Forums

Topic: WWE 2K18 (Switch)

Posts 121 to 140 of 155

kobashi100

GuruOfGreatness wrote:

Quite frankly, World Tour, Revenge, WrestleMania 2000 and No Mercy are untouchable IMO in terms of wrestling games. Nothing will ever come close and pose a real threat to title of best wrestling game (I do realise that a lot of people regard Here Comes The Pain as the best or at least on par with the others though)

To me, the closest any wrestling game has got is the sadly forgotten Day Of Reckoning 1 and 2 on the GameCube.

But as good as they were, if you wanted the premium wrestling games, you needed an N64

Fire pro, virtual pro-wrestling II and king of coliseum II say hello.

All three are better Pro-Wrestling games than evey title you mentioned.

Edited on by kobashi100

kobashi100

Rafx

Anyone know if there has been word on a patch being worked on?

Edited on by Rafx

3DS FC: 3755-0786-2046

GuruOfGreatness

@kobashi100

"Fire pro, virtual pro-wrestling II and king of coliseum II say hello.
All three are better Pro-Wrestling games than evey title you mentioned"

Well it's just as well I used the term "IMO" and "to me" isn't it, as I was not aware that you had hard, factual knowledge, proof and guarantee that the games you mentioned are absolutely, positively, definitely, 100% better than the games I mentioned.

I was always led to believe that I could enjoy something that someone else didn't, and vice versa.

Forgive me if that is a mistaken thought though.

GuruOfGreatness

Lalivero

I find it amusing how I've watched my brother and cousins play this on PS4, with -crazy- lagging at times(typically in something like a backstage brawl where it goes split screen if you move to a different room before your opponent catches up) and they are totally oblivious to the issues.

...formerly - Chriiis

Switch FC: SW-6037-8910-2517

Switch Friend Code: SW-6037-8910-2517

jump

I'm really disappointed with the creator community, I thought there would be loads more caws by now. The person who did AJ Lee did such a fantastic job tho.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Kuhang

There's been an update to the game any improvements guys?

Kuhang

Nintendo Network ID: Kuhang

SwitchedOn_Games

@Kuhang Apparently its a small patch that hasnt really improved anything by all accounts (some people saying performance is now worse, but I'm guessing thats a placebo).

The patch is probably for stability and/or getting ready for a bigger patch.

SwitchedOn_Games

jump

GuruOfGreatness wrote:

Quite frankly, World Tour, Revenge, WrestleMania 2000 and No Mercy are untouchable IMO in terms of wrestling games. Nothing will ever come close and pose a real threat to title of best wrestling game (I do realise that a lot of people regard Here Comes The Pain as the best or at least on par with the others though)

To me, the closest any wrestling game has got is the sadly forgotten Day Of Reckoning 1 and 2 on the GameCube.

But as good as they were, if you wanted the premium wrestling games, you needed an N64

The funny thing is No Mercy was glitchy too, you were constantly having you're save data being deleted so I had to re-earn the same superstars over and over again.

@pbb76 I've noticed a slight improvement in elimination chamber matches and the entrance slow down only seems to be effecting tag teams now with the patch.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

SwitchedOn_Games

jump wrote:

@pbb76 I've noticed a slight improvement in elimination chamber matches and the entrance slow down only seems to be effecting tag teams now with the patch.

....interesting! I'll try it out in a mo during my lunch break. Balor's is a good entrance to test I suppose, that was one of the worst offenders.

SwitchedOn_Games

jump

pbb76 wrote:

jump wrote:

....interesting! I'll try it out in a mo during my lunch break. Balor's is a good entrance to test I suppose, that was one of the worst offenders.

I've just gave normal Balor a test and yeah, his is a mess still. Its odd as Bray Wyatt, Cesaro and Eddie Guerrero have been fine for me now with just the tags being a pain.

Nicolai wrote:

SwitchedOn_Games

jump wrote:

pbb76 wrote:

jump wrote:

I've just gave normal Balor a test and yeah, his is a mess still. Its odd as Bray Wyatt, Cesaro and Eddie Guerrero have been fine for me now with just the tags being a pain.

I put 'Vanilla' Balor on and it was awful - probably worse than before (I'm assuming arenas affect this heavily though). Was so bad, my Switch froze (docked) - never had that before.

Restarted and ran Balor again (different arena) and there was legitimately 60 seconds between the bit where his music syncs with him throwing his arms up and him actually doing it. Just terrible!!

In ring, wasnt too bad tho, but no improvement.

SwitchedOn_Games

jump

TBH I think the worst crime is Shawn Michaels' DX entrance has no music to it. I can't even add it to the jukebox.

Nicolai wrote:

DB-S_RE

I can't open my wwe 2k18 after installed the patch. An error message appear during do not try this at home screen. Anyone experience the same thing? What should I do to solve this error? I tried to redownload the game but still not working

One thing I noticed, the file sizes seems went down to 21GB

DB-S_RE

OorWullie

Maybe the patch is to prevent you from having to suffer playing it. The fact it happened at the "do not try this at home" screen suggests so.

Sorry, couldn't resist. Hope you get it sorted. 2k should be ashamed of themselves.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

DB-S_RE

@OorWullie I also tried to restart the console. Can't help either. Now I tried to redownload it by using my other micro sd. Let's see the outcome

DB-S_RE

jump

I bloody hate table matches, they are far too fidgety.

Nicolai wrote:

Qwertyninty

Waiting for the download to complete. Just bought the game from target today. Pretty excited to play it even in its current state.

Qwertyninty

Qwertyninty

@DB-S_RE seems like this could be a bad micro sd card. What kind do you have and where did you get it from?

Qwertyninty

Qwertyninty

So the single player one on one is the kind of performance you wish all the game modes had. Still rough around the edges. With that being said there is no other wrestling game on switch. Hope they have a meaningful patch coming soon. Looking forward to putting more time in with the game and nailing down the gameplay mechanics.

Qwertyninty

DB-S_RE

@Qwertyninty , I'm using Sandisk micro SDXC UHS-I Card (200 GB). Other software (like xenoverse 2, RE Rev 1&2, NBA 2k18, LA. Noire) all run just fine with no problem at all. I tried to redownload wwe 2k18 with my other micro sd (same brand) and it work. After that I swap back to my 200gb card and redownload it again, it also worked. But twice only before it crashed again

DB-S_RE

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic