Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 57,361 to 57,380 of 70,010

Grumblevolcano

@TheFrenchiestFry Maybe both happen, P4AU to help preserve more Persona games and P5A as a new game. P4AU and the Persona Q games are the only Persona spinoffs not playable on any modern system, I don't think the latter will happen because the Switch doesn't have 2 screens.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TheFrenchiestFry

@Grumblevolcano Q probably isn't happening, at least ports of the first two but I don't see them ending the Q series as just a 3DS thing. Considering Etrian's future is also seemingly being planned out they're probably using those building blocks for how to do Etrian on consoles for a future Q game since that's what Q essentially is

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Primo40295

@TheFrenchiestFry Ah, I didn't know it was a direct sequel. Either way if they're gonna port P4 arena to modern consoles they should also put Persona 4 golden everywhere, I know it is similar to the strikers situation but golden is already on pc unlike Persona 5.

Primo40295

Switch Friend Code: SW-0871-5798-7779

TheFrenchiestFry

@Primo40295 I think more Persona on PC is practically a given. Consoles seems to be in this super weird grey area that shouldn't exist for Atlus unless Sony genuinely has some backdoor deal with them we don't know about regarding locking numbered Persona games to their platforms as console exclusives. I used to think they were just on PlayStation because Persona didn't have the rocky sales history like the rest of MegaTen which caused those games to constantly switch platforms each generation before landing as Nintendo-only for the forseeable future

If P6 gets announced as just a PlayStation game again I'd almost have to assume that would be the case because why wouldn't they bring the main entries to other platforms if they're expanding other SEGA IPs like Yakuza to being multiplatform

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

Primo40295

@TheFrenchiestFry I completely agree with you. I personally dislike the idea of exclusive games unless Nintendo/Sony/Microsoft are actually helping to develop or publish the game, for example here in Europe Nintendo is publishing SMT V so that will almost certainly remain an exclusive. The 25th anniversary is probably the last chance to port the mainline games to other consoles (aside from pc) so we'll see.

Primo40295

Switch Friend Code: SW-0871-5798-7779

Grumblevolcano

@TheFrenchiestFry I think Persona 6 will either be permanent Playstation console exclusive (come to Playstation and PC at the same time) or timed Playstation exclusive (come to Playstation first and then PC after a timed exclusivity window). At least that's the feeling I get given how FFVII Remake and FFXVI is being handled.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TheFrenchiestFry

@Primo40295 Well yeah SMT V I totally understand keeping that only on Switch. Nintendo seems incredibly hands on with the distribution and localization process of the game given they're also publishing the game for Atlus in Europe. It's very unlikely that Atlus didn't ask for their assistance not being fully aware that they'll probably have to lock this game to just their platform as a result

If Switch or any other platform that isn't PC doesn't get something mainline related this year, I think we can all just safely assume Persona has some sort of Sony deal behind it which weirdly doesn't include spinoffs or including one of the series' protagonists in a Nintendo-published fighting game

TheFrenchiestFry

JaxonH

Ya. I'd gladly see Persona come to Switch/PC and SMT come to PS/PC, as that results in a scenario where everyone wins, but it seems they are just doing Persona on PS and SMT on Nintendo. And so we will forever deal with Switch gamers wanting Persona 5 and PS fans wanting SMTV. Will just have to learn to be content with what we have. At least it's balanced though. I'm so used to devs dropping trou for Sony and giving the finger to Nintendo that it's at least relieving to know we get an equally amazing game. If it were Square Enix, they'd sell their most popular franchise to Sony time and again for the rest of eternity and give nothing of similar value to anyone else.

Monster Hunter Stories is on sale for $49.99 on Amazon. It sold out everywhere, including Amazon and BestBuy, so shipping times are 2-4 weeks.

https://www.amazon.com/Monster-Hunter-Stories-Wings-Nintendo-...

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

Burnout Paradise physical version for $9.99 brand new at GameStop. Wow that’s a good price!

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/nintendo-switch/games/pr...

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Socar

I can't wait to get my hands on Switch OLED. Now I have more reasons to go with handheld than on Dock mode.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

HotGoomba

@JaxonH man screw Burnout on Xbox Game Pass, daddy's gonna buy a Switch game!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy there.

JaxonH

@HotGoomba
It's a good Switch port too. Little lower res but hits 60 fps. A fair tradeoff. Looks good handheld too.

chapuH

Giancarlothomaz wrote:

jornalist Jeff Gruff state that Metroid Prime Trilogy on Switch is done, but Nintendo is holding on the release of the game to concide with Metroid Prime 4.

So in, like, 5 years?

Edited on by chapuH

Hope you're having a good day.

FragRed

@chapu2006 No, that's too soon. GTA 6 will launch first.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed But GTA6 won't happen until GTAV overtakes Minecraft as the best selling game of all time

Grumblevolcano

GrailUK

I can't help think releasing Metroid Prime Trilogy alongside Metroid Prime 4 is nonsensical timing (unless you are some completionist with OCD)

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

TheFrenchiestFry

@GrailUK I honestly think Prime Trilogy will end up coming way earlier prior to Prime 4 and people are just assuming they're being released to coincide with each other because that's what happened with No More Heroes 1 & 2 on Switch, Nocturne HD being released ahead of SMT V, and Bayonetta 1 and 2 for Switch being announced alongside Bayonetta 3

TheFrenchiestFry

GrailUK

@TheFrenchiestFry I hope we see Trilogy sooner than later (if it's indeed real). I doubt MP4 is next year.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic