Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Posts 461 to 480 of 1,860

meleehunter

@TheJGG Ethel is 1) hot, 2) badass, and 3) being heavily hyped up by the developers. When you couple that with the game's main premise being certain pairs of characters from two different nations being able to merge together and give her an arch-rival/nemesis in Cammuravi... yeah that has all the makings of either a spectactular redemption arc for both or the biggest and most tragic waste of life ever seen.

Some info from Monolith's Twitter also implies the additional party members may actually become permanent additions. At the moment the Nopon pair Riku & Manana seems to be the only safe bet of that being true, but it has increased the fan's hopes of those former friends seeing the light and being playable.

In the end, we're all we got.

My Nintendo: meleehunter

jedgamesguy

@meleehunter Hot and badass? Sounds like my proverbial glass of coffee! Cool observations there, that’s a very interesting point. Seems the main theme of the game is duality, makes sense considering the game connects worlds and characters from different games. 1’s theme was revenge, X’s theme was survival, and 2’s was… I dunno, ascension? Themes everywhere!

Monolith have made huge gains in the engineering department though. Now they’re able to improve the graphics, and add seven to eight party members on screen. Saying “I can’t wait” is repetitive but… I’m excited…

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

meleehunter

@TheJGG 2 I would say is acceptance (of yourself and the world/people around) and understanding. You've got all these people who aren't really happy with their life choices or paths and those who think the world just sucks and try to exploit the bad parts or just nuke it all in frustration, but everyone can make a good difference if they're willing to try and listen.

The premise of this game worried me at first, making me think it would try to make you feel bad at every turn like SMT, but now that I know it's more akin to Fire Emblem Revelations I feel more optimistic.

In the end, we're all we got.

My Nintendo: meleehunter

iLikeUrAttitude

I'm glad the trailer is just a small preview of the world instead of another story heavy trailer like last time.
I'm avoiding the Japanese twitter and other coverage of the story and character details now.
There is too much info for this game imo, I just want to play it now.

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

SnackPop

The "Pre-Purchase" option is greyed for the Special Edition. Is it sold out already? Or is Nintendo's site just getting massacred by all the bots trying to buy up all the stock?

Retro gaming is too damn expensive.

iLikeUrAttitude

@SnackPop I can guarantee you it's because everyone is camping the site for the special edition making it act up. There should still be stock left.

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

Matt_Barber

I managed to get my order in without too much fuss, which makes a change for Australia.

There's just another seven weeks of thumb twiddling to go now.

Matt_Barber

Bankaj

Hi all,
This question might have been raised before, but I am honestly to lazy to scroll back through 24 pages, apologies =3

As a long Nintendo-fanboy, owning all consoles and mostly playing RPG's, I regret to admit that I have never touched a Xenoblade game in my life. Perhaps now the time has come, but where do I start? Is it necessary to pick up the Definitive Edition of Xenoblade on Switch first, or would I be able to jump in immediately in XC3 and enjoy the latest and best of the franchise?

Bankaj

TommyTendo

@Bankaj
I would say you can play Xenoblade 1 or 2 in any order you want, but XC3 sort of combines the stories of those games, so you would get more out of XC3 if you play the previous games.

Magician

Phew! Well the situation with the special edition preorder was a ****show. The webpage buckled under the traffic. I don't believe anyone successfully completed an order.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Vortexeo

@Bankaj Many people recommend definitive edition first as that one is best for newcomers. I started with XC2 first, but I think XC1 is the best starting point.

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

SwitchForce

Magician wrote:

Phew! Well the situation with the special edition preorder was a ****show. The webpage buckled under the traffic. I don't believe anyone successfully completed an order.

Some real buyers said they got theirs but what I want is complete cancellations of world wide orders until they fixed the USA issues and then allow buyers verified by botchallenge to make preorders.

SwitchForce

Matt_Barber

@SwitchForce They've already confirmed that you'll get a second chance at a later date, so I don't think there's cause for anything quite so drastic.

Each region typically gets their own allocation too, so continuing sales in Japan and elsewhere aren't likely to mean any less copies for North America. They presumably just need to upgrade their anti-botting measures prior to putting sales back up, that's all.

Matt_Barber

SwitchForce

second chance that BS...NO cancellation will stop Scalpers Dead. Your making poor excuses for them. Upgrade if that was so why mr. Nintendo IT did others Nintendo World online orders have no issue. Please Tells us all the insider trading. NO, they fOU(*& and should give those that had cart order redo no exceptions or later date. They have 3+ month and they didn't know? Stop Excusing for them.

SwitchForce

defhed

@Bankaj

well dude.. if you truly love RPG's, you should swerve the hype because this is going to be the greatest JRPG release of all time and because this is combining the worlds from Xenoblade Chronicles 1 & 2, the ultimate satisfaction is coming to those that have played both games.

So here are your options, because these are huge games. (XC1 took me like 150 hours, XC2 I had over 200, + they both have expansions) As mentioned, you could play XC1 & 2 in either order.

1. Prepare yourself to get on this hype train for XC3 release and buckle down hard and play through ONE of the first two games before XC3 releases. With just under 2 months left you will never complete both games, but if you have enough time to commit, you can finish 1 game and watch a youtube of all the cutscenes of the other. (I would recommend playing XC2 and watching the cutscenes from XC1)

or

2. Chill out, take your time and play the games in order and avoid burnout (these games will burn you out if you try to play all 3 lol).. ignore the hype and maybe set your own personal "release" date for XC3 later this year, like Christmas or something.

Whatever you decide to do, all I can recommend is to play Xenoblade. And to play Xenoblade.

defhed

Ralizah

@Bankaj The game director has already said the title will be fully enjoyable to newcomers, but it's also inevitable that you'll miss out on some references and possibly appreciate certain scenes that call back to elements from the first two games less than a series vet. So it's really up to you. If you're really digging the way the third game looks, then just pick it up and run with it. But if you're not on-board that early hype train for the new entry, the Definitive Edition of the first game is probably a better place to start.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

WaterKirby_64

#NoahForSmash

WaterKirby_64

Switch Friend Code: SW-2284-8729-3596 | My Nintendo: WK1964

Tyranexx

My RL situation took precedence over the last couple of days, so my irritation about the pre-order fiasco was put on the backburner. I'm sure anyone reading the comment sections under the related articles picked up on how incensed I was. I'm normally very patient when it comes to this sort of thing, but getting screwed over by the My Nintendo Store all day...uuuuugggggghhhhh. What should've taken only a few minutes turned into several hours of page refreshing.

While I'm glad there's another chance coming, I REALLY hope better measures are put in place this time. It makes very little sense to me why Japan and Australia's pre-orders went off without a hitch, and yet NA gets the finger.

@SwitchForce Some people actually managed to get an order in? How? Every thread out on the WWW that I've found is composed of people who had issue after issue.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic