Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 53,721 to 53,740 of 55,026

JaxonH

Untitled

@Giancarlothomaz
It's simply showing the law of diminishing returns, which occurs as you approach a limit. You'll never actually REACH the limit, but you'll approach it slower and slower and slower over time as you get closer and closer and closer.

This means the gap between mobile and console will get smaller and smaller and smaller.

And yes, even now we're already seeing it. Even now it's hard to differentiate PS4 games from PS5 games without analyzing with a fine tooth comb.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
NS: Monster Hunter Rise demo
PC: -----
PS5: -----
EXCITED FOR
NS: Monster Hunter Rise

Jesus is Lord.

Giancarlothomaz

check out 30 minutes of the Switch version of Doom Eternal, that a very impressive ports for Switch like the The Witcher 3 port for Switch.

i like HD Rumble.

Giancarlothomaz

@JaxonH i see, that very intereting, oh mobile hardward is fast aproacing the level of doing games, you usually find in consoles, Gensin Impact is a example of that, mobile hardward of 10 year pior would be unable to develop and make a game like that, we would expect a game like Gensin Impact on consoles, not in Android or a IOS phone, i see that the law of dimishing law you mentioned.

i like HD Rumble.

Ralizah

@JaxonH That steelbook is gorgeous. I'm surprised they only seem to be offering it with the Switch version, though.

ACTIVELY PLAYING
Super Mario Galaxy/Piczle Lines DX (Switch)
Persona 5 Royal (PS4)

JaxonH

@Ralizah
Maybe statistics show the Switch customers are more apt to have no loyalty, and have a higher proclivity to make their purchase at whichever store offers the better deal?

PLAYING
EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

KryptoniteKrunch

Yeah, I've been using this DxM Split pad pro for about a year now and it still works great. A handful of times the sticks started to drift when I first would boot up the system but simply removing and reconnecting the controllers would fix it. But yeah, sticks don't drift regularly, buttons still work nice etc. Only downside is the aforementioned lack of features. A split pad pro with all the bells and whistles would be awesome. Price hike would be worth it.

Edited on by KryptoniteKrunch

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

Arbor

JaxonH wrote:

BestBuy Buy One Get One Half Off, Includes Sniper Elite 4, Ori Will of the Wisps, Ori and the Blind Forest, Immortals Fenyx Rising and More!

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/save-on-nintendo-switch-ga...

Also, rumors if you add a lower price game into your cart first, it’ll take half off a higher priced game you add second. No promises though

just snatched both ori's, thank you for this!

Arbor

toiletduck

Magician wrote:

@Ralizah

Well...I've messed around with the split pad pro for a few hours and I truly believe they're the joy-con alternative I've been desperately needing. Sure I'm giving up a whole lot of joy-con features, but I usually turn rumble off and rarely use motion controls and nfc anyhow. In the end my only hope is to stop the endless cycle of the joy-con I use contracting drift after roughly nine months of using them.

(For those who don't know, I'm now on my fifth pair of joy-con since August 2017 due to drift issues.)

So if the split pad pro manages to break the chain I say, "hallelujah!"

It baffles me how some people tend to get the drift issues with every controller they touch, whereas to some people it never occurs. That may suggest that there's some kind of variables in play of which we're not aware.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

NintendoByNature

@toiletduck i can at least vouche that I've only experienced it with joy cons and nothing else if memory serves correctly. Its the age old saying but its true, " i have nintendo hardware that still works to this day that's 30+ years old." Just something is different about these JCs

NintendoByNature

link3710

@toiletduck I dunno. I have 6, and only got drift in the one of the second pair and one of the third pair. My original pair still works fine, despite having by far the most use. It seems more like statistical variance than an unknown factor.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

JaxonH

I have yet to get drift in any joycon to date (actually, I feintly recall having issues with an early joycon back in 2017? I can’t remember- maybe I cleaned it and it never gave me issues afterward, I just don’t recall). While I own one set of every color, plus 2 sets of DQXIS joycon from the limited edition Switch, and a Switch lite, the only ones that actually get used are my neon green set which I use at home for games where split joycon is best, my Switch Lite, and the DQXIS set whenever I play that portably instead of the Lite. The neon green I’ve had for a long time. Since they released, which I think was 2017.

But I have had Pro Controller issues. At launch, both my Pro Controllers mis-registered D-pad inputs. Sent them to Nintendo, 7 days later I had replacements, which worked fine ever since. Then my Xenoblade Pro Controller started NOT registering certain D-pad movements in the Up direction. I eventually gave up on that controller and just set it on display.

So that’s 3 pro controllers with issues, 0 joycon lol... go figure.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

Ralizah

Everyone I personally know who has joycons (i.e. owns a big Switch) has experienced drift at one point or another. It's a fairly wide-scale issue.

ACTIVELY PLAYING
Super Mario Galaxy/Piczle Lines DX (Switch)
Persona 5 Royal (PS4)

link3710

@JaxonH Wait, there are pro controllers without d-pad issues? I'd assumed that any game that required a d-pad was useless with a pro controller at this point since both of mine are awful.

link3710

JaxonH

@link3710
Yup. All 3 of mine now work perfectly. The 2 replacements Nintendo sent me around launch were good. And my Smash Pro controller is good. I wasn’t having none of that. As soon as I noticed issues I contacted Nintendo and set up a repair. For $140 I wasn’t accepting anything less than two properly functioning pro controllers.

I hear the newer ones use a taller pivot which helps prevent misregistered inputs, but it may still happen to a certain percentage. I have no idea how prevalent it is in the ones being sold now. All I know is the Smash controller I bought worked fine. I was sure to test it in the settings right away, just in case it had the same problems.

PLAYING
EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

link3710

@JaxonH Huh. I was under the impression it was a design flaw prevelant in all controllers, not just a few. Who knew? Well, now I have four controllers to send in eventually...

link3710

DarthNocturnal

I don't think I've had any issues with my joycons or Pro controller. The joycons are the same from launch. Pro controller, not long after launch.

Granted, I haven't actually played my Switch as much as others here have, but, eh, so far, so good.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

faint

Went through two sets of joycons so I got a pro controller. Been 5 months with no problems.

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

Magician

@Giancarlothomaz

As for Nintendo announcements during tomorrow's VGAs, I'm not expecting anything beyond the next Smash DLC character. Everything else is gravy. Although I still feel tomorrow would be the right time for Mario Golf from Camelot, I'm not banking on it. Some folks want something (anything) for BotW 2, Bayonetta 3, MP 4, or MP Trilogy HD.

Eh, you'll probably be left disappointed.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 700 games (as of January 21st, 2021)
Currently playing: Alliance Alive HD (Switch)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

JaxonH

RIP and TEAR!!!

DOOM Eternal on Switch is the dream realized. This is it. This is what hybrid gaming is all about. I'm ripping and tearing at work and I cant get enough! It's so fun! The platforming and double jumping and double air dashing and gameplay loop of glory kills for health, flame belch for armor and chainsaw for ammo is insanely addictive. I'm not that good- I play on the easiest difficulty, but it's just right for my skill level. I love it!

RIP and TEAR!

@Magician
Eh, you'll probably be left disappointed

Words for the wise.

I expect absolutely nothing. At most a Smash character. And I will not be disappointed. If they surprise me, cool, but I'm not holding my breath.

PLAYING
EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic