Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 63,541 to 63,560 of 63,872

JaxonH

@Ralizah
$8 for A.I. The Somnium Files is a no-brainer. That game was way better than I was expecting, and opened my eyes to what visual novels could be when they incorporate a larger budget and full 3D character models and modern controls.

PLAYING
NS: Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak, Portal 1/2
STEAM: Monster Hunter World
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

Giancarlothomaz

@Rambler as a ICMS, currently on congress, we are trying to make Brazil tax system less complicated.

i like HD Rumble.

Fizza

JaxonH wrote:

$8 for A.I. The Somnium Files is a no-brainer. That game was way better than I was expecting, and opened my eyes to what visual novels could be when they incorporate a larger budget and full 3D character models and modern controls.

If you're a fan of those kinds of visual novels then....

gently nudges across the table
Untitled
(I will continue spreading AA propaganda for as long as I live)

Edited on by Fizza

Currently Playing: The Great Ace Attorney: Resolve
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Currently performing a summoning circle for a 2nd Ace Attorney Trilogy
456/488 in Brilliant Diamond Nat Dex
PLA Shinies: 95

Ralizah

@Fizza I already liked the first game. The second game bumped it up to being my single favorite collection of Ace Attorney games to date.

Absolutely stellar duology.

@JaxonH AI: The Somnium Files was a gigantic technical step up over any of the Zero Escape games, and the sequel is looking to address some of remaining issues that existed with character animations in that game.

And the original looks TERRIFIC on the Switch.

Ralizah

JaxonH

@Fizza
Oh I know. I love The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles. It's not as high budget as AI Somnium Files, and there's definitely no 3D models or character exploration, but it's super fun. Those are the only two VN series I genuinely love, in fact.

@Ralizah
I bought the new one, but should I play it after beating the first one, or is the story separate? Cause if it's separate, and it does make improvements, I'd rather jump straight to it. Not enough room to keep both on my main SD. Gotta archive one and redownload on a spare microSD. Which one is the question...

PLAYING
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

Ralizah

@JaxonH

You should be good to go with the sequel.

Ralizah

Fizza

@Ralizah I'm so monumentally excited to play Resolve because I took an extended break after beating Adventures back in May and, once I get through my current backlog between Pokemon, Skyward Sword and Kirby 64, I'll be on that instantly. When Adventures is one of my favourite AA games to date purely based off of the characters and story, hearing that Resolve is just the first game..... but better is extremely motivating.

Still can't believe the first game ended on a cliffhanger as well, it's been driving me nuts ever since I beat it so that's even more reason to start the sequel soon-ish.

Currently Playing: The Great Ace Attorney: Resolve
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Currently performing a summoning circle for a 2nd Ace Attorney Trilogy
456/488 in Brilliant Diamond Nat Dex
PLA Shinies: 95

NeonPizza

@Link-Hero
I always do my research, weather it's reading up on reviews, watching gameplay footage ect. But sometimes i like to jump out of my comfort zone, be a little more opened minded and take that chance. Just as I did for Pikmin back on the Wii, which i ended up falling in love with all those years ago. Dont get me wrong, i usually if not almost always wind up feeling disappointed after playing those 'take a chance' eshop purchases. And because i'm practically all digital, my wallet winds up getting slayed. No resale value, sniffles*

Astral Chain for ex, is going for $55 on the eShop at the moment, but in this case I'd rather just get a used physical copy and then sell it if it's not my cup of tea. $55 is too much of a blow if the game winds up not being for me.

"ExcuuuUUUUSE ME, Princess!"
Switch Friend Code: SW-1323-8872-2420
I demand Crystal Pepsi & Noid Domino's Pizza!

NeonPizza

@Ryu_Niiyama
Ya, I've decided to just buy everything digitally as I've been doing for the past couple of years now, while double dipping on certain physical Nintendo Switch games that mean the most to me. Plus, as a rule of thumb they have to have great box art.

https://s.pacn.ws/1500/v4/mega-man-x-legacy-collection-1-2-56...

Physical releases with good looking box art to me would be like the Mega Man X Legacy Collection, Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze, TMNT: Shredders Revenege(Limited Run), Capcom Fighting Collection, Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Edition, LOZ: Links Awakening, just to name a few.

Yet, the sheer convenience of Digital is unmatched imo, especially for dudes & dudettes in their late 30's like me who have kind of embrassed a slightly more minimilastic life style. But i also love having some modern NIntendo tangable plastic thrown into the mix. Ultimately, the 8-16 bit generations in regards to physical gaming media means the absolute most to me. The outlandish imaginitive and crazy cover art that graced the late 80's & early 90's are just so near and dear to me.

Plus, I have no desire to buy anything physical on PS5 or even an XSX if ever decide to actually get one. Digital only for those two. I mean, they're both boasting bland Blu-ray like cases with an uninspired system logo and a basic Disc/CD inside. They're nothing special and in all honestly they look kind of ugly imo. Switch Cases are more unique, they're Nintendo and i dig the miniature carts. But they're too Small, and because of this you'll be stuck with a sticker of the games logo rather than the official box art. Smaller doesn't always mean better.

Edited on by NeonPizza

"ExcuuuUUUUSE ME, Princess!"
Switch Friend Code: SW-1323-8872-2420
I demand Crystal Pepsi & Noid Domino's Pizza!

Anti-Matter

@NeonPizza
Ahem....
I have a lot of PS4 games in physical and they looked really good in Blue color.
Untitled

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

korosanbo

@Anti-Matter Really nice collection
How's Megaman 11? Did you not find it difficult?
I've never played a Megaman before except the DOS one which I know is not made by Capcom and is quite bad in general

Edited on by korosanbo

korosanbo

JaxonH

@Giancarlothomaz
Good. I hope it does.

Cause we already have enough 1st party games releasing the rest of the year.

What I want to see is Persona and Batman.

PLAYING
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

DarthNocturnal

I dunno. Metroid Prime 4 or some other surprises would help fill out releases for me. The only thing in the 2nd half that isn't already out is Pokemon S/V. I guess maybe Xenoblade Chronicles 3, but I've still got 1 and 2 to beat, so I'm not sure I'm in a hurry to get 3.

I may have missed some other game(s), but nothing comes to mind right now.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0
Now Playing: Triangle Strategy (Switch), Spyro: Reignited Trilogy (Xbox), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (Gamecube), Codename S.T.E.A.M (3DS), Pokemon Crystal (3DS VC).

Grumblevolcano

Nintendo IP and Nintendo published releases for the 2nd half of 2022 so far is:

• July 22nd - Live a Live (developed by Square Enix, published by Nintendo)
  • July 29th - XC3
  • September 9th - Splatoon 3
  • November 18th - Pokemon Scarlet/Violet
  • 2022 - Bayonetta 3 (developed by PlatinumGames, published by Nintendo)
  • 2022 - Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope (developed by Ubisoft, uses Nintendo IP)

XC3 already got a Direct, Splatoon 3 will likely get its own Direct in July/August, Pokemon will probably get a Pokemon Presents in August and the rest are 3rd party releases so could appear in a Partner Showcase.

Not sure what Advance Wars would count as given the original games are 1st party but the remake was done by a 3rd party (WayForward) but that game has no release year attached so may not even appear this year.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DarthNocturnal

@Grumblevolcano

Well, I did forget about Live-A-Live, so that's something.

Advance Wars is a 1st party IP, so it's unquestionably 1st party, regardless of who developed it.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0
Now Playing: Triangle Strategy (Switch), Spyro: Reignited Trilogy (Xbox), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (Gamecube), Codename S.T.E.A.M (3DS), Pokemon Crystal (3DS VC).

Anti-Matter

@korosanbo
Megaman 11 was pretty difficult from the stage aspect so I choose Newcomer difficulty to have Unlimited lives and could finish the game easily.

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Kermit1

So is Live a Live, really 6-7 games in one or is it one giant super long game set in different time periods.

Currently playing: Animal Crossing New Horizons, Okami HD

SW-0553-8644-3608 I'm Kermit1 and ask before you friend please

My dead YouTube channel

#TeamSlime

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic