Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 63,761 to 63,780 of 65,609

Link-Hero

@HotGoomba
No, it's not. E3 became irrelevant when the internet boomed in popularity in the 2010s. You can easily reveal trailers to millions of consumers by uploading them onto Youtube.

Link-Hero

Switch Friend Code: SW-3097-0477-1999 | Nintendo Network ID: LinkHero25

HotGoomba

@Link-Hero My point is that while E3 is a mess, you have to admit, having a time where most video game news, especially Nintendo news, are all in one place rather than spread out throughout the year.

Also E3 streams have a surprise factor that dropping a trailer online doesn't, at least for me.

I'd rather suffer through the Ubisoft showcase, or (gasp) not watching it than just hoping that Nintendo shadowdrops a game or Direct in July.

Say what you want about E3, but it's gaming's time to shine. Or burn, depends on what's shown off, but that's the beauty of E3, ain't it?

The link on my profile got even worse.

Don't click on it.

Or you can, at your own risk.

link3710

@Buizel Fair enough, was just curious.

@Link-Hero @HotGoomba But no E3 means no Treehouse... my favorite part of E3. Say what you will, but one hour long treehouse video a year doesn't make up for what Treehouse used to be.

Admittedly, the old streams were definitely too long, but the current situation is worse, since I can't just pick and choose which parts to watch (and not watch when they play Mario Party for the third time).

link3710

kkslider5552000

Link-Hero wrote:

No, it's not. E3 became irrelevant when the internet boomed in popularity in the 2010s. You can easily reveal trailers to millions of consumers by uploading them onto Youtube.

1. E3 is not irrelevant, last year it was still the gaming event that got more attention than any other, based on factual information, that was posted on this site.
2. Last year's E3 was still better than the year before and still had more stuff that stood out than the year after. (and last year's E3 largely sucked, so that speaks to how dreadful a lack of E3 really is)

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Misadventures of Tron Bonne Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy TRON BONNE < Link to LP

HotGoomba

@link3710 Never watched treehouse constantly, but that's definitely another reason for E3.

Don't click on it.

HotGoomba

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Last year's E3 was still better than the year before and still had more stuff that stood out than the year after. (and last year's E3 largely sucked, so that speaks to how dreadful a lack of E3 really is)

That's really saying something, because the Take-Two, Capcom, and Gearbox showcases were dreadful (pun fully intended). I'd rather have those than no E3 at all though.

At least we had Verizon.

Edited on by HotGoomba

Don't click on it.

Fizza

I've been reminiscing on the time it took me to unlock Luigi in Mario Golf 64 and with how much of an absolute wildcard he could be between hitting it constantly into both the bunker or rough or lining it up at the precise angle to get a chip-in from obscene distances, it made me start thinking of this whenever he would do something seemingly questionable because holy mother of god the CPU's in this game are cracked.
Untitled

Edited on by Fizza

Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
I will be on Splatoon brainrot for the next month, apologies in advance
Currently performing a summoning circle for a 2nd Ace Attorney Trilogy
'You're always you, no matter what you look like' - Captain 3, Splatoon 3

NeonPizza

@DarthNocturnal
Ya, advanced is the way to go and gives you enough leeway to turn in any direction with the wii remote, if you select the other option(whataver it was) you have to drag the wii remote cross hair to the corners of the screen to turn, which feels clumsy nased on what i remember. I'm trying to imagine a second analog stick being used to turn the screens rather than the wii remote(if the wii remote had an analog stick), and i just can't really see it working seemlessly with motion pointer aiming.

If anything, it would make things feel awkward being used inconjuction with the wii remote to aim. you wouldn't properly be able to use both simultaneously at once that's a given since you'd be moving the controller itself in whatever direction to aim while fiddling with a bottom right analog stick. Or maybe I'm wrong, I dont know. Anyhoo, MP3's pointer controls when set to advanced were and still are amazing. Still Unbeatable imo. Nothing that i've experienced on the Switch can touch them. Quake remaster, as i've said before has fantastic pro controller Gyro aiming, but ultimately it's just...different than how Prime 3 plays. Based on what I've played you can't turn the screen with ease or effortlessly like you can in prime 3 without your curser flailing back to the middle of screen or potentially mucking up. Maybe there's a certain setting you can tinker with to combat this, but i haven't seen it.

Even if the Switch Pro controller's Gyro had a Gyro sensor bar, you still wouldn't be able to replicate the feeling of using Samus's Arm cannon as your own arm. you'd basically be tethered to a controller with two hands... Still would control fantastic obviously when all things considered, but it wouldn't give you that same level of immersion or feeling as if your arm is an extension of Samus's, and that, right there, was and still is next level for console based motion controls. Again, MP3 needs to be expereinced on a CRT without any lag. If you played that game on an HDTV you did it wrong. even 16ms of latency makes all the difference. CRT is so crazy-response and one to one with your own movements. it's unbeatable.

and ya, the Joy-Cons plus a Gyro sensor bar could work but those things, again, aren't comfortable and have weird short stubby restrictive analog sticks and teeny tiny buttons.

Edited on by NeonPizza

"ExcuuuUUUUSE ME, Princess!"
Switch Friend Code: SW-1323-8872-2420
I demand Crystal Pepsi & Noid Domino's Pizza!

Grumblevolcano

E3's existence definitely benefits Nintendo fans the most given in the 2 years it hasn't been present, Nintendo chose not to do a summer general Direct. Sony's been doing their own thing since 2019 so E3 cancelled doesn't affect the PS side of things meanwhile Microsoft does a big summer showcase even when there's very little to actually show off regarding the future of Xbox (this year's was very disappointing for example).

The individual 3rd party ones go either way like I think Square Enix could've had a very strong showcase this year with how insane the upcoming lineup is but chose to split up the announcements meanwhile the E3 2021 showcase wasn't very good.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

So with Pokemon ScVi on the horizon, I went back to try and finally finish the DLC for SwSh. Does anyone else suffer from motion sickness trying to play this game (and nothing else)? Anytime I'm trying to go around the Isle of Armor in a storming location, the frame rate stuttering forces me to stop and wait for the weather to change.

And this is coming from someone who's replayed OoT on original hardware recently, frame rate stuttering usually doesn't bother me like this. I'm not really sure how to get past it, other than playing the game in short bursts. Hoping someone has some suggestions on tricks to make it perform better.

link3710

JaxonH

I've never gotten sick from a video game framerate before. It can be aggravating, and just makes me stop playing in frustration, but the only thing that's actually affected me physically is VR, and that isn't due to framerate, but the disconnect between what your brain sees and reality.

I'd just play something else if it's a problem. No sense wasting your time on something you're not enjoying.

PLAYING
NS: Splatoon 3, Xenoblade 3, MH Rise Sunbreak, Radiant Silvergun and dozens of other STGs
PC/SD:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

HotGoomba

I've never minded most games going below 60 fps. It's annoying when it's 15 fps or lower, but I never really got headaches from that. In fact, I'm actually perfectly fine in the majority of VR games.

Don't click on it.

NeonPizza

@HotGoomba
out of the dozens of PSVR games that i've played, only Resident Evil 7 made me feel nautious and that was only during the first 15-20 minutes, after that i grew my VR legs and havent had that feeling since.

Having to head down the Baker's basement for the first time in VR and being introduced to the Molden hands down for me was the most panic-inducing, creepiest and unsettling moment for anything VR related that I've experienced. That, and the childrens room section in the 'old house'. The feeling of Dread that basement area gave me, knowing that i had go back there before putting my VR headset on was something else.lol

There's no way you could get me to replay RE7 from start to finish again in VR. I just can't- The first half felt like a living breathing nightmare. I mean, RE7 is without a doubt, the grimiest, most disgusting, unsettling and depressingingly atmospheric RE game to date. First half was fantastic, but once you get to the ship & mines it unfortunately takes a nose dive.

Edited on by NeonPizza

"ExcuuuUUUUSE ME, Princess!"
Switch Friend Code: SW-1323-8872-2420
I demand Crystal Pepsi & Noid Domino's Pizza!

Grumblevolcano

July's NSO icons is the return of Mario Odyssey, this time starting with the Cloud Kingdom so July 19th should be when the New Donk City icons appears given the order so far.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

I just want to salute you Nintendo fans for supporting Monster Hunter Rise.

Gone are the days Nintendo fans don't buy 3rd party games (or when they do, only a select few and even then in marginal numbers). With the announcement that Monster Hunter Rise has cracked 10 million units and the Sunbreak Expansion, which released 5 days ago, has cracked 2 million we can sleep well at night knowing Monster Hunter built ground up for the hardware has a definitive future on Switch's successor. The vast majority of those sales were on Switch. At least 8 mil for the base game. Probably closer to a 50/50 split on the expansion. But that will grow.

Salute. You guys stepped up and outside of your Nintendo bubble comfort zone, and are embracing other games. The world is your oyster now. When I first got into Monster Hunter back on Wii U, it hit me like a sack of bricks. Up to that point I was convinced only Nintendo made games worth playing, for the most part. But on that day, I realized there were games far beyond anything Nintendo was making at the time. And they'd been right under my nose without even realizing it.

Here's to the future of Monster Hunter on Nintendo platforms! Nicely done!

Untitled

PLAYING
NS: Splatoon 3, Xenoblade 3, MH Rise Sunbreak, Radiant Silvergun and dozens of other STGs
PC/SD:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

Ryu_Niiyama

@JaxonH I did my part. I don’t even like monster hunter and I bought CE’s for Rise and Sunbreak and the amiibo. Somebody tell Capcom to stop holding Ultra SF IV hostage.

I swear I am realizing how huge my backlog is. Moving sucks so much.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

JaxonH

@Ryu_Niiyama
Where ya moving to?

PLAYING
PC/SD:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

JaxonH

@Giancarlothomaz
a Switch Pro Switch Lite OLED anouncement could be iminent

Fixed that for ya.

PLAYING
PC/SD:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

Ryu_Niiyama

@JaxonH Same city for now. Just bigger place so I can finally get my stuff out of storage(my life has been a rollercoaster since I moved cross country) . If I play my cards right though this will be my last rental. I will stay at this new place until I have a down payment saved or finish my second masters (just started the first) whichever comes first. But it is a two level apartment so no neighbors stomping around. And I can finally have a tv again instead of smaller computer monitors. There was a fiasco with the apartment which forced me to cancel my movers so if you hear I died it’s because I was carrying all this crap in 105 degree weather. Or I fell down some stairs carrying stuff. Take your pick lol.

But my hope is with TV access I might finally whittle down the backlog. Hope springs eternal. So much fire emblem to finish.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic