Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 63,741 to 63,760 of 69,995

Ryu_Niiyama

Impressive after all the other type directs that they still have 40 minutes of content. I’m not gonna be coherent though.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Kermit1doesmath

I'm going to post my predictions here the "direct thread" is getting a little wild.

• Anything Zelda
  • 2D Donkey Kong (if it's real)
  • Pikmin 4

dysgraphia awareness human

JaxonH

It says it's mostly focusing on games releasing this winter. So that doesn't leave too much room for big 1st party announcements.

Maybe one more for this holiday (Metroid Prime Remastered? Please?), and maybe one for Jan-Mar which is still "winter" to set up 2023.

And then there's the "mostly" which means we may get BotW 2 news.

So that's what I expect for big 1st party announcements. One more for this year, and one for early next year.

Still a lot of time though so maybe we'll get some solid 3rd party like Batman Arkham, finally.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH My guess would be something like this for exclusives in October - March:

• October - Sparks of Hope, Bayonetta 3
  • November - Harvestella, Prime, Scarlet/Violet
  • December - Advance Wars
  • January - Wind Waker HD/Twilight Princess HD
  • February - Fire Emblem
  • March - Some 3rd party exclusive by Square Enix or Capcom

Nintendo's sites have re-added Advance Wars (was completely removed in February) so I think we're definitely getting a release date tomorrow.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Budda

@JaxonH
Nintendo always announces that it's only for a certain time period, and reveal stuff for way past that time anyway. Like Splatoon 3 that I can remember right now.

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

Ralizah

I just want BotW2 news and confirmation that Advance Wars is releasing any time ever.

Anything beyond that is icing on the cake for me.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

CJD87

I'm not holding my breath.... but I'd love a 'surprise drop' similar to the Metroid Dread reveal (which I believe nobody knew was even being developed at the time?)

A new Starfox/Starwing game would be a dream come true, something between SF64 and Starlink: BfA (the Ubisoft game w/Starfox as a character)

I'll happily settle for BOTW2 news though

CJD87

IceClimbers

Monkeys paw prediction: Zelda Wind Waker and Twilight Princess combo pack is revealed. The catch? It's the GameCube versions of the games rather than the Wii U remasters.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Ryu_Niiyama

I would like to see a January game of some sort but honestly with currently announced games I am already broke for the rest of the year.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

IceClimbers

@NintendoByNature Right but this is Nintendo we're talking about. Them releasing a compilation pack of the GameCube versions instead of the existing HD remasters is absolutely something they'd do.

NintendoByNature

@IceClimbers haha for sure. We'll see what happens tomorrow! I think the 3D mario Allstars was what it was because there weren't any HD versions yet. Had there been, I feel like that collection would've gone very differently, or maybe not a collection at all. No way nintendo would release 3(new) HD versions of games in one collection for $60. So that made sense. But, I think with HD versions of WW/TP already available, they'd kinda have to give us those or people would be irate. I on the other hand, will buy either way 🙂, so you won't see a complaint from little old me.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Grumblevolcano

@NintendoByNature @IceClimbers I think it's more about the Wii U to be honest, Nintendo's approach appears to have been save as much of the Wii U as possible such that when the system is shut down completely not much that Nintendo can control is lost. We got loads of Wii U ports, sequels saved a lot of the Wii U content when there wasn't a port (e.g. between Splatoon 2 and Splatoon 3, most of the Splatoon 1 stages are in either game with more seemingly inbound in the future), NSO and 3rd party collections got a lot of Wii U VC releases, etc.

I will say it's odd they didn't use a similar approach for 3DS as that'll also be shut down the same time.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

It'll be the Wii version for this reason alone- Link is left handed in the GC version, and they'll include gyro aiming for the bow. They need the right handed Wii version to facilitate that.

Assuming we get the Zeldas, the only Wii U games I wish would still get ported are Xenoblade X, Yoshi's Wooly World, and the TurboGrafx-16 VC releases. They should really add them to Nintendo Switch Online.

I need Blazing Lazers and Soldier Blade on Switch.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

@Giancarlothomaz
Sometimes they do. Other times they announce just 1. Other times none.

If they do, that's great. But I'm not getting my hopes up for something that might not happen. I'd rather expect nothing for next year barring the early 2023 winter release, and if we get more it'll be a pleasant surprise. And if not, no harm no foul.

Edited on by JaxonH

IceClimbers

Predictions:

• Fire Emblem (vague 2023 release, opens Direct)
  • Metroid Prime Remaster
  • Zelda (not gonna predict specifics here)
  • Bayonetta 3
  • Mario Rabbids Sparks of Hope
  • Xenoblade 3 DLC
  • Switch Sports Golf update (shadow drop?)
  • FE Warriors Three Hopes DLC
  • Mario Strikers update
  • MK8 Deluxe DLC Wave 3
  • Splatoon 3 update
  • GB/GBC added to NSO (maybe GBA too?)
  • Fatal Frame 4
  • Mario Movie mention
  • 3rd party sizzle reel

kkslider5552000

The only things I'm actively interested in specifically for this direct:
-Advance Wars not being dead
-More BOTW2 footage
-Nintendo remembering to still advertise the many games coming out next month
-Mario Party Superstars DLC
-Capcom remembering this is Megaman's 35th anniversary
-NSO getting more games

I mean there might be a bunch of other cool things, but it could be any number of things, and this is specifically what I would want them to do right now (also outside of Splatoon 3 I don't need to buy another 60 dollar game until BOTW2 anyway)

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

JaxonH

@IceClimbers
That's a pretty realistic list.

Only thing I'd add or modify is, It Takes Two is a for sure lock, and I'm not sure they'll talk about a Splatoon 3 update just 4 days post launch.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic