Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 63,561 to 63,580 of 69,964

JaxonH

They're cranking those things out like crazy. 3rd one in a year it feels like

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

Yeah, I was curious about the Japanese release dates. 2004 - 2009 saw them release only the three Trails in the Sky games, but, since then, they've released roughly one game every year in this series. They must have a really optimized work flow, considering these games are lengthy and full of dialogue.

2010 - Ys vs. Trails in the Sky; Trails from Zero
2011 - Trails to Azure
2012 - The Legend of Nayuta: Boundless Trails
2013 - Trails of Cold Steel
2014 - Trails of Cold Steel II
2016 - Akatsuki no Kiseki
2017 - Trails of Cold Steel III
2018 - Trails of Cold Steel IV
2020 - Trails into Reverie
2021 - Kuro no Kiseki
2022 - Kuro no Kiseki II – Crimson Sin

It's going to take NISA a while to catch up.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Anti-Matter

Rejoice!
The Outbound Ghost will get physical release.
Untitled

Anti-Matter

Fizza

Today I learned that Gold Points can expire. How did I realise this? Because I just lost 300 of them. THANKS NINTENDO 🥲👍

(I'm really not that mad honestly, it was just a bit of a b**** slap more than anything)

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Okami1

@Fizza I spend mine when I get them... I have a buying problem

Edited on by Okami1

dysgraphia awareness human

Fizza

@DarthNocturnal You know how Splatoon 3 has a sort of digital early purchase bonus where you get 10% back in Gold Points? I'm planning on going a big splurge with those points in particular. Namely for:

• The two Toree games.
  • Final Fight (via Capcom Arcade Stadium)
  • Thomas Was Alone (it usually goes on sale for €2 at a time so that's when I'll strike)

I'm very excited for the first 3 and have always been interested in TWA (especially with how high the review scores have been for it across the board) so what better time than the 2 month gap between Splatoon and Pokemon?

Fizza

@DarthNocturnal I've mainly used Gold Points myself for small DLC's like the Mii Costumes in Smash. However, there was one time where the stars aligned and I was somehow able to get DOOM 1993 for FREE during Black Friday of last year by using them. It was wild, will probably never happen again....but man I felt so proud for spotting it when I did.

Also, you've just reminded me about how much I want to get Arcade Archives Punch Out now! THERE'S TOO MANY DAMN GAMES MY SD CARD WILL BE IN RUIN BY NEXT SPRING.

Edited on by Fizza

Grumblevolcano

@Fizza For me points don't get close to expiring because Nintendo seems to in general have a steady flow of DLC available to purchase. Like this year had MK8 Deluxe Booster Course Pass in March, XC3 Expansion Pass in July and there'll probably be something in fall/holiday like a Fire Emblem Warriors Three Hopes Pass (Age of Calamity Pass was announced 3 months after the game's launch). That combined with 3rd party stuff means gold points never really build up for me.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ralizah

I primarily purchase games digitally, so my gold points never come close to expiring, lol.

My platinum points used to, but now I can just use them to grab icon elements. Problem solved. Way better than the random, crappy wallpapers and such Nintendo was previously offering.

Edited on by Ralizah

Fizza

@Ralizah The icons this week are Kirby's Dream Buffet themed, MY PLATINUM WALLET CANNOT TAKE IT.

Okami1

@Fizza I know some ways you can get more. If you don't know them already.

dysgraphia awareness human

JaxonH

I've earned so many gold points on Switch this gen... probably around $100 per year. Maybe more. Every 2 months I've got another $20 it seems. Mostly from digital, but all those physical games add up, too, little by little.

Matter of fact I just purchased TMNT Cowabunga Collection digitally with gold points yesterday. Usually let em pile up until I have $25-50 and then spend to cover a single purchase.

Also love that platinum points can now be exchanged for icons. They'd just sit and rot, otherwise, barring the Zelda display and a couple other small pieces of tat that were occasionally worthwhile.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

@Fizza Haha, I actually need to visit the MyNintendo website to build them up again. Not used to actually needing to use them for stuff.

WoomyNNYes

Ralizah wrote:

@Fizza Haha, I actually need to visit the MyNintendo website to build them up again. Not used to actually needing to use them for stuff.

Platinum points rack up automatically now with NSO. They give you points for backing up a game to the NSO cloud, points if you play an online game that. I have more platinum points than I've ever had. I think I have 1400+?

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

JaxonH

The ones you get automatically aren't enough to get all the icons. I've gotten every icon released to date.

I do the 4 missions from the red button Switch online menu each week, I play Toad Rally in Super Mario Run once a day which gives +10 per day, and another +50 per week after winning 3 in a week, I boot up the Wii U eShop once a week for another +30, and when collecting my coins on MyNintendo each day, I'm able to catch the +30 coin that rolls across your Mii area each week and the hidden +10 mini game from fishing out a Platinum coin with your Mii (or popping a Platinum balloon, it changes from week to week).

All that is exactly enough to keep up with all the icons.

By the way,

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 is back in the top 100 best sellers list on Amazon. It's been climbing for the last few days. It was down to around #150 and then suddenly reversed course, to #120 and now to #95.

Usually games keep dropping the further away it gets from their release date. Not sure what caused this sudden surge in interest to keep its legs walking?

Maybe it's the Dunky video giving exposure- any press is good press, as they say. Something caused it to reverse course though. I've never seen a XC game still in the top 100 after 5 weeks post-launch (especially since it spent a fair bit of time there before launch leading up to release- its been several months in the top 100 now).

Edited on by JaxonH

Grumblevolcano

I'd imagine the purpose of the Switch icons are to try and convince players to play Nintendo's mobile games. If you want them all then you need to play some mobile games.

I used to have a gigantic stash of Platinum points back when I played Fire Emblem Heroes but I lost interest when they added FEH Pass. I still check out the Youtube videos for who is coming to the game but that's more about seeing how close the game is to completing full game rosters (and hence making remakes of older games for Switch more likely).

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
Not sure about that. They seem to be moving away from mobile. No new games in the works and they're systematically shutting them down.

Getting coins in the other mobile games requires too much commitment. But Mario Run? Toad Rally is like 60 seconds- in and out. And you're just competing for coins against ghost data from other players so there's no waiting for matchups or anything.

Its actually pretty fun, and now I kinda look forward to my 1-2 Toad Rally runs each day (I play until I win to ensure I hit my 3 wins per week- usually get it first try, sometimes it takes 2 or 3).

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic