Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 59,661 to 59,680 of 70,145

Pizzamorg

Yeah, either way, it just sucks. Why even include this stuff, it adds nothing.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

JaxonH

XCOM 2 runs well enough by my standards. It's not perfect, but it's way better than the original XCOM on Vita. Looks good in handheld mode, too.

As long as your standard isn't perfection, and are OK with imperfect-but-totally-playable performance, it's fine.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

Fire Emblem fans?

What about OG Fire Emblem fans? Like, GBA era, the original Fire Emblem released in the west?

The Lynn figure just released, and I got mine in the mail from Japan. It looks great. Marth and Ike statues should be releasing soon, too (finally, some male characters getting some love).

Untitled

Untitled

How bout Monster Hunter fans?

The Palamute and Cohoot statue also just released and arrived. Awww... too adorable

Untitled

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

@JaxonH Those are damn nice statues.

If I had the money, I'd probably grab that Lynn one alongside the Pyra/Mythra statues that came out a while back.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

JaxonH

Wow. Shin Megami Tensei V steelbook edition is $39.99 on Amazon!

https://www.amazon.com/Shin-Megami-Tensei-Steelbook-Launch-Ni...

edit
Double wow, it’s only $36.99 at GameStop!

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/nintendo-switch/products...

@Ralizah
There’s also the Xenoblade 2 KOS-MOS statue (I unlocked KOS-MOS near the end of the game but used her all the way to the end after I got her), and Melia is releasing soon, too.

There’s Chinese knockoffs that actually look… basically identical to the real thing. Can grab both Pyra and Mythra combined for like $77 on Amazon. Box may come damaged but it’s the figures that matter.

Edited on by JaxonH

Ralizah

Danganronpa Decadence seems to be sold out everywhere. I guess demand was higher than expected?

Ryu_Niiyama

JaxonH wrote:

Fire Emblem fans?

What about OG Fire Emblem fans? Like, GBA era, the original Fire Emblem released in the west?

The Lynn figure just released,…

Untitled

Untitled

Taller than I expected. Really need to rethink my shelving situation.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

JaxonH

@Ralizah
Woah, you weren't kidding. It's utterly wiped out. Crazy, since the collector edition wasn't even sold out leading up to release. Now not even the game itself is available. Word of mouth, maybe?

@Ryu_Niiyama
Shelving is a constant struggle. I had to make a pass and box up all figures that weren't amiibo or 1/7 scale statues... I just had too many of them, wasn't any room left.

Ralizah

@JaxonH I was surprised how long that CE stayed freely available. But yeah, stock has evaporated for everything related to that game, lol.

Well, good. The more success stories we have, the more companies will prioritize Switch going forward. Maybe Spike Chunsoft will start realizing what a goldmine the Switch is and port over the Zero Escape trilogy as well!

Edited on by Ralizah

NintendoByNature

More assassins creed apparently coming to switch. I have both collections already, and I'd easily grab this one too( pending its true).

NintendoByNature

Azuris

Good News for (EU) Customers -
Nintendo has to Refund Preorder Games, since they fall under the EU Law that allows 14 Day Refunds for online Purchases.

The E-Shop in Germany and Norway have updated this Option*, every other EU Country will follow.
(*since it was put in Charge as a Cooperation between them)

The german Verdict can be found here:
https://www.vzbv.de/sites/default/files/2021-12/OLG%20Frankfu...

EDIT:
Short:
The Verdict says, that the Hook at the End of the Purchase is illegal and Nintendo has to omit to use it against Customers to hinder them to refund Games.

Edited on by Azuris

Azuris

JaxonH

I don't agree with that at all. It's unfair to allow consumers 14 days to refund. That is ripe for abuse. Buy a game, play it for 2 weeks, then refund it. This is a clear case of pro-consumerism going too far.

Steam does it best. You get 2 hrs. That's plenty of time to see how the game looks and runs, without being so much time the consumer can abuse it.

@NintendoByNature
Oh ya? Right on! That means gyro aiming, and a hybrid handheld version on top of it! I can't stand the current versions. Console doesn't have Gyro, and the Steam version forces Xbox and keyboard button prompts, which don't mix well with a PS5 controller used for gyro. It makes it crazy confusing trying to figure out which buttons to press, especially with Switch layout ingrained in my memory.

Ralizah

@JaxonH In cases where that happens, usually there's a catch. Like the difference between Steam and GOG's refund policies. I tested both out out of curiosity by buying The Witcher 3 and then refunding it on each platform after playing for a bit (I wanted to see how well the cloud save transfer worked between Switch on both platforms). GOG's policy, which says you can request a refund 30 days after purchase, sounds wildly ripe for abuse.

Steam is almost automated: if you fall within the refund window, it's processed really quickly. But GOG... they want answers about why you want a game refunded. I had to actually respond with written responses when I was refunding Witcher, and didn't feel 100% that they were going to honor my request because of how long the process took.

They did, but despite having a more open refund policy on paper, I feel far more confident in Steam's approach.

Ryu_Niiyama

@NeonPizza I am just happy to see someone else that didn’t like Celeste. I said that and I thought I would need to break out the pepper spray. Indie sacred cows are serious business. Also why I am careful not to mention that I don’t find stardew valley to be that amazing (I like it but I still prefer story of seasons).

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Ralizah

@Ryu_Niiyama I really wanted to like Stardew Valley, but something about it didn't work for me, despite really liking some of the older Harvest Moon games.

I actually did enjoy Celeste, but the sky-high praise it gets confuses me. It's a competent indie platformer with decent music and an overwrought central metaphor. Not exactly goty material.

Buizel

@Ralizah I feel very much the same about both games.

Stardew Valley just felt tedious - I hated how short the days were and I simply didn't enjoy anything I was doing. That said I don't have much experience with the genre so maybe it's just not my thing - the closest game I've really got into is Animal Crossing.

Celeste is a pretty good platformer but that's about it IMO. Its narrative is a lot more bare bones than people make it out to be and I agree that it's no GOTY contender.

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

kkslider5552000

Ralizah wrote:

I actually did enjoy Celeste, but the sky-high praise it gets confuses me. It's a competent indie platformer with decent music and an overwrought central metaphor. Not exactly goty material.

I think its genuinely one of the best 2d platformers ever and the soundtrack is one of the most memorable I've heard in the last few years.

Though I don't see how its overwrought. I don't think you're using that word correctly. Maybe you meant overly blunt and obvious? Which it ultimately is, but I feel strongly that how it uses gameplay in its story at points elevated it above merely the actual writing (which I think is good but unspectacular (which to be fair still makes it in contention for the best story in a platformer :V )). I'm also a sucker for a climactic long trek up a mountain or some other impossible climb to prove yourself. Like my favorite part of Xenoblade 1 was the journey up the Mechonis, going hours and hours as an unstoppable team, fighting an army of mechon, just to reach the top. The fact that my hands started hurting towards the end of Celeste only enhanced my experience because of that.

The bonus 9th level of the game is also almost certainly the toughest challenge I've ever accomplished in a game, so that adds to the experience to me in a way too (even though I ultimately feel the secret levels of the game are a often bit too much for me to fully appreciate).

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic