Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Posts 481 to 500 of 1,867

Bankaj

@defhed Hard to ignore a love letter like this, thanks for laugh!
TommyTendo, Vortexeo, Ralizah, you too thanks for the feedback on this.

Started yesterday on XC1;DE. I honestly didn't know what to expect, I thought the combat would be limited, since my only experience with XC is Shulk and Pyra in Smash (what a reference, lol) and in there the Monado arts gave me the wrong impression of what the actual game was gonna be like. I looked up a gameplay video when XC1;DE came out back in the day and was thrown off by the automatic attack. To elaborate on this, one of my favorite RPG's is the 'Tales of' franchise where you have more control over the combat in terms of attacking and blocking. XC combat therefore feels a bit less controlable for now.

Anyway. Based on my first impressions so far: I was wrong. Wrong for not starting this adventure earlier. So far having a blast. Music is godlike.

I'm a slow gamer, so I won't start on XC3 this year for sure. I'll beat XC1;DE and then decide whether to jump on XC3 or make a detour for XC2.

Thanks again for the feedback!

Edited on by Bankaj

Bankaj

Mioaionios

I've been thinking a lot about this game recently and am super hyped for it.

One aspect in particular that's been going through my mind is how the game will start and I have a feeling it'll be more like XC1 than XC2. Remember in the trailers where everyone's wearing their military outfit and look different from their official artwork and all the other footage we've got?
I believe that scene's going to be the tutorial, like how you control Dunban at the beginning of XC1.

Maybe the game will start us off with Noah and his friends Eunie and Lanz in the middle of a battle against the Angus army. At the end of the tutorial they meet Mio and her friends, start battling but then get interrupted by that Ouroboros during which Noah and Mio interlink for the first time.

Perhaps that's a lot to throw at us during the tutorial, or even during the first act and all this takes place during a much larger portion of the game, I don't know, but the fact that the only footage we've got with them in their military outfit seems to come from the same set of scenes, I think all of this will take place very early in the game.

Mioaionios

meleehunter

@Tremblucay There's a wrinkle in that theory because the Agnus members actually perform somewhat differently to the Keves ones with their Arts recharges. Keves is purely time-based ala the first Xenoblade while the Agnus recharge theirs by hitting with auto-attacks like in Xenoblade 2.

In the end, we're all we got.

My Nintendo: meleehunter

Mioaionios

@meleehunter
Not sure what any of that has to do with my theory.

Edit: Also, I tried to find confirmation of your claim that Keves' and Angus' heroes work slightly differently, but couldn't find it. Can you provide me with a link?
I did find a theory though that some arts will be filled through auto-attack while others do so over time (circel and diamond arts). However, these aren't exclusive to Angus and Keves heroes respectively. There's gameplay out there with a single hero having both circle and diamond shaped arts.

Edit 2: I came across a video by Luxin on YouTube where he showed through some gameplay vids that you were indeed correct. The Keves members recharge their arts through a simple cooldown, while the Angus members recharge them through auto-attacking. Sorry to doubt you before.

Edited on by Mioaionios

Mioaionios

Mioaionios

Heard this theory that Aionius might evolve into Mira in the far future.

While it's an interesting theory, I'm not sure how that'd work.
Either the White Whale traveled through time instead of space or it traveled to another dimension.
I think it'd be cool if that were the case though. I'd love to see the XCX series continue after XC3. Make it the second trilogy in a trilogy of trilogies. I'd be all down for something like that, though I hope to live long enough to see it all come to fruition. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Mioaionios

Vortexeo

So who's gonna be tuning into the Xenoblade 3 direct on Wednesday? For me I'm super torn because I really want to see them dive into things like the chain attack mechanics but at the same time...I really don't want to know anything about the storyline. I still haven't looked at any of the character trailers they've had or listened to any of the music that's been posted online ๐Ÿ˜…

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

Mioaionios

I can't begin to express how excited I am for this Direct. I'm not someone who gets easily bothered by spoilers, but I hope they focus on gameplay.

Mioaionios

Vortexeo

@Tremblucay Honestly same, I hope they focus on gameplay as well! Maybe I'll watch the direct after it's done streaming so I can skip any potential story details. It would be so cool if they let you explore the world with the ouroboros forms!

Mioaionios

Vortexeo wrote:

It would be so cool if they let you explore the world with the ouroboros forms!

I doubt that's going to be possible. But there's all these kinds of mobile artillery from both armies, so who knows... maybe we get one of those?

Mioaionios

Mioaionios

By the way, I'm fully expecting them to announce an Expansion Pass during the Direct with exclusive Heroes to recruit you can use as your 7th party member.

Mioaionios

kkslider5552000

...huh.

I mean, I did think it was weird how little of this game they were really showing off, since it comes out in a month.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

iLikeUrAttitude

Vortexeo wrote:

So who's gonna be tuning into the Xenoblade 3 direct on Wednesday? For me I'm super torn because I really want to see them dive into things like the chain attack mechanics but at the same time...I really don't want to know anything about the storyline. I still haven't looked at any of the character trailers they've had or listened to any of the music that's been posted online ๐Ÿ˜…

I'm gonna skip it we had far too much info in my opinion I want to go in as blind as possible now.

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

Vortexeo

@Tremblucay haha yeah, it probably won't happen but I do miss the skells from XCX ๐Ÿ˜…

@iLikeUrAttitude Yeah that's also fair. This next month of waiting is going to be tough ๐Ÿ˜‚

I was rewatching the Xenoblade 2 directs from 2017 so I can gauge what to expect. I just noticed that they actually announced pre-orders for Torna at the end of the direct. I wonder if they'll end up doing something like that again.

Tyranexx

I won't be able to watch it live and will have to catch up on the news after the fact. At least this allows me to cherry pick any info in a potential bid to avoid plot spoilers. I'm fine with mechanics and brief character profiles however.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Mioaionios

Absolutely loved the Direct!
They showed so much gameplay and didn't show any meaningful spoilers.

Luxin is going to have a field day with this one.

Mioaionios

Vortexeo

Oh my God, I'm so happy with what they've shown! This looks like a huge improvement over the previous games. I need this game in my hands right now ๐Ÿ˜‚

BruceCM
For anyone else that missed it live .... I had things to do, so I'm just watching it now!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

iLikeUrAttitude

I'ma be inactive from this channel until release. I don't know how much was shown or how spoiler heavy it was it was but I'm not taking any risks as I want to go in blind.

See y'all.

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

Budda

@iLikeUrAttitude
I think they did a really good job to give us an idea what the story is about, but not really at the same time. To me spoiler free.
They even blurred out something so we can't see what it is. Trying not to say too much.

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

NintendoByNature

Wasn't going to watch the direct but I caved and wow, it looks much better than I'd ever hoped it would be. I'm somewhat excited for three hopes, but im beyond ecstatic for XC3!

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic