Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 63,541 to 63,560 of 69,962

Magician

Ninfan wrote:

Is there really any game on switch that compares to metroud dread or the metroid 4 game, that is not released yet. I looked at nearly every game on switch eshop and no game on it really compares to theses 2 ( or 1 game )games. Or, or, would anyone suggest a game as good as dread. A really really good game on switch.

@Ninfan For a Metroid Prime-like experience I recommend Journey to the Savage Planet. And as others have said, the Ori games are probably the best metroidvania games not named Metroid.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

gcunit

@Magician I'm glad you mentioned Journey to the Savage Planet as I had a feeling it might be relevant here, but I haven't actually played it yet.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

link3710

@skywake Probably depends where in the US too. I got into limits and infinite sums in second semester Junior year, so I was also 16 at the time. Curriculums are kind of a mess here thanks to each state's crazy standardized testing.

link3710

Magician

@Grumblevolcano The hype for NMS on Switch is real. Other than Elite Dangerous, there isn't a better space game in the industry, imo.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

jedgamesguy

No Man's Sky is THE gold standard for redemption stories. I bought the game after just one update and it is nigh-on unrecognisable after 18 more content updates. After around four or five there would have been a case for them stopping but it has been SIX YEARS since they released the game and every single update has been free. That's not something you'd get with a AAA studio let alone a 20-person indie studio.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

WoomyNNYes

Regarding that No Mans Sky trailer, that lush red grassy hill looks so cherry picked for the Switch, since the Switch doesn't have a large distance to render. I'd wait for game release & reviews before anyone gets excited.

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Magician

@WoomyNNYes Oh no, my friend. I'm going YOLO for NMS on Switch.
Untitled

WoomyNNYes

@Magician I expect a performance report from you when you get it. (if an NL review doesn't beat you to it) You're welcome to a "told ya so, @WoomyNNYes!", when the time comes. 😁

That dive is amazing!🤣

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

gcunit

I'm expecting pop-in and some dynamic resolution shifting, but so long as it on-the-whole has been ported well, as I suspect it will have been, I'll look forward to going exploring with it.

Haruki_NLI

@WoomyNNYes They can't have been too concerned about it. Heck, a YouTube comment pointed out that some objects spawned incorrectly yet were still in shot, because that's what happens in the game. I don't think they'll be hiding much. I imagine frame rate and dynamic res gets heavy in intense things or loading but beyond that... Probably quite a nice stable 720p ish game.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

gcunit

Anyone UK-based ordered from Play-Asia recently?

I put an order through this afternoon, only to be confronted on the final page with the risk of customs fees. Can't remember that being a consideration before, though from my email records I'm not sure I've ever had an order fulfilled from them before, must have cancelled one after finding a more local source.

Anyway... order consisted of 3 games, one in stock, one with a 2-4 week wait, and the other a pre-order for release in December. Total amount about £160, but hoping they are going to be sent separately as and when available, thus minimising the risk of a single bulk package getting hit with customs fees. Am I dreaming?

Magician

@gcunit P-A only ships when all items are in their warehouse. That has been my experience anyhow.

gcunit

@Magician Thanks. I might trim the order then, take off the pre-order.

gcunit

@Rambler Thanks, but for now I've parked the whole idea.

When I had three items in the basket, totalling £160, that was the price I paid at checkout.

But when I took the pre-order item out, the total dropped to about £125, but suddenly there was £25 tax added on, taking it back up to £150. Why no tax on the previous order but tax now?

Not a fan of obscure financial situations, so unless someone can help me understand how it works I'm just gonna revert to waiting for a chance listing on eBay someday.

Edited on by gcunit

JaxonH

So, Trails from Zero also releases in September.

How we feeling on this one?

Trails of Cold Steel 3 and 4 were freaking incredible. Unfortunately, Trails 1 and 2 came to Switch but never got localized. 3 had a story summary and that's where I jumped in. But many didn't want to do that.

This is part of the Crossbell arc though, which is only a 2 game series from PSP that was never localized. Now its being remastered and released in the west. The 2nd part, Trails to Azure, will follow.

Personally I really like the more chibi art style in HD. It suits the game well.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Okami1

@JaxonH I'm on board. I really like the looks of it, but I will probably wait to get it since Pokemon is coming out soon and I need to save money.

dysgraphia awareness human

kkslider5552000

I decided very quickly that if I were to ever get into the Trails series, I'd want to make sure I'd be able to play the whole series. Even ignoring AFAIK recent game/s not being localized yet, I'm not entirely sure that's possible on any one platform right now.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Ralizah

@kkslider5552000 They're all playable on PC up through Cold Steel 4. The ones after that are a lock for PC as well.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic