Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 56,821 to 56,840 of 69,981

Ryu_Niiyama

Has anyone seen the Sakuna thread? I am guessing it was removed? Wanted to discuss post game with the three of us that play it lol.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

jedgamesguy

@Ryu_Niiyama If you've seen the NL feedback and suggestions thread Ant just added a new feature; if you have a thread with 50 or more replies, and the OP's account is deleted, NL's account will take control of the thread and nothing'll change. It could be that the Sakuna thread had less than 50 replies and the OP's account was deleted. In which case start a new one.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Ryu_Niiyama

@TheJGG Aww, I think the thread went away before this change but still good to know. Sucks though cuz I wrote a book in there. I might make a new thread but not sure if it will move as much as the first one did. Thank you!

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

jedgamesguy

@Ryu_Niiyama Sorry to hear that; I'd hate for longer posts to get deleted as well. You can make it up by writing another novel as the OP for the new Sakuna thread! Hope that goes well.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Ralizah

Good time to be a Falcom fan on Nintendo consoles. Both of the Crossbell games are getting localized on Switch in 2022 and 2023. Additionally, the next Trails game, Trails into Reverie, is also confirmed to be coming to Switch in 2023. And some spinoff RPG called The Legend of Nayuta: Boundless Trails is also confirmed for 2023.

So that's one Trails game next year and three (!) Trails game in 2023.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Grumblevolcano

@rallydefault There was that interview where Nintendo said the gigantic success of Animal Crossing New Horizons was going to change the way they approached games in general (not just Animal Crossing).

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/04/nintendos_president...

So I'd guess multiplayer games in general will use the New Horizons model.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Magician

@Ralizah Seeing Nihon Falcom commit more games to the Switch makes me warm and fuzzy. Better late than never I always say. And to see a publisher usually synonymous with the Playstation brand showing the Switch some love feels good.
Untitled

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

rallydefault

@Grumblevolcano
And in general the model that most of the gaming industry seems to now follow: Release your game even if it's a bit light on content, promise more content for the future... profit?

Eh, leaves a bad taste in my mouth. It's just weird that Super Rush seems to offer less of almost everything than its predecessor. I was totally gonna buy it today, but honestly I think I'm gonna go for Legend of Mana instead or maybe even Crash 4 which I still need to get. If they wanna release games and then add content later, I guess I can't stop them, but I can hold onto my money until the game is more complete.

rallydefault

link3710

@rallydefault I totally agree. The only Mario sports games to hold my attention were the GBC / GBA ones, which were all packed with far more content than the modern ones.

I'll probably end up getting Tony Hawk soon... Plus I still need to finish P5 Strikers and get New Pokemon Snap. No reason to even consider getting this, or Mario Party which will be on a similar sitch. Or Skyward Sword for that matter.

Heck, even Warioware and Advance Wars, two series I'd usually jump on, will be competing hard for my time this year with the fantastic third party releases. NEO:TWEWY, Outer Wilds, Great Ace Attorney, No More Heroes 3, SMT V, Danganronpa, Life Is Strange, MH Stories 2, Super Monkey Ball... This is probably the strongest third party year yet on Switch. And that's not even talking about 1st half titles like BD II or MH Rise.

Edit: forgot the two Pokemon games coming up too... Looks like those are the first ones I'll be skipping. At the very least I won't get them at launch for the first time... Ever basically. Dread is guaranteed though, no way I'm missing that.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

Magician

@link3710

Yeah, as the Switch closes in on that "100 million consoles sold" benchmark before the end of the year, the volume of third party support will only continue to get better and better.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

link3710

@Magician It fascinates me, because the last two times this happened with Nintendo (DS and Wii), the game quality dropped off sharply from 3rd party releases after awhile. I think the last system I owner that was getting good third party support this late in it's life would be either the GBA or the SNES.

link3710

Socar

I got a new replacement of Paper Mario: Origami King and it's sealed and all but I noticed that there are scratches on the gold contacts before even inserting it to the Switch. Is this intentional and normal for new sealed Switch games?

The copy is based on EU PEGI fyi

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Ralizah

@Magician It's all thanks to NIS making these ports possible. Too bad Xseed is still holding the distribution rights to the first five games hostage. They'd be available on Switch by now otherwise.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

rallydefault

@link3710
Yea, they've really been dropping the ball (ha) with most of the Mario sports titles on Wii U and Switch.

I do think some of it comes from modern expectations being a bit higher, so I can give them a smidge of understanding. Like, I remember my friends and me playing the living daylights out of Mario Tennis on the N64, but honestly I don't even know if that game had a "campaign" mode or anything like that. We didn't care because we just played matches against each other over and over, but the gaming landscape has evolved and like it or not you have to keep up.

It's also not a good look to release the next title in a series on more powerful hardware but with fewer courses/modes/etc. than its predecessor on lesser hardware. Definitely a move that makes you wonder if things were a bit rushed (ha again).

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

JaxonH

Wow. Tony Hawk PS 1/2 is amazing on Switch! Incredibly well done port. Looks fantastic in handheld mode, runs great... and for all you physical diehards, the full game is on cart. Only the online multi-player is in the 3.5 GB update, which requires online to use anyways.

Next stop, Mario Golf. Good thing they included button controls. Probably shouldn't be practicing my golf swing here at work 😀

When I get home, it's MH Stories 2 demo and Neo TWEWY demo time.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

NintendoByNature

@JaxonH i have the day off so I'm playing THPS with the kids right now. It's their first time and as im sure you can imagine they love it. I'll pick golf up when we return from vacation.

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

@NintendoByNature
Right on. Enjoy your vacation.

Tony Hawk is fun for all ages, but I think it has a special appeal for kids, which is why we all played it growing up.

Too many games to play.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic