Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 59,741 to 59,760 of 65,488

JaxonH

@Giancarlothomaz
It’s gonna be a big day… for a lot of ppl.

PLAYING
NS: Splatoon 3, Xenoblade 3, MH Rise Sunbreak, Radiant Silvergun and dozens of other STGs
PC/SD:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

Matroska

So hyped! This is quite the moment given how long we've been waiting.

Untitled

Edit: It's actually hard to start playing, I had the same thing with FFVIIR since that was also so eagerly anticipated. 🤯

Edited on by Matroska

Matroska

MarioLover92

@Matroska You're quite lucky! My copy hasn't even shipped yet. I think I have to wait until launch day like everyone else.

Nintendo Life's self-proclaimed #1 Mario fan!

SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

Ralizah

@Matroska You got this way early, holy crud.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

JaxonH

Oh man... the Metroid hype is hitting hard now. I've been waiting for this day since I bought a 3DS and Wii U 10 years ago and got into gaming as a hobby.

Didn't play many games as a teenager or young adult (so many other things going on at that time), but one game I did play was Metroid Prime 2. Loved it so much, played Metroid Prime after. When the Wii launched, I didn't know who this Zelda character was with a green elf hat- my hype was focused on Metroid Prime 3 (though I did also play Twilight Princess as my first Zelda, loved it a ton also).

From the day I got that Wii U, I dreamed of the next Metroid game in the HD era. Surely it would be announced at the next e3 Direct. Right? e3s came and went. But never any HD Metroid.

And yet, the year is 2021. We've fast forwarded through the Dark Age of Nintendo and have arrived safely 3 days before the launch of the first ever HD Metroid. We're there

PLAYING
NS: Splatoon 3, Xenoblade 3, MH Rise Sunbreak, Radiant Silvergun and dozens of other STGs
PC/SD:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

NintendoByNature

I keep strolling into Walmart to see if they have a copy available lol

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

I keep mashing the A button for the game icon on the main menu.

Just... let... me... IN already!!!!

Ooh, btw, guess what we're getting this weekend? A Monster Hunter Rise theme for Tetris 99 via the Maximus Cup!! And it has multiple songs, and busts out the epic and climactic "Proof of a Hero" when you make it down to the final 10 or so.

Hype!

Untitled

PLAYING
PC/SD:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

Ralizah

Damn, between Tetris Effect and the start of that Monster Hunter Rise event, Oct. 8th is looking mighty fine for Nintendo fans who love Tetris. I also love the little symbols on the tetriminoes. That might become my go-to theme for a while.

Edited on by Ralizah

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

Clyde_Radcliffe

Ralizah wrote:

Damn, between Tetris Effect and the start of that Monster Hunter Rise event, Oct. 8th is looking mighty fine for Nintendo fans who love Tetris. I also love the little symbols on the tetriminoes. That might become my go-to theme for a while.

I don't get how Tetris Effect is out on Friday but we still have no price on the eShop or even any footage since the announcement trailer...

Clyde_Radcliffe

Clyde_Radcliffe

Ralizah wrote:

I don't get how Tetris Effect is out on Friday but we still have no price on the eShop or even any new footage since the announcement trailer...

Clyde_Radcliffe

GamingBread

@X-Slayer Hmmmm...maybe I should get around to playing those games now.

I am a piece of bread, and I love playing 3D World.
The Switch is one of the best consoles ever.
I'm guessing people will make a lot of jokes about my username.

Friend Code: SW-0185-9912-2805

DarthNocturnal

I'm assuming only 3 is cloud-based? Although that one smaller "game" in 2.8 might be a bit much (Dream Drop Distance should be fine, otherwise).

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0
Now Playing: Dragon Ball FighterZ (Xbox), Final Fantasy IX (Xbox), Dragon Quest VII (3DS), Fire Emblem: Three Houses (Switch)

Grumblevolcano

@NintendoByNature They are all cloud versions.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ryu_Niiyama

Oh...all 3 as cloud? Hmm. I'll get them on discount then. I don't dislike cloud games, but I already own the series on PS4 so I'd be less inclined to pay full price for a non-native version.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

HotGoomba

How the hell can a PS2 game be cloud only?

Also they said PlayStation 4 on a Nintendo presentation hehehehehe

The link on my profile got even worse.

Don't click on it.

Or you can, at your own risk.

JaxonH

PS2, PSP, DS and 3DS games are cloud versions?

Wth is wrong with Square Enix. They get the honor of Sora in Smash and THIS is their response? The lowest possible effort?

Man I really hate SE sometimes. They're a garbage company that does the bare minimum when it comes to Nintendo (except for their Switch division, their only saving grace). I know why it's cloud. Cause they don't wanna port all those games. Too much work.

They don't deserve Sora in Smash.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
PC/SD:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic