Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 63,781 to 63,800 of 64,715

Ralizah

@JaxonH It's interesting how the PC community seems to have snubbed Rise in comparison to World, which is what has kept Rise from hitting the same overall numbers as World, IMO.

Still, 10 million units is STELLAR for a game that has missed out on two of the three major console ecosystems. Capcom can obviously see where the majority of sales are going, so, yeah, I'm sure they're doubling down on plans for future MH games on Switch.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

JaxonH

@Ralizah
Ya, PC gamers are more open than PS/Xbox, but they're still generally the same for the most part. They prioritize gRaPhIcS above all else.

That said, there are a number of other factors. For one, World enjoyed a one time hype boost from the series finally being modernized after years of hearing about it from 3DS, Wii and Wii U. That and PS gamers feeling like they were "taking it back from Nintendo" gave them special incentive to support the game.

There was also a good number of disenfranchised Destiny 2 players who hopped on the bandwagon for their online co-op. That was just right place right time.

Then there was the marketing. Rise got a heavy push, for sure, but World got a bigger push. Running full 30 second forced ads all over YouTube. It was nuts. They also did much bigger collaborations such as The Witcher, Final Fantasy and Assassin's Creed.

And the game was sold on 3 platforms vs just 2 platforms. And a number of them were PC purchases double dipping, from ppl who didn't know it was coming to PC until after they bought it. Whereas Rise had its PC version announced before launch.

And lastly, a number of new players who jumped into World discovered it wasn't for them, and didn't buy Rise. I had several coworkers who I convinced to buy World, who gave up on it after a few hours. There was no convincing them to try Rise.

I think all the above contributed. That being said, 10 million for the base game in 1 yr is pretty dang good. And Sunbreak sales will continue to grow and push the base game. Especially once it hits $14.99 tier pricing like World has had for years. Even if Rise achieves half the numbers World did though, for base game and expansion, I think that's still exceptional performance given the factors involved.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
NS: Xenoblade Chronicles 3, Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak, Portal 1/2
STEAM/DECK: Monster Hunter World
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

skywake

JaxonH wrote:

@Giancarlothomaz
a Switch Pro Switch Lite OLED anouncement could be iminent

Fixed that for ya.

a Switch Pro Switch Lite OLED set of new Switch Colours anouncement could be iminent
even more fixed

Edited on by skywake

Some Aussie musics: King Gizz, TFS, Genesis Owusu
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Kermit1

@skywake like this?
Untitled

Currently playing: Xenoblade Chronicles 3

DA-2802-3315-4367

#TeamSlime

JaxonH

skywake wrote:

JaxonH wrote:

@Giancarlothomaz
a Switch Pro Switch Lite OLED anouncement could be iminent

Fixed that for ya.

a Switch Pro Switch Lite OLED set of new Switch Colours anouncement could be iminent
even more fixed

a Switch Pro Switch Lite OLED set of new Switch Colours nothingburger anouncement could be iminent

Final upgrade fix

Untitled

PLAYING
NS: Xenoblade Chronicles 3, Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak, Portal 1/2
STEAM/DECK: Monster Hunter World
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

Buizel

Ah yes, the Switch pro reveal that's been imminent for maybe 2 years now (minus the brief period after the Switch OLED was revealed).

At least 2'8".

BruceCM

Yeah, it's still coming, honestly, @Buizel .... My uncle's ex-wife's cousin's friend who knows a cleaner at Nintendo HQ said so, lol

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Ralizah

Well, there you go. The new Switch hardware.

I'm actually not unhappy about it. It's a very attractive-looking unit, and I've been wanting an OLED anyway. Although grabbing it would mean forgoing some other purchases I've been eyeing. We'll see.

FragRed

@Ralizah Can’t wait for tomorrow when the rumours start back up.

ENGAGE VG: www.engagevg.com

Magician

Hopefully that Splatoon 3 Switch OLED shuts down the "Pro" discussions for another six months.

Switch Physical Collection - 981 games (as of August 13th, 2022)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Anti-Matter

I don't really have interest to invest in Switch Pro rumour.
If the games have been designed 30 FPS for Switch but 60 FPS for PS4 / PS5, I will pick the PlayStation version.
I'm not sure if the more horse power from Switch Pro can upgrade the FPS from 30 FPS to 60 FPS.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Buizel

@Ralizah it's gorgeous...kinda wish I had the money to throw at a new Switch OLED.

But yep, here's our "Switch Pro" for now

At least 2'8".

Grumblevolcano

Switch Pro rumours will probably start back up again soon about a week or so after the Splatoon 3 Switch launches

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jump

Are the same people who talked with certainty that there is a Switch Pro a year ago are now making fun of the rumours of a Switch Pro? Surely the lesson to have learnt from that is to not go all in on saying something is definite unless you do know.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

skywake

Well, I wasn't far off in the end

skywake

jump wrote:

Are the same people who talked with certainty that there is a Switch Pro a year ago are now making fun of the rumours of a Switch Pro? Surely the lesson to have learnt from that is to not go all in on saying something is definite unless you do know.

As someone who argued then and still thinks now new hardware is inevitable fairly soon. I also firmly believe certain "personalities" in this space are full of it. Two relatively popular YouTube channels in particular.

Posting a 30min discussion on a video going private as if it means something specific is something that should be ridiculed

Edited on by skywake

Ralizah

They were correct that a hardware reveal was imminent. They just should have known better than to speculate about it being an upgraded model.

Ryu_Niiyama

That Splatoon OLED is gorgeous but I am convinced Nintendo will put out one for BOTW2 and I am hoarding my coins until then.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Giancarlothomaz

@Grumblevolcano we already have rumors for Nintendo next gen console or Switch Pro, translation: Nintendo new hardware belong to the Switch family, will have suport to Switch current game library, combartible with the current cartdigh, could make games/expansion such as Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak run at 60fps.

Edited on by Giancarlothomaz

i like HD Rumble.

HotGoomba

I'll get a Switch OLED when OLED TVs start getting affordable.

That's not happening for a while.

The link on my profile got even worse.

Don't click on it.

Or you can, at your own risk.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic