Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 61,061 to 61,080 of 69,989

Fizza

@kkslider5552000 Replace that with The Great Ace Attorney and you have me down to a tee (I started it in February and am only on Chapter 4 of the first game. Lord save me....).

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

Fizza wrote:

Replace that with The Great Ace Attorney and you have me down to a tee (I started it in February and am only on Chapter 4 of the first game. Lord save me....).

I intentionally took a break between games, partially because of long they are. The 2nd game is one of many I need to get around to.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

BruceCM

I like that 1, @Magician .... Hopefully, it'll get a demo for Switch, so you can try that

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Ralizah

@kkslider5552000 @Fizza I took a half year break between games. Worked out well. I don't know how people can blitz multiple long games in the same series without a break.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

BruceCM

Well, people can stop speculating about whether BotW 2 is still this year.... It's now going to be next Spring, what a shock

SW-4357-9287-0699

kkslider5552000

Giancarlothomaz wrote:

Nintendo will delay Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild 2 until they release the game on Switch sucessor, history repeat itself.

They only did that before because the previous times they were on systems that didn't sell well. Switch is selling so well they seem to actively want it to go on for longer than normal expectations.

Now if it comes out that a Switch Pro is coming out in Spring next year, I could believe that.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Anti-Matter

Imagine if we will have Deja Vu by announcement in October 2022 about Switch successor then second presentation about Switch successor in January 2023 and soft launching in March 2023. It was like 2017 situation.

Anti-Matter

JaxonH

Multiple 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim previews just dropped for the Switch version releasing April 12th, and every single one of them is just glowing with praise. One said this definitely doesn't feel like a fast and dirty port, but rather a game meticulously and carefully brought over to be as best as possible. They also said it looks and plays basically identical to the PS version.

This is very good news.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

GameOtaku

Picked up Crystar yesterday evening and I’m loving it. What I don’t understand is this though. My Switch was updated on Saturday and hasn’t had internet access since. So when I brought the game home and put the cart in it said a software update was available. Why did they not ship the cart with the most up to date version? Since i haven’t been connected to the internet that means it was produced knowing a patch was coming. So why not delay the physical release to include the update?

Edited on by GameOtaku

GameOtaku

Magician

I wonder how much longer until Yomawari 3 and Void Terrarium 2 get western release announcements?

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

BruceCM

Those aren't even out in Japan yet, are they, @Magician ....? They seem to be westernising such games quicker these days, so maybe they'll come over later this year

SW-4357-9287-0699

Magician

@BruceCM No, not yet. April for Yomawari 3 and June for Void Terrarium 2. I'm just eager to hear news on either for the west. They're some of the better games NIS America have published in recent memory, hence my enthusiasm for their new entries. On a similar note, The Legend of Nayuta releases in May in Japan, which gives me hope it'll slip into 2022 (even though it's slated for a 2023 release).

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

BruceCM

Yeah, they've got quicker with them at least, though, @Magician .... Fingers crossed for you

SW-4357-9287-0699

WoomyNNYes

@Joeynator3000 was right. The Switch can download a game update while playing another game ...if playing an offline game. I didn't believe him, because I'm usually playing games with online connectivity, Rocket League, Splatoon, and it's not often game updates come through, at least on my console. So, I don't think I had ever seen it. But today, I saw it.

See here, the Switch continues downloading a Rocket League update after Kirby and the Forgotten Land has booted up.
Untitled

I await Magician and others to smugly say, duh WoomyNNYes.😁

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Magician

@WoomyNNYes

I do revel in being a smartass, it's true.

But I try not be a cynical know-it-all 24/7.
Untitled

GameOtaku

@DarthNocturnal
Problem is my switch has been offline since Saturday and I picked up the game yesterday and played it last night and as soon as I clicked into the game it says a software update is available! That means that when it was “flashed” they put in the alert for the update on the cart!

GameOtaku

gcunit

Day 1 patches are a real pain, but it's not like it's unusual nowadays, seems more games do it than don't.

@WoomyNNYes How long have you had your Switch?

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

GameOtaku

@DarthNocturnal
As I have no internet at home my switch has most definitely been offline since Saturday . The closest hotspot is 15 miles away. So I’m leaning more to them shipping it out knowing a patch was coming after release. It just really irritates me that more quality control is done on my job making product that’s just going to end up either in the landfill or recycling center than a game developer making quality checks to ensure a product without bugs.

I’ve not encountered anything in the game that would need to be fixed and I’ve completed at least 4 missions in chapter 1.

GameOtaku

WoomyNNYes

@gcunit How long have I had a Switch? Answer: As long as one can have a Switch.😁 I got a switch at midnight launch, march 3, 2017. Although, I upgraded to an OLED in december, about four months ago.

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic