Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 59,681 to 59,700 of 63,029

Anti-Matter

@Giancarlothomaz
Cafe is not just only serve coffee drinks, but also some side dishes such as sandwich, Fries, cakes, etc.
I really hope we can have part time job in Brewster Cafe and get some money.

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Ryu_Niiyama

@gcunit If the original runs of the Samus Returns amiibo are any indication then your feeling was likely correct. I haven’t seen any of the recent smash amiibo in stores at all.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

JaxonH

Dread is looking too good to be true.

Also, GVG's report on Dread also mentioned the OLED Switch, and how much better is was than he was expecting. Said the new kickstand is excellent, the larger OLED screen incredibly vibrant and even the speaker audio quality was noticeably improved, and produced louder volumes.

Switch OLED UNBOXING + Side By Side Comparison With v2 Switch

Gosh dang the OLED looks good in this comparison. It's so much brighter and more vibrant than the current Switch. 6 minute mark for comparison btw

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
NS: Zombie Army 4, Splatoon 2
STEAM:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

Ralizah

On one hand, Metroid, Tetris Effect, and Fatal Frame are a pretty killer trio of releases to play this October. Jaxon has somewhat stoked my interest in Monkey Ball as well.

On the other, it's difficult to maintain interest in anything leading up to the release of SMT V. I'm just counting down the days at this point.

@JaxonH Unsurprisingly, it reminds me of the color differences between the OG and Slim Vita. The non-OLED model just ends up looking very... yellow... in comparisons.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

JaxonH

@Ralizah
Was the Vita OLED vs LCD this drastic? I do remember the differences but, I always thought the LCD was really high quality to minimize differences, and with the OLED being older when the tech was newer, it wasn't that big a gap. Or maybe it was and I'm misremembering.

This seems like a pretty big difference, even from screenshots of a compressed YT video.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Monkey Ball is super fun. If you ever played Marble Madness on NES, it's that concept but fully evolved. The mini games are absolute classics though. Like, I'd put Monkey Bowling on par with Wii Sports bowling, even without the motion controls. It's that fun. They have crazy lanes that wave up and down like the top of an ocean, bend side to side, do all this crazy stuff.

And rolling a Monkey in a ball at a bunch of pins just never gets old 😀

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
STEAM:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

Ryu_Niiyama

Ugh I don’t wanna buy another switch right now y’all. Stop tempting me. Must hold out until BOTW 2 release date is announced.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

reporterdavid

@JaxonH think you referring to the current Monkey Ball (since the next switch game is coming october 5th...)
No new switch for me, even though the updates are fun.

Edited on by reporterdavid

Blessed. Voiceactor: Pirates! (Sony/Aardman 2012) - The Passion: A Brickfilm (2019) - Friendcode: SW-3266-3881-2027

JaxonH

@reporterdavid
I mean the new one that releases next week (this Friday for digital Deluxe preorders). It's a remake of 3 GameCube games, which I own and have fond memories of playing.

PLAYING
STEAM:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

d0nkeyk0ng_jR

@JaxonH I wish they would add Gamecube games to NSO, while you're on the topic of the GameCube.

d0nkeyk0ng_jR

reporterdavid

@d0nkeyk0ng_jR We got the Star Wars games, Super Monkey Ball and Super Mario Sunshine game (in the bundle) also some minigames from Mario Party on the gamecube are playable (bundled in Mario Party Superstars). Thats what I can think of for Gamecube content on Switch.

Blessed. Voiceactor: Pirates! (Sony/Aardman 2012) - The Passion: A Brickfilm (2019) - Friendcode: SW-3266-3881-2027

JaxonH

@d0nkeyk0ng_jR
Don't we all.

But, they seem to be remastering and porting a number of games from the Cube. If we can just get Metroid Prime, Fire Emblem Path of Radiance and F-Zero GX, I'd forever hold my peace.

Until then, Steamdeck saves the day. Just hope the Linux version of Dolphin runs well.

PLAYING
STEAM:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

d0nkeyk0ng_jR

@reporterdavid You're right about that, I'd be happy If we got Luigi's Mansion, Metroid Prime, TTYD, and MK DD, also Wind Waker.

d0nkeyk0ng_jR

rallydefault

Cue the pile-on, but you really can't judge screen comparisons through another screen. I look at those pictures and just think, "One is brighter" lol. The OLED is gonna look sweet, for sure, but you're not gonna be playing it next to an OG Switch all the time, are you?

I just don't see the appeal to it. I mean, they want almost the same money as a PS5 without the disc drive for a Switch with the same guts as the thing that came out years ago. That's cray.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

JaxonH

It just hit me…

Super Monkey Ball releases Friday! (For digital deluxe preorder customers only). That’s… in like 100 hours. I knew it was releasing Friday, but the weight of the realization didn’t hit me until now.

It’s so close I can taste it.

And Monkey Ball’s release starts the clock for the final week countdown to Metroid Dread. And it will make that week a lot more bearable. Ooooh. I just wanna play Monkey Ball. And OLED Switch. Why can’t my OLED Switch be sent out early too? I was half expecting it to show up today with everybody else getting one.

I’m gonna play the crap out of that thing.

edit
Oh my gosh. New Splatoon 3 info and it looks impressive!

https://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/2021/new-splatoon-3-...

Splatoon 3 Screenshots https://imgur.com/a/1iKbkbN

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
STEAM:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

JaxonH

Darksiders III eShop listing is live. I wasn't able to screenshot the pics so I used my phones camera to take shots off my TV. It actually looks pretty good. Let's hope it also runs well.

At first I thought it looked too good for Switch, but upon closer inspection I see it isn't full native res, and some straight edges have some jaggedness too them. Things you wouldn't see if these were screenshots of another version.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
STEAM:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

MsJubilee

Hate to burst your bubble. Those are the actual screenshots you see on every game page on every other platform. Hell, those are the same leak screenshots that Amazon leaked a few years ago. I doubt that THQ Nordic would recreate those same shots with the switch build.

I don't enjoy suffering alone. However, I don't mind making others suffer alone.

Playing through Dead Rising 2 and Othercide

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Snatcher

@JaxonH Splatoon 3 looks amazing! I never got 2 so I will get 3.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

JaxonH

@MsJubilee
Any link to where these images have been used before? Should be pretty easy to tell if that's the case.

The screenshots have artifacting no other platform would have though. If you go onto the eShop and look at them yourself, zoom in with system zoom, you can see all the telltale signs of being Switch images.

I think it would be pretty difficult to downres stock images and imitate Switch screenshots like that. Not saying it's impossible, but they're very clearly lower res with some jagged edges and blurred image quality.

If, however, they are manipulated images not captured on Switch, that would be cause for serious backlash as it would indicate intentional deception. So any link would be appreciated to confirm if that's the case.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
STEAM:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic