Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 60,361 to 60,380 of 60,977

Ralizah

I'll probably pick up a FE Warriors sequel if they include a version with the Three Houses cast. Definitely the best cast of any of the FE games I've played to date.

Currently Playing
Shin Megami Tensei V (NS)

JaxonH

@Buizel
Not too invested in the story, but it's good enough for what it is as a means to an end- a reason to be fighting.

I just like the characters and dialog and the grid based tactics. I finished Black Eagles siding with the church, and have my save file for right before the decision point so I can finish it siding against the Church, and I started a 2nd playthrough for Blue Lions, which I'm past the intermission on.

But ya, it's just such a great game, and chock full of content. 4 possible paths in the main game plus the DLC path- I love that. It means every time I get an itch to play it again I can get a somewhat different experience.

As for Fire Emblem Warriors they missed a lot of opportunities there. Three Houses expansion would have been incredible. But, I get it. The best selling FE game is around 3m, whereas Zelda is like 25m. When you make a Warriors spinoff, only a certain % of the fanbase will buy it. That's ok when it's Zelda, as even 20% ends up being 4-5m sold. But when you're talking Fire Emblem at 3m, it's a struggle to each reach 1m copies sold. It's a miracle it's done as well as it has.

I'm just glad it exists though. Every library needs 1 or 2 good Warriors games. And for me, on Switch, that's Fire Emblem Warriors and Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity. I would say Persona 5 Strikers but that's not a Warriors game at all, really (definitely a must have though- that game is incredible).

PLAYING
NS: Shin Megami Tensei V, MH Rise
3DS:
Steam: Forza Horizon 5
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR
NS: MH Rise Sunbreak, Bayonetta 3, Splatoon 3, Triangle Strategy, Zelda BotW 2, Metroid Prime 4

Jesus is Lord.

Blooper987

Today I told myself “screw it, imma get Oxenfree and see if it’s good. I’ll probably just put it down after a couple minutes.” One day later and I finished one play through and am ready to start another.

Let’s just say I liked it a bit more than I though lol

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

JaxonH

I’m gonna go to bat for Crysis 2 Remastered and Crysis 3 Remastered. These games are incredible!

I’d kinda written off the series after playing the first, but my goodness, the two sequels are on another level entirely. They’re so good. Absolute top notch budget and visual presentation. Quite possibly the best looking handheld games I’ve ever seen. Gyro works perfectly as expected, shooting mechanics feel more fluid, movement is great, 4 difficulty options to cater to just about any skill level, and the stealth suit is amazing. It’s kind of a mix between stealth games like Splinter Cell, and action FPS like Wolfenstein. The main theme music is super good, and the story is surprisingly interesting. There’s really good HD rumble implemented as well. In Crysis 2, as the submarine went by underwater, I felt the vibrations gradually increase in a crescendo that truly awed me.

If you can cop the 2nd or 3rd one for cheap, don’t hesitate. These games have notably surpassed my expectations.

Also, DKC Tropical Freeze. I’ve 100% this game twice, and I just keep coming back to it. It’s perfection. Literal perfection. I used to play DKC Returns every other year as tradition, I just loved it so much. And that’s translated to Tropical Freeze. It feels kind of weird to say this but I actually had tears of joy when they revealed this game at e3 2013. DKC was my childhood, and Tropical Freeze in HD was what I’d always dreamed of. But I never thought it would see full parity as a handheld game so soon after. And playing it on the OLED with Vivid colors on and Hifiman Arya headphones? Oh my gosh. The evolution from 3DS in 240p on LCD (ultra-cheap LCD at that) with one analog stick and speakers on par with an alarm clock, to the Nintendo Switch in 720p on OLED with full button set and endgame-tier headphones… it’s been revelatory. I never knew handheld gaming could be this high quality.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
3DS:
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR
NS: MH Rise Sunbreak, Bayonetta 3, Splatoon 3, Triangle Strategy, Zelda BotW 2, Metroid Prime 4

Jesus is Lord.

JaxonH

Strategy fan? Switch in 2022 has you covered.

Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
3DS:
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

Ryu_Niiyama

Oh snap Ultraman is gonna be in Super Robot Wars 30. Can’t wait for the version with all the DLC baked in to come out!

@JaxonH All I see is a cratering of my bank account. I swear at this rate I won’t even need a series x or ps5. Too much to play!

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

JaxonH

@Ryu_Niiyama
I mean, despite owning a PS5 and PC, I rarely ever buy games for them. It'll break your bank just trying to keep up with all the games worth playing on the hybrid handheld. Like, it's good to have a fallback for that rare, occasional game that you really, really want to play (for me, such as when the next Monster Hunter releases) but barring that, there's too many games consistently releasing on Switch to play them all.

Granted, I have pretty broad taste and play just about everything. Some ppl only play RPGs, or platformers, or open world shooters, or FPS, or fighting games. If you're limited in scope you can probably keep up ok. But for anyone who plays a wide variety of games across various genres, Switch is all you really need.

And that's pretty impressive given last gen, it took both the Wii U and 3DS (and some PS4 on the side) to keep me satisfied.

@NintendoByNature
And if a new Fire Emblem gets announced too? Oh man. And you know we're due for one. Three Houses will be 4 yrs old next year. We're definitely getting a new FE announced, probably by e3 at the latest. Even if it's an Echoes remake, I'm good with that. In fact, let's see a Radiance Collection. Throw a casual mode in, HD coat of paint, bundle Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn together, and bam. $60 will have never flown out of my pockets so fast...

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
3DS:
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

Anti-Matter

@JaxonH
I have a different decision for multi console games.
As I have both Switch and PS4, I have decided to get more PS4 version for multi console games as I want to give a chance to build the quantity of my PS4 games as if i decided to choose All Switch version, my PS4 games quantity will definitely way fewer by my Switch games quantity.

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Ralizah

I literally don't have time for all these games, lol.

Well, I guess it's good the next-gen consoles are looking very skippable, considering the chip shortage and all. Hopefully by the time Nintendo's next device releases we can actually buy stuff in stores again instead of everything evaporating the moment preorders open.

But yeah, until then, the good times don't seem to be ending any time soon. Nintendo consoles don't usually enjoy such strong support this late into their life spans, do they?

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing
Shin Megami Tensei V (NS)

JaxonH

@Ralizah
No, they don't. Historically Nintendo platforms tend to peak around year 2-3, and quickly decline afterward. Exception being the Nintendo DS, and although Wii did peak at year 3, it actually tailed off pretty well for the next 5 years.

Historical Nintendo Hardware Sales Trends
Untitled

Nintendo DS Sales Trend
Untitled

As we can see, DS was the outlier, peaking around year 5, and in doing so, went on to sell 154 million units.

Switch sales trends most closely match the DS.

PLAYING
3DS:
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

Pizzamorg

Picked up my Switch properly for the first time in weeks, wanted to download a new game only to find the whole online functionality is down for maintenance for hours. Pain.

My @ handle everywhere is Pizzamorg.
My Friend Code is: SW-6997-6872-4381
Switch games currently playing: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Shin Megami Tensei V. Pokemon Shield.
Non-Switch games I am currently playing: Life is Strange: True Colors.

NintendoByNature

@JaxonH yes yes yes!! More fire emblem please. 3H was one of my surprise favorites on the switch. Same with Mario + Rabbids. It was a genre I didn't realize I loved until a couple years ago. So, I'm ALL IN on a new FE.

NintendoByNature

Tom-Smo

@JaxonH On which site did you find all of these charts ?

Edited on by Tom-Smo

Tom-Smo

JaxonH

@Tom-Smo
Statistica. They're THE site when it comes to stats.

@NintendoByNature
I used to tell myself, "I'm not really a fan of strategy games, I just like Fire Emblem. It's the exception."

But then I played Valkyria Chronicles and was like, "oh, OK so there's two exceptions now". Then I played Stella Glow. Then I played Civilization VI. Then Mario Rabbids. Then X-COM 2. Triangle Strategy demo. Etc etc.

Turns out, I am a fan of strategy. It just has to be quality strategy.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
3DS:
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

JaxonH

@Pizzamorg
Online isn't down, just the eShop as they're doing maintenance for the 30 minutes prior to N64 launch.

You can still re-download games if their icon is on the system and still play games online. eShop should re-open any second now, but I am expecting a crash from the traffic jam downloading N64

PLAYING
3DS:
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

NintendoByNature

@JaxonH had a whole reply typed up and even hit post reply. Its gone? Lol. I'm in agreement with you, is basically the gist of it.

NintendoByNature

Pizzamorg

JaxonH wrote:

@Pizzamorg
Online isn't down, just the eShop as they're doing maintenance for the 30 minutes prior to N64 launch.

You can still re-download games if their icon is on the system and still play games online. eShop should re-open any second now, but I am expecting a crash from the traffic jam downloading N64

Oh it looked like everything was down here. I checked around 1am and it was down for maintenance then, it is now gone 2am and I still cannot get in. I really wish they'd let me activate a code outside of the Shop, if the online functionality is still operational.

My @ handle everywhere is Pizzamorg.
My Friend Code is: SW-6997-6872-4381
Switch games currently playing: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Shin Megami Tensei V. Pokemon Shield.
Non-Switch games I am currently playing: Life is Strange: True Colors.

JaxonH

@Pizzamorg
eShop is live again.

PLAYING
3DS:
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic