Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 57,381 to 57,400 of 58,204

jump

@TheJGG Nah, I doubt it. They said it was a 2022 film in Sep when Coivd was already known and companies had adapted to the situation, if there is a delay it's more likely due to them having to rework the film.

Also it was never delayed, the first date given was 2022, animated films just take years to make.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

sixrings

@jump you seem more concerned about being right and throwing dirt in the Metroid franchise than reviving it.

If you have no connection to Metroid then I can understand. But plenty Nintendo fans have a connection. Even if they didn’t shouldn’t we be doing our best to keep The few more mature Nintendo franchises alive?

As for the port thing. I don’t hear much complaining about miitopia and people seemingly ate up the Mario 3d collection. What I’m concerned about is if the games sell or not. Not if people are complaining.

Finally I think most games simply do better on the switch because of the switch effect. Whatever that is.

sixrings

jump

@sixrings Nah, I've bought and played almost all of the Metroid games aside from the odd one here and there. Does that qualify me as a fan or is a fan just someone screaming I love it and it's perfect as loud as they can? ;p Me saying Metroid isn't a big franchise and that over the last 15 years/6 games the games have been all over the place isn't the same thing as throwing dirt at it.

If you go back a few pages in this thread and you can see people complaining about Miitopia. It's the usual stuff of Switch is just a port machine, Miitopia is over priced, they have run out of Wii U games so they are porting 3DS ones now etc.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

sixrings

@jump well I do agree that the 3ds ports should be at a lower cost. But it’s the sales which matter. To be truthful I haven’t bought any of the 3d Metroids and have very little interest. At the same time I don’t want Nintendo to become a company which only looks at their best sellers and focus on them solely. That’s how activision basically became just call of duty. Or how Xbox became just forza and halo.

sixrings

FragRed

I’m just gonna come right out and anger people, because I can...

I am really looking forward to Nintendo reveal the restarted development of Metroid Prime 4 at Retro is because they saw the huge success of Fortnite and went “we want a piece of that pie” and so decided to reskin Fortnite as a Metroid battle royale complete with micro transactions and loot boxes.

ENGAGE VG: www.engagevg.com

jump

@FragRed Will you be able to do dances in it like Fornite though? That could be a huge problem as Samus' suit is too bulky for the finer motions of dabbing and flossing.

Nicolai wrote:

FragRed

@jump I think Nintendo are working closely with Microsoft to work out dance moves for Samus as Master Chief uses a similar bulky suit, and that’s why there’s a Switch on Phil Spencer’s shelf.

Grumblevolcano

Nintendo finally has some competition this holiday because GTAV is coming to PS5 and Series X|S in November

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jump

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Nintendo finally has some competition this holiday because GTAV is coming to PS5 and Series X|S in November

People complain they can’t keep playing Mario Kart 8 as it’s too old yet the even older GTA5 is gonna sell another 20m copies now to the same people. Lol

Nicolai wrote:

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano Looks like Nintendo will need to delay all games until at least second half 2022, because that game is gonna destroy anything they release for a whole year

MsJubilee

Grumblevolcano wrote:

I'm beginning to think Red Dead Redemption 2 was a disappointment to Rockstar. I for sure thought that game would be getting this treatment.

I don't enjoy suffering alone. However, I don't mind making others suffer alone.

Far Cry 6 hype. Let's go!

Playing The Division 2 & Mad Max.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Magician

MsJubilee wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

I'm beginning to think Red Dead Redemption 2 was a disappointment to Rockstar. I for sure thought that game would be getting this treatment.

@MsJubilee

GTA V sold 20m copies last year. The game generated 227m in profit last year because of the those sales and shark cards. It remains one of Take Two Interactive's big bread winners, for eight years now.

Switch Physical Collection - 739 games (as of June 23rd, 2021)
Currently playing: Rune Factory 4 Special (Switch)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

timleon

GTAV comes to consoles that already have access to it (through backwards compatibility), and have an install base of only a few million.

And the Switch?...

Previously "Buizel" and "HunterLeon"

Currently playing:
PC: Mass Effect Legendary Edition
Switch: Persona 5 Strikers, Ninja Gaiden Sigma
3DS: Pokemon Gold

Magician

timleon wrote:

GTAV comes to consoles that already have access to it (through backwards compatibility), and have an install base of only a few million.

And the Switch?...

...is probably too expensive because nobody, not even Nintendo themselves, are using 64 GB cartridges for their games. That's even if Take Two considered splitting the offline and online portions into two separate applications. But that shouldn't stop GTA V from being a digital-only game on Switch like Doom Eternal and yet here we are..five years into the Switch's lifecycle. Not a single GTA game on Switch, not even III, VC, or SA.

It makes me wonder if the business side of Nintendo pissed off Rockstar themselves at some point.

Did Body Harvest and GTA Chinatown sell that badly? I dunno.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 739 games (as of June 23rd, 2021)
Currently playing: Rune Factory 4 Special (Switch)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

JaxonH

No idea why GTAV isn't on Switch.

Don't get me wrong- GTA isn't really my thing. But I still want it on Switch. Might actually play it again if it were.

It has to be relationships. Whoever makes the decisions for GTA platforms doesn't like Nintendo, for one reason or another, and doesn't want the game on Switch. Everyone knows it would be a massive evergreen title if it got a hybrid release.

But it's fine. Saint's Row 3 and 4 are on Switch, with Gyro, and honestly those games are a lot more funny and interesting imo.

Still, they should put GTAV on Switch. Maybe they will with Take Two's new pro-Switch policy.

PLAYING
NS: MH Rise
PC: MH World
3DS: Metroid Samus Returns, Super Metroid
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR
NS: Metroid Dread, MH Stories 2, too many others to list…

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

Ninfan

Anyone know any fast kart combinations for mario kart 8 deluxe, anyone one i seem to try is very slow.

Ninfan

Switch Friend Code: SW-8545-3735-7300 | 3DS Friend Code: 5430-2977-8452 | My Nintendo: Nin10dofan | Nintendo Network ID: 462971 name nin10dofan

Blooper987

they also announced this

NYEH!!! Prepare to be amazed. Fall to your knees. I am Himiko Yumeno, the Ultimate Mage. But... I'm officially called the Ultimate Magician.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic