Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 60,341 to 60,360 of 69,981

Ryu_Niiyama

@Link-Hero diamond and pearl are linked to legends and have a number of references apparently (which was my point), but anyway it doesn’t really matter. I’ll play something else instead. You’re making this sound like more prep than I wanna go through. Thanks for the heads up, you saved me some cash.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Ralizah

@Ryu_Niiyama @Link-Hero From what I've seen, The Hinokami Chronicles does a good job of filling in newcomers on the important parts of the story. Obviously it's not the ideal way to experience the story of this series, but it'll probably work out well enough for someone who wants to enjoy the game without being confused.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Ryu_Niiyama

@Ralizah it’s not a big deal. I only had a mild interest because it looked somewhat cool, but I have a massive backlog anyway so I’m not missing anything if I sidestep this one. Triangle Strategy is gonna take me several months as is.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Budda

So apparently there's a sale starting Thursday 2pm UK time. The February-Fest(?). Got it from the news section on the Switch.
I thought, what a weird time to start a sale and got some Direct vibes for some reason. 😅

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

Anti-Matter

Remember Oddballs by Ubisoft ?
The game got Code in Box treatment for Switch version as I found from play-asia.
That was pointless...

Anti-Matter

Pizzamorg

Budda wrote:

So apparently there's a sale starting Thursday 2pm UK time. The February-Fest(?). Got it from the news section on the Switch.
I thought, what a weird time to start a sale and got some Direct vibes for some reason. 😅

Waiting to see if Olliolli shows up in it, to make my decision between Switch or PC.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

JaxonH

Nintendo Direct tomorrow.

Nintendo has spoken.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

alexwolf

40 minutes Direct, let's get hyped!!!

alexwolf

Anti-Matter

I really want ARMS get sequel.
When I saw something like quirky Boxing things from the Direct, please tell me it will be ARMS 2 announcement.

Anti-Matter

link3710

@JaxonH Just counted them up on the Wikipedia list. 2/3 of the console games (So not counting PC only series like Total War, and also ignoring all Genesis rereleases because otherwise Ages skews the numbers in Switch's favor) that Sega has put out since the Switch's launch are available on Switch. Of the others, a few are exclusives. So I'd say overall their support has been decent, it's their output that's been meh.

link3710

1UP_MARIO

Everything is a bonus. Wahoooo.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

JaxonH

@link3710
I think that sounds better than it is, for the reasons specified. They supported well the first year, but after that their output essentially dropped to Sonic, Monkey Ball, Puyo Puyo, Retro games, etc.

No core series. No Yakuza. No Sakura Wars. No Shenmue. No Virtua Fighter. And it's not that I even really care about any of those games much, but it does bother me they don't put any of them on Switch. It's like they think Switch gamers are either kids looking for cartoons or old timers who care for nothing but retro titles.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ryu_Niiyama

Nice! Very interested in what Nintendo has to say. As usual no predictions. Just hype.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Magician

Anti-Matter wrote:

I really want ARMS get sequel.
When I saw something like quirky Boxing things from the Direct, please tell me it will be ARMS 2 announcement.

@Anti-Matter
Most likely won't happen considering ARMS and Splatoon are the same development teams.

And they're probably too busy with Splatoon 3.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

IceClimbers

Expecting a big focus on Kirby and Splatoon 3.

Gimme Metroid Prime Remaster please and thank you

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Grumblevolcano

@Magician Isn't ARMS the Mario Kart team? Given Mario Kart has been on hiatus for awhile, if no new Mario Kart is incoming then ARMS 2 could be a possibility.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ralizah

@JaxonH If 13 Sentinels is making the leap, I wouldn't be surprised to see a port of Sakura Wars announced. I really thought Vanillaware would be the longest holdout. And Sakura Wars has appeared on a Nintendo handheld before, so there's precedent.

Anyway, Sega support gets a big boost from them owning Atlus. Even if they're not pumping out masterpieces twice a year like they did on 3DS, support from them has still heated up these last couple of years.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Ryu_Niiyama

I would love for vanillaware to dip into its ps2 rpgs and bring them forward. But I would do something silly for muramasa rebirth.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

JaxonH

I'm not expecting Metroid Prime remaster at this direct, for two reasons. First, it's too soon after Dread. Second,the game won't slot into the first half of the year, which is what this Direct is focusing on. I expect Metroid Prime remaster to be an e3 reveal with a Sept/Oct release, similar to Samus Returns (announced at e3, released Sept) and Dread (announced at e3, released Oct).

I do, however, expect Fire Emblem. It's been 3 years. It's time. I'd peg a July release same as Three Houses.

I also expect Xenoblade this year, but I'm not sure if it'll be announced in this Direct. Feels like a holiday title. Unless it's a XCX port, in which case, it could release this summer.

And, just to prepare everyone mentally... it seems there's gonna be a 3-4 Switch (or whatever the heck they decide to call it). Just... fair warning- don't want anyone to be devastated when they see it. So... ya. Expect it. Feels like a May release.

Splatoon 3, that feels like a late June or early July title, which would allow them to hype it one more time at e3 just before release (which is the approach they took for Splatoon 2 in 2017).

This would allow August to be Mario Rabbids, and Advance Wars to slot into April.

I also expect Batman Arkham Collection, and maybe Alan Wake Remastered as well on the 3rd party side.

Also, more info on Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak. More info on Triangle Strategy. More info on Kirby. I don't see Zelda at this Direct. I don't see Bayonetta at this Direct. Oh, and IF Goldeneye is coming to Switch Online, this Direct will likely showcase it.

Edited on by JaxonH

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic