Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 60,461 to 60,480 of 69,983

blindsquirrel

@JaxonH
Samus hunter guessing a direct would happen in February is not some amazing thing. Anyone could see it coming based on the last ten years.

Edited on by blindsquirrel

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

JaxonH

@blindsquarel
It wasn't just guessing the month. It was specifying the exact day.

Or rather, I think it was the Kirby release date. Ya. She nailed the exact release date of Kirby Forgotten Land long before the Direct told us. And, she nailed a previous prediction spot on as well.

So that's not something that can be hand waved away as lucky guessing, unless there was incredibly lightning in a bottle lottery ticket luck involved.

I'm neither gullible nor a skeptic. I assess fairly and rationally based on evidence. Up until recently, I categorized her as a fake.

But recent events have brought me to re-assess, specifically because it wasn't something that could easily be guessed. Certainly not twice in a row, that multiplies probabilities to become incredibly minute by random chance.

But as I said, I'm keeping a close eye so that I can acquire the information necessary to make a proper determination

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Anti-Matter

@Eel
Rugby is different than USA football.
Rugby players wear no metal body armor and helmet, they wear horizontal stripe short sleeves uniform. They have genuine muscular body.
USA football player wear metal body armor to make their body bigger and helmet, they don't necessary have muscular body, the USA football have different ball model than Rugby.
Too bad, I'm not a fan of both Rugby and USA Football.

Anti-Matter

jump

The main difference is in Rugby you can ony pass backwards whilst American Football you can pass either way. Rugby is also a more physical game as it goes on longer and requires alot moe running so you need better cardio and generally has more tackling since it doesn't stop the game.

Really America just took Rugby and changed enough of the rules so they would never have to compete with a national team in the world cup and get shown American exceptionalism isn't real. ;p

I did read an interesting article a few years ago about how American Football has led to the down trend of the American action movies and why so many comic book movies bring in so many non-Americans to fill roles like Thor and Superman. They did in alot more detail but basically in high schools the big and muscular kids are driven away from acting into American Football so more of the drama club kids end up being smaller. As the actor pool becomes made up of smaller actors they are less suitable for the he-man roles of the past resulting in less movies being made and the major action roles of today like comic book movies get filled up with British, Aussie etc actors who's school system are less driven by sports.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

IceClimbers

@JaxonH Wasn't Kirby's release date announced when they dropped the trailer last month?

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

skywake

Anti-Matter wrote:

Rugby players wear no metal body armor and helmet, they wear horizontal stripe short sleeves uniform. They have genuine muscular body.
USA football player wear metal body armor to make their body bigger and helmet, they don't necessary have muscular body, the USA football have different ball model than Rugby.
Too bad, I'm not a fan of both Rugby and USA Football.

And AFL, a game which American's confuse with Rugby, is an anarchic, heavy contact combination of basketball, Gaelic football and involves dudes jumping on each others heads. Clearly the superior sport

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

BruceCM

Oh, is that Aussie rules football, @skywake ....? I've heard about that from people there, lols

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

JaxonH

@IceClimbers
Yes. And that's what confirmed she was correct.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Budda

I don't know if I'm missing something but, is there actually a relevant game announced for May?
I've got the feeling there's should be at least something. 😅

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

BruceCM

Hmm, can't immediately think of any, @Budda .... Plenty of games with 2022 release that could end up in that month, though

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Grumblevolcano

@Budda Not yet and to be honest with 2 in April and 2 in June combined with TPC doing things their own way separate from general Directs nowadays, I feel there'll be something Pokemon in May. There's usually a Pokemon Presents around Pokemon Day (February 27th) so given that day is a Sunday, I'd guess there's one on February 25th.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Budda

Pokemon makes sense. A spinoff I guess.
I initially thought maybe Splatoon 3. But they announced it for summer. I thought about that because Xenoblade got at last a release month September, which is obviously after Splatoon 3? Why didn't Splatoon get a concrete release day then? There's something fishy about that(no pun intended ).

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

JaxonH

Here’s what the current lineup looks like, that we know of

January 2022
Yu-Gi Oh! Master Duel (1/18)
Pokémon Legends: Arceus (1/28)
Windjammers 2 (1/20)
Luminous Avenger X2 (1/27)
February 2022
Ollie Ollie World (2/8)
GTA Trilogy (2/11) retail
Dynasty Warriors 9: Empires (2/15)
Voice of Cards: The Forsaken Maiden (2/17)
Assassin’s Creed Ezio Collection (2/17)
Sol Cresta (2/22)
Monarch (2/22)
Atelier Sophie 2 (2/25)
Life Is Strange True Colors (2/25) retail
March 2022
Triangle Strategy (3/4)
.hack//G.U. Last Recode (3/10)
Chocobo GP (3/10)
Disco Elysium (3/15) retail
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax (3/17)
Gal Gun Double Peace (3/17)
Mario Kart 8 Booster Pack: Wave 1 (3/18)
Rune Factory (3/25)
Kirby and the Forgotten Land (3/25)
April 2022
MLB The Show 22 (4/5)
LEGO Star Wars: Skywalker Saga (4/5)
Chrono Cross (4/7)
Advance Wars 1+2 Re-Boot Camp (4/8)
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim (4/12)
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (4/20)
Zombie Army 4 (4/26)
Nintendo Switch Sports (4/29)
May 2022
The Evil Dead (5/13)
Two Point Campus (5/17)
Touken Ranbu Musou (5/24)
June 2022
Demon Slayer (6/10)
Mario Strikers Battle League (6/10)
Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes (6/24)
A.I Somnium Files: nirvanA Initiative (6/24)
Cuphead: The Delicious Last Course (6/30)
July 2022
Klonoa Phantasy Reverie Series (7/8)
Live A Live (7/22)
August 2022
-
September 2022
Xenoblade Chronicles 3
October 2022
-
November 2022
-
December 2022
-
2022 - TBA
Disney Speedstorm
No Man’s Sky
Portal Companion Collection
Redout 2
Kingdom of Amalur Fate-sworn
Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak
Hollow Knight Silksong
Life Is Strange Remastered Collection
Mario Rabbids Sparks of Hope
Splatoon 3
Bayonetta 3
Zelda Breath of the Wild 2
Digimon Survive
Overwatch 2
Sports Story
Death Come True
Azure Striker Gunvolt 3
Blood Bowl 3
Binding of Isaac Repentance
TMNT Shredder’s Revenge
Kingdom Come: Deliverance
Lord of the Rings: Gollum
Braid
Solomon Program
LEGO Star Wars: Skywalker Saga
Metal Slug Tactics
Marvel Midnight Sun
SD Gundam Battle Alliance
Front Mission 1st
Front Mission 2
Sonic Frontiers
Taiko no Tatsujin Rhythm Festival
RWBY Arrowfell
2023 - Beyond
Metroid Prime 4
Detective Pikachu
Pillars of Eternity 2
Genshin Impact
Trails From Zero
Trails to Azure
Trails into Reverie
Legend of Nayuta: Boundless Trails

Edited on by JaxonH

skywake

BruceCM wrote:

Oh, is that Aussie rules football, @skywake ....? I've heard about that from people there, lols

There's actually an AFL game on the Switch although I'm not entirely sure how good it is, haven't dug into it that much. Also there's apparently another AFL game in the works by a studio who has a bit of a better track record with AFL games. So that might be promising. None of these games really get the attention they deserve but, small market.....

With that said, with the exception of the soccer goals and the lack of marking? The tackle aggression and fast(ish) scoring of Mario Strikers does kinda make the game feel a bit closer to AFL than soccer. It's certainly closer to AFL than Rugby. Basically Mario Strikers is soccer with the aggression of Ice Hockey. AFL is soccer if you could pick up the ball, had a more open goal, a rugby ball, basketball like centres at each stop, and the aggression of Ice Hockey

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Ryu_Niiyama

I don’t know why I thought March was going to be light for me. I may have to limit myself to two games and put the rest on my BF list. Finally getting my stuff out of storage and I am not looking forward to seeing what needs to be replaced.

Looks like at least Rune Factory, MK8DX DLC, Kirby and Triangle Strategy are day one (yeah I know that is more than two but I had Rune Factory and Triangle Strategy preordered already).

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Fizza

So I was just looking through Direct-related tweets on Nintendo UK's Twitter account and uh.... try and spot what's off about this one:

Edited on by Fizza

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

I feel really bad for Chocobo GP. Not only is it coming out shortly before this newly announced first wave of Mario Kart DLC, they also announced a f2p Disney kart racer coming out later in the year. I feel like Chocobo GP is gonna be largely ignored now.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic