Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 63,781 to 63,800 of 70,002

JaxonH

Wow. That direct was fire, but disappointing at the same time.

Reason I say that is, still no Metroid Prime or Zelda remasters, no F-Zero, no Batman. Meh.

BUT HOLY CRAP!!!

Pikmin 4 lives! Unbelievable! New Fire Emblem looks dope! Radiant freaking Silvergun! Kirby's Return to Dreamland! Fatal Frame 4! Tunic! Octopath Traveler 2! Tales of Symphonia! Zelda Tears of the Kingdom! Raincode! Atelier Ryza 3! Rune Factory 3! SIFU! Theatrhythm Final Fantasy! It Takes Two! Goldeneye!

It was a stellar direct. But does highlight the pitfalls of setting expectations for specific game announcements.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Anti-Matter

I prefer Tinykin than Pikmin, in term of their design.

Anti-Matter

Magician

Lots of good stuff for rpg and farm-sim fans, but Radiant Silvergun and Pikmin 4 were the highlights for me.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Ryu_Niiyama

I just needed Zelda to get a release date. Instead I got a remake of my favorite story of seasons (I swear if they add same sex marriage and let you adopt/magic baby Ima lose it.), a sequel to one of my favorite RPGs on Switch (octopath), new entries to one of my favorite genres...if they had sprinkled some fighting games in there I would have passed out. OH AND ZELDA GOT A RELEASE DATE! So I'm broke until May because you KNOW they are making a Zelda OLED.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Ralizah

In terms of new announcements, Pikmin 4, Fatal Frame 4, and the new Fire Emblem were the highlights for me.

2023 is already looking REALLY good.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

RR529

Pretty good Direct all things considered.

Looking forward to Fatal Frame, Tales of Symphonia, Return to Dreamland, & of course Zelda!

Kinda funny though, I was watching it on mute at work & I maybe took 2-3 calls throughout the entirety of the show, then the Zelda trailer started playing & I got 5 calls right on top of each other, lol.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

jedgamesguy

Mixed feelings. Some amazing stuff; new Fire Emblem, remakes and remasters, et cetera. Zelda trailer was a letdown though. Overall it felt like something was really missing.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

JaxonH

@TheJGG
Metroid Prime. That's what it was missing. Had we gotten Metroid Prime I'd rank it as the greatest direct of all time.

As it stands, I'd still put it in the 80th percentile for best Directs. Definitely way better than your average Direct.

I guess Metroid Prime, Zelda remasters, Advance Wars and Batman are 2023 titles.

Very odd to release a Zelda game in May though. I've been pretty adamant Switch is going to last a few more years. But with all the special edition OLEDs releasing, and Zelda in May, which lines up with basically 2 years after the OLED released, and Nintendo typically does revisions every 2 years, I can't help but wonder if the fabled Pro will be announced in February for a May launch alongside Zelda, and that's when we'll see the Metroid Prime remaster announced, as they'll want a good stream of games in the release window to build hype and demand.

Still doesn't leave room for the Zelda remasters. But we've seen how Nintendo likes to finish games and just hold them for a strategic release later on. Pikmin 4 has likely been done for a while. Advance Wars has been done for nearly a year. Fire Emblem Engage has been done for a year. Those Zelda remasters could launch in 2024, a year after Tears of the Kingdom.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Budda

To be honest. The Direct was more like a partner showcase quality wise. I'm quite disappointed. Could have been a Partner Showcase and a Direct Mini afterwards.

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

StarPoint

I am really, really surprised that we didn't see ANYTHING Metroid Prime related. I was genuinely expecting either a teaser for MP4 or a remaster announcement for the trilogy.

Also, where in the world was Advance Wars?? I am confused that they are still holding it at this point.

But with that said, I still think it was a really good Direct. Pikmin 4 and TOTK got me extremely hyped, along with MK8D Wave 3, Fire Emblem, Kirby, and Mario Party. There was just a lot of filler stuff that I wasn't a huge fan of.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

IceClimbers

Good Direct overall, but the lack of Metroid Prime was disappointing. Totally called Fire Emblem opening the Direct though, and it looks great.

Cannot wait for Zelda Tears of the Kingdom.

Also I wonder what's launching in March/April. I find it hard to believe they'd have a gap that big between Kirby/Octopath 2 and Zelda.

Edited on by IceClimbers

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

1UP_MARIO

@Anti-Matter have you played any Pikmin

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Anti-Matter

@1UP_MARIO
No but I was quite impressed by Tinykin since first time I saw the game.
Remember, I still PlayStation guy despite liking certain Nintendo games.

Anti-Matter

BeyondKnight

It was an ok direct, Glad Goldeneye and Tears of the Kingdom was announced, was bummed out about no ports of Prime Trilogy and TP/WW

BeyondKnight

MarioVillager92

Honestly... I'm pretty disappointed with the Direct. It felt like there was a whole lot of nothing, my main problem with it is that there are way too many RPGs and farming sims - neither of which I'm truly into. There were a few good announcements at least, I do like how Mario Party 1, 2, and 3 are coming to NSO+EP (GoldenEye's very noteworthy, too), and the few new Mario Kart 8 Deluxe courses look sweet. I'm also looking forward to Pikmin 4 and Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom. Oh, and speaking of Pikmin, I could care less about that mobile game. I don't like mobile games, Nintendo... why are you guys telling me about it?

I'm happy for those who enjoyed the Direct, but for me, it could have been so much better. Hopefully I'll like the next one more.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

1UP_MARIO

@Anti-Matter have you played any tinykin.

1UP_MARIO

@MarioLover92 I kinda felt the same way but wasn’t expecting much to be honest. Pikmin 4 made me happy

Ryu_Niiyama

Some people are never happy.

EDIT: AWL has same sex marriage..I can finally play this game as I want! Ok best day ever for me.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic