Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 60,381 to 60,400 of 69,980

JaxonH

Ya, we need a new 2D Mario that follows up as a modern day sequel to Super Mario World, with a modernized similar artstyle, level design, and it's own new mechanics to freshen things up.

But I'm not expecting to get one this generation.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

MarioVillager92

@JaxonH I'd love that! Super Mario World is my favorite 2D Mario, so I'd like to see them build on what made SMW great in the first place. Kinda like how Metroid Dread built upon the other 2D Metroid games, I liked it as much as Super Metroid to be honest.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

JaxonH

Portal and Portal 2!!!

OH MY GOSH!!!

I've died. This can't be real. It can't be! THE REASON I BOUGHT A VITA! THE DREAM OF THE STEAMDECK! It's on Switch!

I can't believe it.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

XENOBLADE CHRONICLES 3!!!

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

JaxonH

In true Nintendo fashion, they delivered, just not what was expected.

I would have liked to see Batman confirmed, and a new Fire Emblem, but I'm sure those will be announced by e3.

But what we did get was incredibly exciting!

• Mario Strikers
  • Fire Emblem Three Hopes
  • No Man's Sky
  • Zombie Army 4
  • Switch Sports
  • Portal + Portal 2
  • 48 new Mario Kart 8 tracks
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3
  • Chrono Cross Remastered
  • Klanoa Fantasy Reverie Series

And a ton of other stuff that could be good. Star Wars Force Unleashed was a nice bonus, especially with optional motion.

Oh, and a Triangle Strategy demo up to Chapter 3 that transfers to the full game, available now... that's dope. In fact let me go download that now.

kkslider5552000

This is one of those cases where sticking with Nintendo has worked out well for me with No Man's Sky. I got to avoid the game's tragically disappointing launch and now get to experience the game as it was meant to be (more or less).

...assuming the game runs well on Switch, which I think is a pretty big assumption. Hope for the best though.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

JaxonH

I still can't believe Valve is bringing the legendary Portal and Portal 2, two of the most beloved games of all time and Valve's top 1st party exclusive (though it's not exclusive anymore- they ported it to PS3 and 360 via Orange Box collection, and now Switch).

But, I thought Valve's days of releasing games on consoles was over. They haven't published a game on console in what... over a decade? The Orange Box release on 360/PS3 was the last time I can remember. I thought for sure they had no interest in ever bringing their games to a console again. Why now? What changed?

I bet it's the Steamdeck.

I bet they want as many Switch players to be aware of Valve as possible. And the best way to do that, is put your best timeless classic on Switch, and hope it leads to brand awareness and perhaps even spark curiosity and interest Steam Deck. Not a bad play, I must admit.

But THANK GOD. Seriously. This has been the dream for so long. Handheld Portal was the single concept that sold me on buying a Vita. I thought for sure Orange Box would get ported... but it never did. It just never came. This is surreal. We're ACTUALLY getting Portal and Portal 2?

Do Switch gamers even understand the significance of these games? These are two of the highest rated, most beloved games OF ALL TIME. These are up there with Half Life 2, Zelda Ocarina of Time, and Metroid Prime. Any short list worth its salt of the best video games ever created, will have Portal or Portal 2 near the top.

If you haven't played Portal, or Portal 2, you have to play these games. You absolutely MUST.

Aozz101x

I'm happy that Mario Strikers is coming back.
Nintendo Switch Sports looks promising. a little disappointing that some of sports (like Golf) will be future free updates, and the new characters will take to get use to. (happy that Miis are confirmed though)

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

Commandervide0

I bought the portal games years ago on steam for dirt cheap but wouldnt run on my crappy pc so ill probably get them on switch

Commandervide0

NintendoByNature

So It was an ok direct. At first( for me), it peaked at fire emblem warriors. And I was even slightly disappointed that it wasn't a full blown FE game. And almost every announcement after was just ok for me. For the games we didn't know about, Interested in strikers, live a live, chrono cross, and klanoa. EB on nso is cool, but im not sure how much milage ill get considering i never beat either on wii u. I was pretty bummed arkham collection wasn't confirmed as well. The savior of the show was without a doubt, xc3. If not for that, I would've been pretty disappointed. It was a decent 7/10 direct for me. Something tells me for E3(if there's a direct then), Nintendo will pull out all the stops.

What I wanted that didn't make the cut...
-as I said, new real deal FE
-dkc
-new mario platformer
-RE
-and most importantly, ANYTHING zelda related

I guess I'm somewhat glad I'm not overly amped for all the releases in the next 6 months. Gives me time to get through xc2, triangle strategy, Kirby, and some of my ol backlog sprinkled in. Maybe even mlb the show. With splatoon 3 capping off the summer.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Snatcher

Is there difference between the earthbound on Nes, and SNES, or are they the same game, just need to be sure.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Ralizah

@Snatcher Different games. Earthbound Beginnings (AKA Mother) is the first game in the series. Earthbound (AKA Mother 2) was the sequel on SNES.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

IceClimbers

That was an EXCELLENT Direct.

MARIO STRIKERS IS BACK BABY!!!!

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe getting an extra FOURTY EIGHT courses as DLC for only $25 is excellent news even if they're all remastered. Does mean we're not getting Mario Kart 9 for quite a while, but I'm okay with that if it means the team is working on something more interesting. MK8D will be one of Nintendo's best selling games ever haha

Nintendo Switch Sports is a megaton, and will do extremely well. I'm excited for it!

Chrono Cross remaster? Klonoa and Portal collections???!!! Live a Live HD2D remake??!!! Just YES.

Xenoblade 3 coming this year though??? Holy ****.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Snatcher

@Ralizah Thanks! Nes mother here I come.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Magician

Well I suppose now we know what Next Level Games have been working on since Luigi's Mansion 3 shipped, lol. I hope Mario Strikers sells 10m+ copies like LM3 did. Help keep it in the rotation of one game per generation like Golf and Tennis.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

IceClimbers

@JaxonH So great news: the Portal collection will only be $20

JaxonH

@IceClimbers
Ya? That's incredibly cheap for being new releases on Switch. I mean, I know they sell SUPER cheap in sales on Steam, but... that's on Steam. This is a debut release not just for Nintendo hardware, but also current gen systems, and handheld (and here I thought Steamdeck would finally debut portable Portal! Well, it still might if this doesn't release by the end of the month... but still).

Honestly, I'd have paid pretty much anything for these games. Like, full $60 each, without even blinking. Aside from perhaps Metroid Prime, I can't think of a single game I've wanted more on handheld than Portal 2. This is IT. I've been waiting for this day for TEN LONG YEARS.

gcunit

That was a great Direct. Sure, there's a lot of remakes and ports of old games, but all together it made for a great selection of games.

Gotta be said though, there were a few disappointing moments in there. New Mario Strikers is great in theory, but the visuals left me a bit cold, it seemed all a bit clean and clinical. The GameCube original is so rich in flair and fun, and Battle League looked just a bit lacking in that, kinda reminding me of how the Mario Golf on Switch looks (not that I've bothered getting it yet). And all that body armour stuff? Could be an engaging gameplay aspect, but it looked kinda... funky, and I don't mean the cool type of funky.

Then, as great as a Portal collection is, there's the rub that it's not part of an updated Orange Box type collection.

Switch Sports? Fantastic, been asking for this since basically Day 0 of Switch, but the fact it's not a complete release, with golf and soccer updates to come later, is a downer for physical buyers. And a pity it's not more of a Sports Resort sequel instead, with island exploration. Interesting to see what the RRP is for it, and whether there's any more details yet to be announced.

Mother 1 and 2 available on NSO? Terrific. But the continued lack of a physical collection of the trilogy is getting so painful. I really thought it was coming today when the Direct started teasing Earthbound.

Klonoa collection? Great. But I've got those games, and the Wii remake. A new game in the series kinda feels due and justified for a Switch collection.

But please, don't misunderstand me. I loved the Direct. Just had a few personal elbows in the ribs moments.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Ryu_Niiyama

Disclaimer: I had to bail before the Direct finished because I had a meeting. So I need to watch this and the Japanese Directs in full.

I'm not a pure nintendo owner, but this feels like a smashing direct for pure nintendo owners. Portal, Klonoa even Ezio are nice gets if you never owned other systems. And nice revisits and portability if you do.

I'm excited in some fashion for all of it except the disney game (since it is f2p) ...

However Strikers, Live A Live (even though I have played it before but this is the first time in english), Chrono Cross (which I personally enjoyed more than trigger...), FE3H Warriors (somebody is hacking my computer at KT), and switch sports were my big hitters, all I really needed was a good fighting game and I would have lost it. That being said the year is already packed for me so I'm NOT looking forward to E3 at this point. I can't afford it. Time or money....lol. So glad I'm getting my tv back this year.

For the Japan Direct I am curious about the new Taiko risshiden but I still gotta finish Nobunaga no Yaibou so that will be a wishlist game. Still trying to figure out how I feel about Loop 8.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

IceClimbers

@JaxonH Yeah, I was expecting it to be $30 or even $40, not $20. Steal of a price for two of the best games ever made.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic