83 and challenging huh? I pretty much do any side quest I can in every area. Barring any ones that rely on a thunderstorm. As i mentioned prior, if I get to the final boss and I'm truly stuck, ill flip to casual. Especially after hearing what Jaxon said about being and casual and still being difficult.

NintendoByNature

Dezzy

@JaxonH

I loved how they connected XC1 and XC2 together as well. Also, yes....

Alvis/Monado was the third Aegis core from XC2. It was called the "trinity core processor" in XC2, and if you go back and watch the last chapters, Klaus does explain that the third core "Ontos" disappeared into another universe. He obviously hadn't realized it was Alvis, which is why Zanza didn't entirely understand it either.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

JaxonH

@Dezzy
I wonder if the 3 aegis cores were evil (Malos), good (Pneuma) and neutral (Alvis) and those 3 components comprised the full artificial intelligence. Just a thought. I also can't quite piece together how Alvis had the power to create but Pneuma and Malos did not.

Dezzy

@JaxonH

They're all just supposed to be good. Malos only turned bad because the blades take on some of the traits of their driver in XC2, and he was driven mad by the nihilism of Amalthus. That was explained at the end XC2 when you meet Klaus. Also, the reason Alvis had the power to create (and had superior powers to Pyra or Malos in general) was because he was part of the creation of that new universe, so he had essentially god-like powers in that particular universe. Whereas the other 2 aegis cores weren't in that situation. They weren't existing within the universe they'd created. They were in the original universe where they were just superpower AIs, not gods.

NintendoByNature

Some seriously tough enemies in central factory. I keep dying against the giant 65 level mech when im at 63. I literally just got to level 64 and I saved the game. I'll give him another try later. Hes not apart of the quest items or enemies i need to beat, but I need to annihilate this fool after about 5 deaths. Problem is I'll have him against the ropes and only 1/5 or so of HP left and some other mech strolls in and screws everything up. Did a little side quest in a room off the beaten path killing a unique mech that was for 23k exp.. Those are the quests i need to hunt down. Defeat an enemy and grab a ton of exp lol.

NintendoByNature

Dezzy

@NintendoByNature

The enemy levels don't fully account for the difficulty difference. There are some you can beat when you're 5 levels lower than them.
Those massive walking fortress mechon you need to be like 2 or 3 levels above really.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic