Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 60,441 to 60,460 of 69,995

Fizza

@Cynas The Waddle Dee is very wise. ALL HAIL THE WISE WADDLE DEE.

As for those predictions, they're pretty obvious, no? Like, EVERYONE'S talked about rumours of a new FE, Goldeneye coming to Switch and ports of WW and TP HD, I don't think it would be that mind-blowing to see them announced.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Cynas

@Fizza If you check their Twitter they've mentioned a few things besides those 3 games. They do seem like obvious picks but I'd still be pretty stoked if we finally get WW + TP HD ported over.

Cynas

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

Lewchick

Hey guys! I've never played mario strikers before and i'm wondering if it would be fun game for me considering I have no friends that play such games and also don't know anyone who has a switch (this is not a popular platform here in Poland). My point is, is it worth it to get it knowing that i would mostly play alone?? Thanks!

Lewchick

Cynas

Whelp that was short lived.

Cynas

Grumblevolcano

It seems like Legends Arceus is still going extremely well, it's higher in the UK eshop popularity sorting than Fortnite.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Fizza

@Cynas The Waddle Dee was not as wise as we thought.

gcunit

Lewchick wrote:

Hey guys! I've never played mario strikers before and i'm wondering if it would be fun game for me considering I have no friends that play such games and also don't know anyone who has a switch (this is not a popular platform here in Poland). My point is, is it worth it to get it knowing that i would mostly play alone?? Thanks!

If you enjoy the Mario/Mushroom Kingdom cast of characters, and you enjoy football, then there'll definitely be fun to be had. I'm a big fan of the original GameCube version and have only really played that single-player.

To me, the disappointing thing about Battle League is that it's not really adding much depth to what we've had before. I've been crying out for them to make it a bit more simulation-like, because the football gameplay is pretty simplistic: you can dribble, perform a skill move to evade tackles, dash, pass, aerial pass, shoot, head and tackle. On the one hand, that is sufficient for fun gameplay, but you don't get a great deal of variation in the football gameplay because it's only five-a-side and individual players don't have individual skill moves. From the trailer for Battle League it does look like now individual players will have their own special shots, as we see Yoshi performing some sort of egg special shot, which is a positive thing for sure. But I would like the option to expand the football to bigger pitches, eleven-a-side, and have a bit more FIFA/PES style nuance to the football.

What makes Stikers fun though is that as soon as the difficulty is up from rookie, games become a real scrap, smashing opponents off the ball, items flying everywhere, goals don't come easy and the opposition is always a threat - that makes for tense titanic slugfests and when you score a goal it always feels good.

Hopefully Battle League will be brilliant in local multiplayer as it's offering 8-player local on a single Switch, which just sounds epic if you can gather a group of football enthusiasts to play, but even in single player, if you've not played Strikers before then I'm confident there's fun to be had.

I'm not convinced Battle League has got the same soul as that in the GameCube version, but the basic ingredients are the same so can't go too far wrong.

Though I do feel we're past the point now where each new generation of Mario sports games fails to build sufficiently upon what's gone before, as the consensus seems to be regarding the tennis and golf games on Switch, and from a single player perspective the same looks true for Battle League, so I do question the value of each of the three (golf, tennis, football) being full price games and would like to see them bundled.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Ryu_Niiyama

Has Nintendo ever done an American football game before? Granted if Bowser tackled someone, he would likely kill them.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Magician

@Ryu_Niiyama

NES Play Action Football

Edit: As well as Super Play Action Football. I didn't know about that one, lol.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Ryu_Niiyama

@Magician hmm, Both Play Action games were developed by TOSE who co owns Starfy. So nothing fully in house or by a “Nintendo only” dev. TOSE works with Sony as well. Still good to know. Thank you.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Magician

@Ryu_Niiyama

shrug

Just Googled and saw that Nintendo EAD 3 was attached.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Ryu_Niiyama

@Magician I used wikipedia. So I could be wrong. I have never played either.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Magician

@Ryu_Niiyama

NES PAF was awful. All the kids my age preferred Tecmo Bowl and Tecmo Super Bowl.

Tecmo Super Bowl III was pretty special too.

Fizza

@Cynas OH MY GOD IT WAS JON ALL ALONG. WHAT A F******* TWIST.

Cynas

@Fizza Hah, never would have expected that! He did a pretty good job with it.

Cynas

Ryu_Niiyama

I feel bad that I all noticed in the video was all the Zelda stuff in the background. I didn't even listen to him.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

JaxonH

What a legend.

This needed to be done. I keep telling ppl the “leakers” who live on Twitter and their whole account is devoted to leaks, who delete wrong tweets to make themselves look more accurate… they aren’t leakers.

Samus Hunter and definitely Markomaro come to mind.

I must admit though, despite being wrong wrong wrong wrong, soooo wrong for sooo long, Samus Hunter has actually been correct the last 2 times in a row, one of which was giving the specific date of the Direct well in advance. Idk if she just faked it so long she finally got a source, or if it was miraculous luck, but I can’t deny the evidence in front of me. I’m currently reassessing her but the jury is still out. I’ll have to see a few more correct predictions before I put my trust in anything she says.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Eel

Ryu_Niiyama wrote:

Has Nintendo ever done an American football game before? Granted if Bowser tackled someone, he would likely kill them.

There’s apparently American football in some of the Mario & Sonic games, but I’m not sure who makes those.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

blindsquirrel

@Eel
That’s rugby. Very similar but not the same. I am far from an expert on rugby but from what I know it is basically a less controlled football

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic