Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 61,081 to 61,100 of 69,981

Sasuke94

Has anyone outside of Germany already seen the new code in a box releases of Final Fantasy IX and Legend of Mana?

Sasuke94

BruceCM

Well, I know they announced FFIX 'physical' for the west, @Sasuke94 .... But I'd already got the digital version for my Switch, so I wasn't too concerned about it! Is that out now over there? I think it's in about a week here in the UK

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Anti-Matter

@BruceCM
There was FF IX HD in physical release with actual cartridge, the Asia English version.
Untitled

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@Sasuke94
I already got FF IX Switch Asia English version with real cartridge inside the box. 😁

Anti-Matter

BruceCM

Yeah, I know, @Anti-Matter .... I wasn't that concerned about getting it physically myself but if they'd released it over here like that, I'd have got it instead of digitally I'm sure some others around did get the PlayAsia import, though as well

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Magician

@IceClimbers

Good riddance. The Capcom and Take Two "presentations" were truly awful last year. It's unfortunate that fans of the hobby no longer have a multiple day event talking about nothing but games. But lets be honest, the industry has moved on.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Haruki_NLI

Woo. Geoff Keighleys 3 months of ads and sporadic announcements with no coherent schedule.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Ninfan

Did anyone find the latest switch update slowed down mario kart 8 deluxe.

Ninfan

Anti-Matter

@Ninfan
What do you mean by slow down?
Loading time for offline playing or online playing?

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@Ninfan
How slow did you mean?
The loading time or the vehicle speed when playing?
If you mean by vehicle speed, pick 200 cc if you want the fastest speed.

Anti-Matter

MarioVillager92

@Ninfan Honestly, the game still runs just fine to me. The gameplay's still fast and smooth as butter. It does tend to take a tiny bit longer to load everyone's race ratings before an online race, but that's really it.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Ralizah

Looks like gaming-related livestreams are dead to me now outside of the occasional Nintendo Direct. Playstation's State of Play broadcasts have been a waste since the beginning, whatever "Summer Game Fest" is supposed to be is completely uninteresting to me, and I think I'm done with The Game Awards. Hours of boredom aren't worth the possibility of seeing a Nintendo-related announcement happen live, and it doesn't even have the occasional chaotic energy that made certain E3 stageshows a glorious mess to behold. Besides, 90% of the stuff I play and actually care about will get snubbed entirely anyway.

Even E3 in its compromised state last year was still more entertaining than Keighley's events.

Oh well.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

mjharper

Bummed there's no E3 this year. You think Nintendo will still put out a E3-style Direct around the middle of June?

mjharper

Switch Friend Code: SW-1710-0829-4896

Ralizah

Has any publisher ever published three top-tier exclusives in as short a time as Nintendo has in Q1 2022 with Pokemon Legends: Arceus, Triangle Strategy, and Kirby and the Forgotten Land?

@mjharper Probably. It's a tradition, if nothing else, and Nintendo hasn't technically been part of E3 for a while.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic