Forums

Topic: WWE 2K18 (Switch)

Posts 141 to 155 of 155

jump

Is the online multiplayer regioned locked? I've never been able to get a match going.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Kuhang

There was a new patch out today i guess. Can anyone conform if this update gets performance upgrade of any sorts?

Kuhang

Nintendo Network ID: Kuhang

jump

Kuhang wrote:

There was a new patch out today i guess. Can anyone conform if this update gets performance upgrade of any sorts?

Yeah, a few of the entrances have gotten alot better but I haven't tried the multi-man matches which will be the real test tho.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

DTMOF84

Is this worth picking up on sale from eshop?

🇺🇸
☕️
🤘🏻

jump

DTMOF84 wrote:

Is this worth picking up on sale from eshop?

Do you like wrestling/WWE and can forgive a few preformance issues then sure. Career mode sucks but the create a wrestler and roster size makes up for it and has give me 70+ hours of playtime.

Keep in mind it's a yearly title tho and it might be better to skip this one in favour of the next where they can getting the engine intune with the switch.

Nicolai wrote:

Kuhang

@jump Thanks for the update 😊. I'm really on the fence with this one since the beginning and I so wanna give wrestling game a chance in my gaming life again since it was a big part of my gaming up until the end of teen which now that Part's been occupied by FIFA. I'd really like to give this a go and anytime they fix this I'll buy it that instance. So i keep an eye everytime they update the game. Also watching the gameplay i think it's more than just few performance issues, it has major slowdowns, 1 on 1 matches are the most stable it seems which itself looked pretty bad from the gameplay.

Edited on by Kuhang

Kuhang

Nintendo Network ID: Kuhang

leerafuse

How was the recent update on this game? Was much fixed? Still looking to pick up (if its been fixed, for the most part), love a good wrestling game, just don't wanna buy a dud.

Here's to the collection: July 3, 2021
NSW 820
XBONE 693
XBOX 405
N64 COMPLETE
X360 201
NES 148
3DS 47
DS 29
AMIIBO 160

GuruOfGreatness

I've had this on the Switch since it launched back in December, but haven't really found time to play it properly due to it being nearly impossible to play at launch, but also because my attention has been focused on playing DOOM, Fifa 18 and Super Mario Odyssey until a patch for the game came out (I wasn't really in a hurry as it's not like I didn't have anything to play).

I finally played it again yesterday in handheld mode, and it has improved a bit with the update.

Then last night I got the rare chance to play on the big TV when my children were in bed and my wife was at a meeting.

So I played it docked with the Pro Controller, and I must admit, I was gobsmacked; I mean, this is a game that is still glitchy/buggy on the most powerful consoles out there, but there I was, playing on a 42 inch, 7 year old TV (not some jazzy 4K one or anything), and it looked and played remarkably well.

I had two matches with Eric Young vs Bobby Roode in the NXT arena (I have heard that the smaller the arena/detail, the better the game runs/looks), and it just looked.........amazing I guess for all the problems it's supposed to have. And it ran smooth and crisp.

I then re-enacted Roman Reigns vs The Undertaker from WrestleMania 33 last year (twice again), and again, though not QUITE AS sharp or crisp, it was still playable and acceptable.

Having said all this, these were still just normal one vs one matches as I haven't dared do anything with two tag teams or a Royal Rumble or anything yet, though I think I will give it a go soon seeing as how impressed I was last night. I'm not expecting miracles though.

So, although the latest patch seems to have improved things, it still seems that there is a way to go before it's running as it should and/or could, but if you mainly play docked, I'd say that you could plonk down £25.00 for this and enjoy it.

The only issue I had last night as to which I hope someone can help me with, is that even though I had rumble on during the games on my Pro Controller, there was no rumble whatsoever, yet there is with the Joy Cons?

I tested it out on a couple of other games and it's fine, so why won't it work on WWE 2K18? Does the game not support it?

GuruOfGreatness

SwitchedOn_Games

Yea I dug it out again yesterday. Spent a couple of hours setting up my Universe to be up to date and then embarked on a game.

Handheld... have to say this game is a write off. Menus are so noticeably laggy (compared to docked) and the game runs choppy really, even 1 v 1.

So docked it and its always run... ok... docked. Obviously not as sharp/HD/smooth as my PS4pro, but its unrealistic to expect that, so I was ok with it.

Second universe match was Revival vs Club and it was pretty much unplayable with reversals and stuff. Was running I'd guess tops 20fps, but mostly lower.

Sold it today.

SwitchedOn_Games

SuperJoon

Has their been any improvements/updates to this game? Want to try it but not in the state it was in, I saw an elimination chamber match and it looked like it was performing terribly!

PSN: SuperJoon84 | Xbox GT: SuperJoon

Nintendo Network ID: Superjoon | Twitter:

jump

SuperJoon wrote:

Has their been any improvements/updates to this game? Want to try it but not in the state it was in, I saw an elimination chamber match and it looked like it was performing terribly!

It's had a couple but it's still not upto snuff. I've had about 80 hours worth of time from it so it's not unplayable, especially with one on one and the entrances turned off.

It seems to be across all versions of the game so it's a problem with the engine, hopefully they will ditch it for the 19 version. As the game was so shakey it did prevent me from buying the DLC which is a shame as I really wanted to play as Ruby Riot, Hardy's and Rey.

Nicolai wrote:

Lethal

Just like I said on page 6. Game is still trash and nobody should waste their money on it. 35 on Metacritic for a reason.

Switch Friend Code - SW-1147-4867-6886

jump

This is annoying, they have cancelled the online part of the game now. I was still downloading CAWs every few weeks.

Nicolai wrote:

spider-manatee

It appears WWE 2K18 has been delisted from the Nintendo Switch eShop. The game is neither listed on the North American eShop, and the Nintendo of America page is no longer available. Also, digital code purchases for the game and DLC are no longer available via Amazon.

spider-manatee

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic