Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 63,521 to 63,540 of 70,011

Fizza

JaxonH wrote:

@Fizza
I'm about half ways to 3 quarters through Mario Rabbids. I started playing again about a year ago and started raving in this thread about how good it was and how I'd forgotten how much I loved it. But still never finished.

Raving you say?
Untitled

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Extreme-G (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

JaxonH

@Kermit1

Ya?

Infinite sum of (3/4)^n from 1 to infinity = 3, but add (3/4)^0 = 4.

Then x 2 = 8.

The integral is -cos from 0 to pi, or cos from pi to 0, which is cos(0) - cos(pi) = 1 - -1 = 2.

8 x 2 = 16. Add 1 = 17.

You can do math on this level at 17? I'm freaking amazed.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

@Kermit1
Think you'll find with freedom comes responsibility.

I remember being 16, getting my driver's license. Was so excited. Now driving is a chore lol. Then I was excited to hit 18. But with it came adult responsibilities. Then it was all about 21 and drinking. Later discovered I only wanted to go to bars because I wasn't allowed. As soon as I hit 21, it lost its allure.

Not to diminish your 18th birthday. It's definitely an exciting time. Just keep in mind adulthood, while amazing (so nice being able to work and buy whatever you want, etc), it's also when things will start changing as responsibility sets in.

When you're a kid all you dream about is being grown, and when you're grown all you dream about is being a kid again. Seems the grass is always greener 😀

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Kermit1doesmath

@JaxonH Trust me I know about responsibility, I just need to overcome my mild anxiety first. I have an idea of what I'd like to become, a film maker (Director, Writer). To be honest I'm kinda scared to turn 18, even though I'm going to take a break year, the idea of being 2 years away from 20, adulthood, a job, college, friends. I'm going to take everything one step at a time, so I am very excited to continue to grow up and have an adventure.

I should also add from everything I know about drinking, I'll pass I don't like to feel anything icky in my throat.

Edited on by Kermit1doesmath

dysgraphia awareness human

skywake

JaxonH wrote:

@Kermit1
You can do math on this level at 17? I'm freaking amazed.

To be fair, 17 is probably peak maths. I think the highest level of Maths I did was in first year CS when I was 18. Although arguably some of the stuff I did in High School when I was 16/17 was "higher". And being a developer I'm arguably in a profession that's pretty heavily maths adjacent

So yeah, I think the vast majority of people would be doing their most advanced maths at around 17. Especially for people who aren't going to get into hard sciences or engineering. And even for those people, 17 probably isn't far off

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

skywake

IMO early 20s is nice but you're kinda clueless but with this huge ego. Mid to late 20s, for me at least, was pretty volatile and not really a fun time.

Basically mid 20s while nice in theory you can also get the shock of falling into the real world and your ego is shattered. I'm sure some people fall on their feet in this period of their life. Most of those people probably end up being ****** for the rest of their lives

30s is where it's at. You have your stuff together by then and should know enough to know you know nothing

Edited on by skywake

JaxonH

@skywake
At least here in the US, most ppl never get past Algebra, Geometry and maybe PreCalculus in high school unless they're gifted. And even then, the gifted students barely reach AP Calculus in 12th grade. And that's basically the equivalent of Calc 1 in college.

Thing is, the basic integral is Calc 1 level but the infinite summation is not something learned until Calc 2 when Infinite series are introduced.

So even the most gifted students who did AP Calc in high school and jumped straight into Calc 2 in college would still be 18 or 19 yrs old, and those ppl ate few in number as is.

But ya, I get what you mean about peak math at that age. It's just the level was beyond what any 17 yr old learns here.

edit
Also, agreed 30s is where it's at. 20s felt like an extended session of my teens. Didn't wanna give up the childish lifestyle.

Edited on by JaxonH

TommyTendo

I'm gonna replace my launch Switch with the Splatoon 3 OLED as my main.
I just need to get the SD card first so I can start downloading games.

I love the new integrated LAN-port on the dock.

Magician

Been playing Aerial Knight's Never Yield. Love the jazz/hip-hop vibe of the game. But this game is a good example of how rough the Unity engine can be on Switch. Stutters during load screens, soft-crashes to the title screen, choppy cutscenes. It isn't unplayable, but boy is it sure janky.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Ryu_Niiyama

@Magician hmm I haven’t had any of those issues but I last played before da update. Are you playing the current build?

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Magician

@Ryu_Niiyama Yes. I recently acquired a physical copy that includes "da update".

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Ninfan

Is there really any game on switch that compares to metroud dread or the metroid 4 game, that is not released yet. I looked at nearly every game on switch eshop and no game on it really compares to theses 2 ( or 1 game )games. Or, or, would anyone suggest a game as good as dread. A really really good game on switch.

Ninfan

Anti-Matter

@Ninfan
You try other genre games such as RPG, 3D platformer, Rhythm, Strategy, Life Simulation, etc.

Anti-Matter

gcunit

Ninfan wrote:

Is there really any game on switch that compares to metroud dread or the metroid 4 game, that is not released yet. I looked at nearly every game on switch eshop and no game on it really compares to theses 2 ( or 1 game )games. Or, or, would anyone suggest a game as good as dread. A really really good game on switch.

The best game of the same genre on Switch that isn't Metroid Dread, is Hollow Knight. But I wouldn't say it particularly compares to Metroid Dread because the whole vibe is different and Hollow Knight is not a shooter.

Axiom Verge is more like a Metroid game than Hollow Knight is, but I don't particularly rate it and certainly don't think it stands anywhere close to Metroid Dread.

Best alternative for now is getting Samus Returns on the 3/2DS.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

NintendoByNature

I'd second Axiom Verge as a good metroid like game to play instead of dread, or after dread. Has the look and feel for sure. We'll, at least the first axiom verge.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

@Ninfan
Mmm...

I'm gonna say Ori and the Blind Forest, and Ori and the Will of the Wisps.

I won't say they're as good as Metroid (nothing is imo) but they come closer than anything else. I didn't care much for Axiom Verge 1 or 2. Hollow Knight is also a strong recommendation, but I think the Ori games are better. Visuals top notch. Presentation top notch. Audio top notch. Soundtrack top notch. Precision gameplay top notch. It's just a stellar game, and for many years, the one game I felt was worth buying an Xbox to play.

edit
A pretty good character trailer for the Switch release of Nier Automata dropped.

Edited on by JaxonH

skywake

@JaxonH
I suspect the maths curriculum here in Australia, at least when I did it, pushes you a bit harder in high school than the US does. At least for students who take those units

There were two sets of courses in the last couple of years when I finished HS. Calc, Trig, Descrete and Stats. I took the intro calc unit then the stats unit. The intro calc unit had infinite sum and limits, I would've been ~16 when I took it

Of course a lot of students drop Maths entirely in the last couple of years of High School. So there's that....

Edited on by skywake

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic