Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 59,721 to 59,740 of 64,759

JaxonH

@skywake
Should've been 256gb, tbh! But... ya. It is what it is.

If SanDisk would just hurry up and release 2TB microSD it wouldn't even be an issue.

PLAYING
NS: Xenoblade Chronicles 3, Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak, Portal 1/2
STEAM/DECK: Monster Hunter World
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

Ralizah

I'm glad they priced Fatal Frame V reasonably. $40 is a great price for a touched up Wii U port.

Hopefully they follow through on offering a 25% launch discount on Tetris Effect. If they do, I'll be able to afford both games without having to add any more money to my account.

Then you add Metroid and Disco Elysium? Really solid month.

Edited on by Ralizah

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

IceClimbers

@skywake Agreed there, it really should have been 128GB at least.

I had similar thoughts to the recently reissued Quest 2s that have 128GB for the base model instead of 64GB. Like really Facebook, why didn't it have that much to start with?! Especially since there's no way to expand the storage and games are starting to get bigger in size (Walking Dead Saints & Sinners in particular). At least the Switch can use micro SD cards.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Anti-Matter

I'm so happy to see more kids and casual games for both Nintendo Switch and PS4 by OG Games and Microids during October and November 2021. 😀
I really want to see more games like that since I like kind of those games from Wii and NDS era.
Currently, Team17 + Microids + OG Games are my combos for kids and casual games.

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Zuljaras

Anti-Matter wrote:

I'm so happy to see more kids and casual games for both Nintendo Switch and PS4 by OG Games and Microids during October and November 2021. 😀
I really want to see more games like that since I like kind of those games from Wii and NDS era.
Currently, Team17 + Microids + OG Games are my combos for kids and casual games.

The best kids game from Team17 for me is Blasphemous! Absolutely cute and amazing game!!!

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/05/random-doom-fan-has-a-novel-way-to-display-a-destroyed-switch-cartridge

Anti-Matter

@Zuljaras
Team17 games in my list = Overcooked All You Can Eat, Moving Out, Epic Chef.
Still waiting for My Time at Sandrock on consoles version.

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Grumblevolcano

So much going on. Nintendo Life indie spotlight stream on Monday, Smash Ultimate stream and Monkey Ball on Tuesday, Metroid on Friday.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
Oh my.

I just realized most ppl don't have Monkey Ball yet.

But I do! The digital deluxe version released early. Monkey Target is amazing! Monkey Bowling hard mode is as impossible as ever! The main game is muah!

It's so good. So so so so good. It's so good, it's actually hard to not feel resentful about all the "superfan" reviews that bashed it as mediocrity while nitpicking ever so slight differences. 7/10 my keaster. If this isn't a timeless classic Idk what is

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

Anti-Matter

Re:Legend by Magnus Games has been shown from 505 Games TGS 2021 and the game will get console release in November 2021 ! 😃

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Pizzamorg

Quick question. Due to some personal stuff, I will be flying out to see my family (the flight is about four hours) on Monday in a completely unplanned trip. I planned to take my first proper trip with my Switch later in the year, but now this has come up, so my prep goes out of the window. Are there any good, cheap, games that are good for short bursts for these sorts of circumstances that I can load my Switch up with?

My @ handle everywhere is Pizzamorg.
My Friend Code is: SW-6997-6872-4381
Switch games currently playing: RingFit Adventure. Live A Live.
PC games currently playing: The Division 2. Watchdogs: Legion. Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak. Dark Pictures Anthology.

Anti-Matter

@Pizzamorg
Short burst = Overcooked All You Can Eat, Moving Out, ARMS, Puyo Puyo Tetris 2, Penguin Wars

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

JaxonH

@Pizzamorg
Honestly, because Switch can be put into sleep mode in an instant and resumed in an instant, virtually all games are great for handheld mode.

I still think there’s something to be said for pick up and play games though. I myself am going down to Richmond, Indiana next week because my job is sending me to help with our newly acquired plant down there, and I’ll be taking my Switch as well (obviously).

Here are some ideas…

Cruis’n Blast (which you already own)
Hot Wheels (it’s fun)
Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania (it’s fun)
Monster Hunter Rise (quick 15 minute quests work great for handheld)
Great Ace Attorney Chronicles (low commitment, save any time)
Club House Games (51 games, there’s gotta be at least half a dozen games you like)
DKC Tropical Freeze (super fun, 5-10 min stages lend well to handheld)
Super Mario 3D World (same reason)
Trials Rising (incredible game, analog stick works for Switch very well)
Tony Hawk PS1/2 (THE pick up and play game of our generation)
Warioware Get It Together (self explanatory)
Doom Eternal (quick and fast paced reaction based gameplay)

There’s plenty more. I didn’t even mention Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Rocket League, Smash, Mario Golf, Mario Tennis, etc. but that can at least get your brain spinning.

Then again I’ve played engrossing, complex games in handheld and tabletop portably and they’ve worked basically just as well. Games like Sniper Elite 4 (though I’m not sure how the gyroscope and accelerometer would react to being in a plane going hundreds of mph?)

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

Eel

Pokemon, Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, Piczle Lines, Stardew Valley, Breath of the Wild, Puzzle & Watch, Farming Simulator, Namco Museum, Uno.

The list goes on.

And yes, with sleep mode, basically any game is "pick up and play"!

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Pizzamorg

Thanks for the recommendations all, time to head over to the eshop and do some loading up.

My @ handle everywhere is Pizzamorg.
My Friend Code is: SW-6997-6872-4381
Switch games currently playing: RingFit Adventure. Live A Live.
PC games currently playing: The Division 2. Watchdogs: Legion. Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak. Dark Pictures Anthology.

JaxonH

So, remember when the OLED was announced and the internet collectively declared that it "for sure WILL be an inferior pentile display pattern"?

Turns out, it's not. But of course, anyone who even dared to suggest it may be otherwise was mocked to scorn.

RGB OLED Display
Untitled

Switch OLED Display
Untitled

You can see the pattern is very similar, and seems to match the S-stripe RGB layout of the Galaxy Note 2. Definitely not Pentile, which only uses 2 subpixels per pixel instead of 3. Not that I think it would have made much of a visible difference either way. The whole pentile thing was blown way out of proportion anyways. At the end of the day, what matters is, "does it look better".

Still, nice to know that not only is this an OLED Display, it's a top of the line OLED display. And particularly nice considering most Samsung OLEDs have adopted pentile matrix.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

MarioLover92

@JaxonH I'd love to get my hands on Banana Mania sometime, glad to hear you think it's really good. I never played the first game or Deluxe, but I played SMB2 a ton when I was a child. Really wanna get Cruis'n Blast too.

Nintendo Life's self-proclaimed #1 Mario fan!

SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

JaxonH

@MarioLover92
It’s stuffed to the brim with content. All kinds. First two games included, Plus you can unlock the extra DX mode with the added Deluxe stages, you can unlock Reverse Mode, Dark Banana mode, Golden Banana mode, 23 original stages with unchanged difficulty, challenge mode with rankings, party mode with 12 mini games, and each mini game has multiple modes… plus tons of characters, outfits, balls, accessories… it’s chock full of content.

And the stages are so original and creative. I love it. You can also purchase the ability to optionally turn on jump, which really helps with a few stages that I was right at the end, but lost momentum and couldn’t get through the goal, but by going in the options and turning on jump, I was able to quickly finish the stage instead of having to restart. It doesn’t store your completed time if you use jump but, if you’re having trouble beating the stage that’s a fair trade off. You can also enable helper mode, which doubles the allotted time and gives you a slow motion feature when holding R, which makes the brutally painful stages actually possible to beat. They are still challenging as heck even with the slow motion, but these are stages that I would never be in a million years otherwise. Yet suddenly they become a fun challenge that’s not impossible.

One thing I will say though, is I have a deeper appreciation for Banana Blitz after playing this. That game had a much better difficulty curve. To the point where you didn’t need any helper mode to get through stages. It had the jump ability by default but the stages were designed with that in mind. I found banana blitz to be just the right difficulty. It got really hard in the last few worlds and to this day I don’t think I’ve been in the 9th world which was a bonus unlock, but it’s about as perfect as you could ask for in terms of a difficulty curve. It also had the catchiest theme song of the entire series. This game’s new music is lame as heck. I turned original music on because it was so mediocre.

Still, thanks to this game including the helper mode it also has a pretty good difficulty curve.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

MarioLover92

@JaxonH That sounds like a really good package, thanks for your thoughts. You literally have to buy the jump, though? Or is that done with in-game currency? I did see the DLC for the game and it shows stuff like the classic soundtrack and the Sega consoles.

Nintendo Life's self-proclaimed #1 Mario fan!

SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

JaxonH

@MarioLover92
In game currency. Collecting bananas, beating stages gives a few hundred bananas, beating missions can give 300-1000 bananas and there's tons of missions.

There's some DLC too but I bought the deluxe package because I love these games and want all of it. But it's just the original models, original music, and some characters. Can easily skip. Still, I think it's cool having those characters and music and stuff.

PLAYING
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

Giancarlothomaz

@JaxonH octobre 8th can't come sooner enough, i can't wait to finaly play Metroid Dread in my extended battery Switch.

i like HD Rumble.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic