Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 501 to 520 of 3,602

kkslider5552000

Dezzy wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Xenoblade 2 is at least SUPPOSED to not have significant connections to the other games so it should be fine.

When have they said that? It's been lightly implied by the complete lack of mention of anything but I don't recall them actually saying anything.

Looking at what they said, I guess that's true. But I think the implication makes it pretty likely that it's not a direct sequel to 1.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Dezzy

@kkslider5552000

You have to wonder what they're doing with the titles though if it's not a sequel. 1->X->2 is not a natural progression.
If it was entirely unrelated, I feel they would've gone for some other random subtitle.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

jtmnm

ARGH! You barely beat me to it. I'm a huge fan of this design. Wow!

jtmnm

Switch Friend Code: SW-4706-4065-3902 | Twitter:

SLIGEACH_EIRE

@JTMnM @Knighty_IX I will beat you both next time, I was too tired to post this last night.

Her name is indeed Musubi and a Google Translate says: "Today's rare blade is "Musubi". It's a goddess Blade of anything godly. The design is Ken Azumiya. Mr. Miki Takahashi is also a voice."

Edited on by SLIGEACH_EIRE

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

JaxonH

She looks like a mature, grown woman and sounds like a 10 year old lol... ohhhh and people refuse to play games unless they have JP voice acting lol

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Dezzy

Man this game better have a good story to compensate for the uniquely silly character designs.

SMEXIZELDAMAN

Any word on costume changing yet? Or do the blades have to maintain their look?

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

jtmnm

When I made the post, I hadn't seen the video showcasing the voice. Hoping the dub does a better job of conveying the character. I was expecting strong, and I got 12-year-old girl.

@SMEXIZELDAMAN Not to my knowledge, and I've been following this game somewhat closely. If anyone has anything on this, I'd also like to know. Maybe it'll be addressed on Monday during the direct.

jtmnm

EvilLucario

The Direct is actually Tuesday. They messed up the date.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

jtmnm

Once again, you beat me. I don't know what timezone you're in, but I apparently need to up my late-night tweeting. Weird design, presumably OP.

jtmnm

JasmineDragon

@DiscoGentleman Yah, I agree. I don't honestly mind the fanservice as much as it might seem from some of my comments, but variety is nice.

(Don't hate me, but I do like the Electric girl. She looks like a spitfire.)

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

SMEXIZELDAMAN

Eff the fanservice! Buncha young girls in skimpy clothing, this ain't why I play RPGs >:[

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

Grumblevolcano

@MegaTen @Knighty_IX Judging by other Switch games, it'll probably be free DLC to avoid having to move up to the next Switch cart size.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jtmnm

Not the best shot, but it looks like Ridley Scott designed that Blade.

jtmnm

jtmnm

@DiscoGentleman Thank you. Anyway, seems Alien may have inspired it. Can't wait until we see that Blade in action.

jtmnm

Dezzy

I like how you could instantly tell which characters Nomura designed based purely on which had the silliest haircuts.

jtmnm

Okay, that Blade is awesome.

jtmnm

jtmnm

@Knighty_IX I can dig the goth/steampunk thing they're going for. I wonder if the Dark element will be substituting ether. Maybe it's just an addition. That aside, I think I already found my Blade loadout: Musubi, Mei, and Pyra.

jtmnm

Ralizah

Good god! Lolis, monster girls, goths, tons of breast windows, enormous eyes: Xenoblade has gone full anime and I love it! It looks like what would happen if one of those PS Vita dungeon crawlers had access to an enormous budget. Never cared much for the ugly, more realistic character designs in the other Xenoblade games.

I was planning on ignoring the game and focusing on XCX, but I'm VERY tempted to nab Xenoblade 2 at this point!

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic