Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Posts 441 to 460 of 1,867

BruceCM

OK, hope you enjoy that, @link3710 .... I certainly didn't spend any longer grinding blades than I had to & can't remember exactly how many I got but there must have been quite a few I didn't

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

iLikeUrAttitude

@BruceCM @link3710 I know for some of the rare blades are... questionable but you should at least be aware that there a multitude to ways to significantly increase the chances?
Increasing your luck to the maximum is the best way to get them.

Accessories alone will get your luck to 700+ iirc. And combine them with blades with luck affinities and you can easily reach max luck. Also core chips have special properties of increasing your luck by a flat 50 amount.

Magnet Chip - +50 luck for mega lance and knuckle claws. Acquired from Judicial Kollin
Urelite Chip - +50 luck for twin rings, dual scythe, and great axe. Acquired from Spring-Shower Elliot and more
Amethyst chip - +50 luck for bitball. Dropped by enemies from the kingdom of Uraya try Implacable Dylan.

Doing this and farming for legendary cores got me all the blades really fast.

Edited on by iLikeUrAttitude

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

Matt_Barber

While luck has an effect on rare blade pulls it's not a particularly huge one. The absolute best luck multiplier you can get is 1.36x while the worst would be 1x.

I suppose every little helps, so increase it as much as you can without excessive farming, but there are far more significant effects from the idea cloud (up to 1.75x) and the type of crystal, with legendary ones (3x) being far and away the best. There's a guide here:

https://nintendoeverything.com/fans-datamine-xenoblade-chroni...

Basically, farm 100 legendary crystals from someone like Cloud Sea Ken. Get the appropriate idea level to 15, get luck as high as you can be bothered with, and repeat until boredom sets in. After a couple of hours you should have all the rare blades unless your luck (in the real world not the in game stat) is particularly bad.

Oh, and think of those who did this before the patch that let you skip the animations.

Matt_Barber

BruceCM

Eh, I'm not going to be playing that game again, @iLikeUrAttitude .... Better to wait for 3 & enjoy that

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

defhed

Removed - flaming/arguing

defhed

jedgamesguy

Reported. Let's get back on track...

Right, how does everyone like the music direction the game has? It's like the best of both worlds of 1 and 2, with the jazzy feel (for the battle theme at least) with an intimate instrumentalisation.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

link3710

@iLikeUrAttitude Thanks! But I'm aware of all that. With as much luck as I could get, I farmed... I think it was around 400 legendary cores near the end of the game. I did get 2 of the 5 I was missing during that. But at that point, it became clear I'd need probably another 600-800 legendary cores, and I was out.

I wanna do the NG+ run mainly to refresh myself on the story and characters before I play Torna, but if I get the missing rare blades during it, all the better. I'm definitely not doing all side quests again, so I don't think it should be that long of a run.

link3710

Solaine

@TheJGG I love it, but so far there is only one complete track and snippets here and there on the battle theme (absolutely awesome btw), so its really hard to say. There are more flute tracks to be expected in the game and the soundtrack is gonna be a lot closer to XC2 and future connected with the same composers and all.
I have high expectations here and it seems they are gonna be fulfilled!

"on a scale of 1 to 10, she's an 11, and she'd give herself a 12" ~The Burst, Furi

Matt_Barber

link3710 wrote:

@iLikeUrAttitude Thanks! But I'm aware of all that. With as much luck as I could get, I farmed... I think it was around 400 legendary cores near the end of the game. I did get 2 of the 5 I was missing during that. But at that point, it became clear I'd need probably another 600-800 legendary cores, and I was out.

I wanna do the NG+ run mainly to refresh myself on the story and characters before I play Torna, but if I get the missing rare blades during it, all the better. I'm definitely not doing all side quests again, so I don't think it should be that long of a run.

There are some rare blades you can only get during an NG+. These don't have great pull rates so make sure you stock up on legendary crystals before you start as you'd otherwise have to wait until you're back at the end game for optimal grinding.

It should be much quicker than your first run since most of the progress carries over. You get to keep the rewards from completed quests though, so there's no need to repeat any outside the main story. Just make sure to complete any you've got open, as they'll have their progress reset. That's especially true for Ursula; you don't want to have to restart hers from scratch.

Matt_Barber

link3710

@Matt_Barber Ugh, yeah, Ursula probably
accounts for like, 50 hours of playtime by herself iirc. I didn't pull her until endgame grinding so...

But thanks for the advice, I'll grind some more legendary crystals before starting the ng+.

link3710

iLikeUrAttitude

TheJGG wrote:

Reported. Let's get back on track...

Right, how does everyone like the music direction the game has? It's like the best of both worlds of 1 and 2, with the jazzy feel (for the battle theme at least) with an intimate instrumentalisation.

I can't say much since I been doing everything I can't to avoid most of the music. I want to save it for when I actually get the game.
But from the few seconds I did hear I think it was pretty good. And reception for the OST from what I seen has been overwhelming positive.

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

defhed

There's no E3 this year but all the same presentations are being set up but we still haven't heard from nintendo. I want to avoid as much as I can except I want a nintendo treehouse presentation about XC3 and I want to watch it about everyday until the game comes out like I did with XC2.

defhed

jedgamesguy

Solaine wrote:

@TheJGG I love it, but so far there is only one complete track and snippets here and there on the battle theme (absolutely awesome btw), so its really hard to say. There are more flute tracks to be expected in the game and the soundtrack is gonna be a lot closer to XC2 and future connected with the same composers and all.
I have high expectations here and it seems they are gonna be fulfilled!

Come to think of it, Future Connected had an emphasis on flutes, musically. So to have them take centre stage possibly as a story device isn’t the most surprising thing when you consider it. In a way Melia being in the game already tells us Takahashi wasn’t lying when he said the name “Future Connected” had a dual meaning. It bridges the original games and the future of the series. Genius!

iLikeUrAttitude wrote:

I can't say much since I been doing everything I can't to avoid most of the music. I want to save it for when I actually get the game.
But from the few seconds I did hear I think it was pretty good. And reception for the OST from what I seen has been overwhelming positive.

I don’t think much if any music has been released from the game. You do have a version of what I imagine to be the main theme, which originally played in the reveal trailer, but nothing else. Some crazy intrepid individual stitched together about half a minute of footage to recreate the battle theme though. The lengths some people go!

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Solaine

@TheJGG Well Future Connected had two flute tracks, i think, so i am not really sure if that is enough to warrant as connection. Torna also had at least one that stuck to my mind. Maybe you are right though, that 35 second clip really sounds like torna battle theme with flute on top of it though. I wonder if all the soundtrack will try and fusion some of the tracks together. Also, we got like 2 seconds of, possibly the overworld desert like area, and that one seems to be a lot calmer than say mor adain theme.
Personally, i just cannot wait for the game!

Also: Luxin does even more crazy stuff when it comes to the Xeno series, like hour long analysis videos of the trailer

"on a scale of 1 to 10, she's an 11, and she'd give herself a 12" ~The Burst, Furi

WaterKirby_64

I know it's still early, but are there any characters from Xenoblade Chronicles 3, that interests you?

WaterKirby_64

Switch Friend Code: SW-2284-8729-3596 | My Nintendo: WK1964

jedgamesguy

@Solaine Apparently one of the battle songs had elements from Engage the Enemy! I listened to it a few weeks ago and it's true, they incorporated that song. It really emphasises the connection between 1 and 2. This game... man I can't wait too.

@WaterKirby1964 That's a good question. Most of the main cast really do interest me... I like Noah and Mio's dynamic, all of them really. I'm not too sure what the fuss around Ethel's all about but... we'll see.

Cammuravi? We've heard enough of him! But no, all the main party leads interest me. What about you?

Edited on by jedgamesguy

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

WaterKirby_64

@TheJGG Lanz and Eunie interests me the most

WaterKirby_64

Switch Friend Code: SW-2284-8729-3596 | My Nintendo: WK1964

TommyTendo

I want to know more about this game's Vandham
He looks similair, but not identical to the one in XC2.

defhed

@WaterKirby1964 I am very intrigued by all of the characters. The character designs in XC3 I feel are exceptionally tasteful and I can't wait to discover their back stories and how they are going to tie the world's from XC1 and XC2 together.

However, I am most excited for the Nopon. I think Riki was awesome and Tora sucked and the new Nopon look great so I can't wait for them to not let me down.

Edited on by defhed

defhed

defhed

Also, the npc I am looking forward to discovering the most is Bana

defhed

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic