Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 63,501 to 63,520 of 69,993

JaxonH

Those are really good sales for Fire Emblem. One single release and its absolutely going to crack 4 mil? That's as big as Persona 5, which sold 5.5 mil but across 2 platforms with an extra expanded release that basically accounted for an extra 2 mil.

And over 4 mil for DKC? Finally, DKC gets his due. That's pretty good for a Wii U port. But it's the best 2D platformer of all time. It deserves it, and more.

Just seeing Bayo 2 over a mil gives me hope Bayo 3 can double it, in the due course of time.

Xenoblade 2 likely would have done more than 2.4 if the physical version hadn't run out of print. But Xenoblade 3 has a good shot at breaking 3 mil I think. Dare I say, even rival Fire Emblem Three Houses?

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

RR529

@JaxonH, hope XC2 can hit 2.5 mil by next year. It's unreal that it's still putting up respectable numbers 4-5 years after it's release (according to that list it outsold XC:DE last year alone, 270,000 copies to 200,000 copies, despite DE only being a year old at the time).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Ralizah

XC2 would 100% have sold better had they printed more copies. Even without any price cuts, it continued to push its way up Amazon's daily sales charts when new copies trickled out onto the market.

FE is one of the biggest comeback stories ever. Prior to Awakening, they were struggling to sell over half a million units per title.

Also, 10 million for M+R?! Holy moly.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

jump

@BruceCM Americans are backwards like how they call football soccer and what they football is a bastardization of rugby so you need to switch 2 and 9 around in that date.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

kkslider5552000

Ralizah wrote:

XC2 would 100% have sold better had they printed more copies.

I mean I was able to get a copy 3 years after it came out, so I'm not entirely convinced this is a shortage issue.

checks a few retail websites ...ok Wal Mart selling it for 20 bucks more than its initial price might indicate an actual issue, fair enough.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Kermit1doesmath

I think that direct "leak" is real. @BruceCM I think you are the first to find it.

dysgraphia awareness human

Magician

@Kermit1

We should be getting a Direct this month, just not Friday.
Untitled

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

JaxonH

Untitled

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Anti-Matter

I think it's ironic that I have finished Transformers Battlegrounds PS4 but still haven't finished Mario + Rabbids with same genre.

Anti-Matter

kkslider5552000

Untitled

I'm not sure what this image has to do with anything, I thought we were just posting overdone meme images from media older than the majority of people who use them.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

JaxonH

Wow, that arrived quick given it was sent from France. Ppl probably already seen screenshots to death but, here's what it looks like up close.

Untitled

Untitled

@Anti-Matter
I haven't finished Mario Rabbids either. Not sure why. So many great games released that distracted me in 2017. And... I think I spend half that year studying Japanese to play that import copy of Monster Hunter XX before the localization was announced.

It's so good though. I hear the DKC dlc doesn't disappoint, either.

Ralizah

@JaxonH Beautiful system. Is that lovely going to become your new main SWOLED, or will you be displaying it?

And yeah, M+R is fantastic. Very much a top tier Switch game, and one of the few I 100%ed and then restarted playing.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Fizza

@JaxonH THAT GRADIENT.
Untitled
Also, I highly implore you to go beat Mario+Rabbids. I'm not really into tactics games myself (it's probably one of the only genres I've yet to really penetrate) and even I loved the hell out of it. DK Adventure is a fantastic bit of DLC as well (that I've yet to beat as of now, should probably get on that before Sparks of Hope comes out 😅).

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

JaxonH

@Ralizah
Love the HD rumble in Mario Rabbids going into the pipes. So satisfying. Best part of the new game is full camera control though. That was a minor annoyance. Isometric 4 way worked, but... no reason not to just give full control.

I'm debating using it as the new main. Already put tempered glass on without any small micro hairs underneath (took a few attempts, but it's flawless now). Problem is, I like my Basstop d-pad modded joycon. Great for fighting games and 2D platformers in handheld and tabletop. Switching would require using these gorgeous joycon which unfortunately do not have a proper d-pad. 99% of the time it never matters anyways, but Idk, I just like knowing I can play any game without barriers or hindrances due to the d-pad. For that reason, it'll likely stay displayed. As much as I'd love to rock it.

Edited on by JaxonH

JaxonH

@Fizza
I'm about half ways to 3 quarters through Mario Rabbids. I started playing again about a year ago and started raving in this thread about how good it was and how I'd forgotten how much I loved it. But still never finished.

I definitely intend to finish it, especially before embarking on the next entry. But this year is chock to the hilt. Finish Xenoblade 3, then back to Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak to finish that, then Splatoon 3, Nier Automata, Bayonetta 3, Persona 5 Royal, Harvestella, with Tactics Ogre, Diofield Chronicle, Trails from Zero, DQ Treasure, Pokémon and the new Mario Rabbids all likely going to backlog as there's not enough time for everything.

Hopefully 2023 gives us a breather in that first quarter to play some catch up. Mario Rabbids is definitely on the list. And the DK expansion. And obviously, the new game. I'll be trying it out right away. But don't wanna get too far into it without going back to finish up Kingdom Battle.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic