Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 63,801 to 63,820 of 69,969

Anti-Matter

@1UP_MARIO
I have tried Tinykin demo on Switch but my right JoyCons was keep drifting so I only played for a while since the camera angle control by right analog was very important to see the environment.

Anti-Matter

JaxonH

If you like Ikaruga, go buy Radiant Silvergun peeps!

It's the predecessor to Ikaruga, developed for the Sega Saturn by Treasure. It's never seen a re-release except for an Xbox360 port.

Treasure is one of the absolute best when it comes to STGs. This game has been a long lost gem. Cannot express how happy I am to finally complete the pair of Radiant Silvergun and Ikaruga on Switch.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

That was a fantastic Direct but at the same time was very odd. January/February are really packed much like September/October is with the reveal of stuff like Fire Emblem/Kirby/Octopath, Goldeneye is real, Tunic is coming to Switch, new info about MK8 Deluxe/XC3/Switch Sports/Splatoon 3, etc.

The odd part was December and March are empty, Advance Wars was missing even though it reappeared on the Nintendo sites very recently and only 2 tracks were announced for MK8 Deluxe DLC wave 3.

The timing of Fire Emblem Engage makes me think there'll be a November general Direct after Bayonetta 3 releases. With the exception of Pokemon Legends Arceus last year (TPC does their own thing so it's rather different), the first 1st party game of the year that's not a port/remaster/remake for every Switch year so far has been in March at the earliest. Ports/remasters/remakes don't need much of a promo cycle but Fire Emblem Engage will need a bigger promo cycle given it's a new game.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Kermit1doesmath

I think I need to do some negotiations with my Mom to get the expansion pass for Switch Online. I will probably not get it lol, wish me luck.

dysgraphia awareness human

Ninfan

Worst direct iv seen. Only game i liked was golden eye.

Ninfan

1UP_MARIO

@Anti-Matter cool. I’ll try out tinykin when I get the chance.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Anti-Matter

@Ninfan
Well, good games are not just shooter games only.
Other genre games are still great to try.

Anti-Matter

Ryu_Niiyama

@Kermit1 You got an email address? I just bought you a year of NSO with the Expansion pack. I am assuming you can use the US codes in Canada.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

JaxonH

@Kermit1
Join a group of 8 and split cost on a family plan. That's what I do. Can't beat $10/yr for Expansion Pack!

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

RR529

I was kinda confused when the Goldeneye trailer started up because there was a Metroid user icon on the upper left side of the screen, lol.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Ryu_Niiyama

RR529 wrote:

I was kinda confused when the Goldeneye trailer started up because there was a Metroid user icon on the upper left side of the screen, lol.

Glad I am not the only one...at first I thought it was N64 Remix...

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

JaxonH

Oh, and we're finally getting Tales of Symphonia Remastered! That's what's up.

But man... people complain Nintendo only does Mario, Zelda and Pokemon... yet ignore all the masterclass games they offer besides that- Xenoblade Chronicles 3, Splatoon 3, Fire Emblem Engage, Pikmin 4, an actual good 2D Kirby game, golf being added to Switch Sports, Bayonetta 3, even Fatal Frame 4 (which Nintendo does own enough to keep exclusive, even if they're letting KT publish).

Meanwhile others complain they only want Mario, Zelda and Pokemon. Yet are disappointed despite having a brand new Mario game in October, a brand new open world Pokémon releasing in November, and the sequel to Zelda Breath of the Wild releasing in May. When you only care about 3 franchises and all 3 of them are on Deck for release in the near future, what more could you reasonably want?

Some people will just never be happy no matter what.

Edited on by JaxonH

JaxonH

It does look good. But we said the same thing about Mario Rabbids Sparks of Hope and Splatoon 3, yet they both turned out to be Switch games. So I'm a little hesitant in declaring it "too good for Switch". As good as it looks, I imagine it will indeed be Switch footage. Even if a new pro model releases, I don't think they'd falsely show footage running on that. They'd show Switch footage and then impress later on with an even better looking version, rather than disappoint later on with a worse looking version for the system they advertised this as being for.

Edited on by JaxonH

Ralizah

All of these cool reveals, and people are butthurt about the absence of some ancient GameCube titles.

Whatever.

@Giancarlothomaz I remember marveling at the near photorealism of the environments in Pikmin 3 back in the day. I doubt the footage they were showing was unrepresentative of the game.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Kermit1doesmath

@Ryu_Niiyama I think? I don't really understand the wording in this official support doc.
https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a...

My Mom said she'd consider it and I'll have an answer by next week. We pay for GamePass Ultimate and barely use all the features mainly because most of the games are T & M and it's almost $200 yearly in Canada while the NSO Expansion is $100.

Edited on by Kermit1doesmath

dysgraphia awareness human

Ryu_Niiyama

@Kermit1 Ok so you didn't tell me an email so ima toss this code up here and then delete/edit it out. I hope you have email notifications turned on. Good luck!

Edit: and removed. Hope you got it.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Ryu_Niiyama

@Kermit1 OK, Ima leave it up this time. Whomever gets it, gets it.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic