Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 63,761 to 63,780 of 69,997

Kermit1doesmath

@JaxonH I think Splatoon 3 is going to get a "For all of you people who just bought the game here's a new weapon and some special limited edition gear to celebrate a great launch!" update.

Edited on by Kermit1doesmath

dysgraphia awareness human

IceClimbers

@JaxonH Oh yeah It Takes Two I'd consider a lock. I was avoiding 3rd party port predictions for the most part but there will be a few of those.

Fatal Frame 4 is a new rumor from The Snitch, who leaked stuff like the Pac-World release and Lies of P being on Game Pass day 1, which is why I listed it. That game finally getting localized and coming to a modern system seems like the kind of random 3rd party announcement that would happen in the Direct.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Ralizah

Fatal Frame 4 finally being localized would be incredible. I've wanted to play that game forever on actual hardware.

I'm more inclined to believe that if only because it'd be a little 'out there' for a fake leak, right?

If it does make the jump, that PS2 trilogy really needs to come as well. Bring all of the mainline games to Switch.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Grumblevolcano

So that's why the Direct is early, Sony has a State of Play at the usual Direct slot time:

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

KryptoniteKrunch

Wouldn't it be too early for Wave 3 of MK8 DLC? Seems like that would be a November or December twitter announcement with the release a week or so after. Really hope we get that Batman collection confirmed. Too much smoke behind that to be a bogus rumor.

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

MsJubilee

It would be neat if WB included Origins in that Arkham collection. But that's wishful thinking. WB wants everyone to forget about that game.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

NintendoByNature

@MsJubilee I just bought it on wii u about a month ago actually lol. I never played it, but did play asylum, city, and knight. However, I'd love a collection to revisit all of them.

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

@KryptoniteKrunch
Yes, way too early.

Spacing 6 packs out over 2 yrs means 4 months apart between waves. We literally just got a wave a month ago. I wouldn't expect to hear anything on Wave 3 until November or December.

@Grumblevolcano
I don't think Nintendo coordinates with Sony for Direct times. They've done all sorts of different times. Sometimes it's morning in US, sometimes it's the afternoon in the US. I'm pretty sure it's early because that's just when they wanted to do it. If they were coordinating one of the two would just schedule for 2 days later or something.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ninfan

Has overwatch 2 been released on eshop. It has overwatch 2: watch point pack , is this overwatch 2 or something else ?

Ninfan

JaxonH

Oh, and I'd wager there's a 90% change we get a trailer for Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak Title Update 2.0 with reveals for the other monsters besides Flaming Espinos.

I expect a Mizutsune subspecies and 2 other wildcards.

I'm so excited for the Direct, but depression always sets in at the same time, realizing whatever cool games are revealed, aren't going to be available for several more months. And the wait will be excruciating, especially if it's Metroid Prime, Zelda WW/TP, new Fire Emblem or F-Zero.

@Ninfan
Not yet. I believe it's an October release.

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

IceClimbers

Wonder if we'll see some of the remaining Smash amiibo in the Direct.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Buizel

7 years on and I'm still amazed how perfect a game Splatoon is - just in the core concept and the basic execution of Turf Wars.

Everything just feels so balanced and finely tuned:

• The dichotomy of being in kid form (offensive, the main way to attack your enemy / spread ink, but uses ink and makes you more vulnerable) and squid form (more agile, defensive, stealthy, restores ink, but loses you opportunity to spread ink).
  • The risk/reward of attacking enemy turf (covering enemy ink is beneficial, but enemies have an easier time maneuvering if they have a lot of their own ink around)
  • Similarly the risk/reward of diving into the action (incl. aiming for enemy "splats") vs. filling the map in the sidelines
  • Similarly the risk/reward of launching yourself to your team-mate (saving time) vs. moving manually to the action (avoiding vulnerability)

It all just feels so damn perfect and intuitive that it's very much an "easy to learn; tough to master" type of game.

Absolutely not surprised this has become Nintendo's big new IP of the past decade.

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

Giancarlothomaz

brazilian jornalist PH Brazil state septembre Nintendo Direct will be last Nintendo Direct focused on Nintendo Switch games

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

JaxonH

@Giancarlothomaz
That's just his conjecture. Random people's conjecture isn't really worth talking about.

JaxonH

@Giancarlothomaz
I'd need to see hard evidence of a history prior leaks gained from reliable sources that proved true.

But even if that was the case, the tweet makes it abundantly clear he's speculating. And speculation is just that- speculation. It would be one thing if he said, "I have a source that tells me this will be xyz". It's another to say, "hmmm, big direct, must be last big one?"

Kermit1doesmath

That direct was amazing... I mean Kirby and BOTW 2 title, I need to take a walk. Also Golden Eye.

dysgraphia awareness human

Rambler

Where the ***** is Twilight Princess?

Rambler

Ralizah

No Advance Wars, but a REALLY good Direct otherwise. I'm super happy.

Can't believe we're finally getting Pikmin 4 and a localized version of Fatal Frame 4.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic