Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 53,701 to 53,720 of 69,964

Dezzy

@jump

It's obviously fake. No-one's trying to ban anything. Just an unusual marketing idea.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Dezzy

Giancarlothomaz wrote:

what could be the future of 3D Mario games after Super Mario 3D World+Bowser Fury is released?

I dunno, but if the whole thing takes up to 6 hours like they say, they might have actually been working on this for quite a while, which means that maybe we're not actually getting another 3D Mario game on the Switch.

Anti-Matter

Giancarlothomaz wrote:

@SM3DASislit in a interview after the game released, Kotaku interviewed the director and Producer of the game, @Anti-Matter next 3D Mario game to feature dimension travel?

Well, why not?
If 3D Mario games can be upgraded like Ratchet & Clank games, it probably looks better.
Or turn Mario and the gangs into secret agents in spionage style game like Sly Cooper with different abilities for each secret agents and Free roaming gameplay.

Anti-Matter

jedgamesguy

@Dezzy That's a whole new level of depressing right there. ALL THIS TIME they've been working on an add-on to a port of a game that came out eight years ago? Only one thing good about this, is that I can say to you that I wasn't wrong about the size of the Bowser's Fury content!

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

Grumblevolcano

@theJGG I'm pretty sure Bowser's Fury was originally Odyssey DLC that got moved to being included with 3D World. Maybe because Odyssey support ended too long ago (the last 8 bit Luigi hint art was in November 2018) to get good DLC sales?

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Dezzy

@Grumblevolcano

Yeah I was thinking that. Maybe they planned it as a 3D World themed world in Odyssey, as a way of helping promote the upcoming 3D World port.

Then realized half way through that it would probably just make more sense economically to add it to the 3D World release itself. If that's what happened, I think they made the right decision. This is gonna sell a lot more copies than it would have otherwise.

@theJGG

Call me old fashioned but I'd slightly prefer an Odyssey sequel over 'being right on the internet', as good as that is!

Edited on by Dezzy

jump

I reckon it was more to do with not having a new main Mario game ready to go for the anniversary so they spruced up one of the re-releases to make it more wow but with Coivd it buggered their plans.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

MPSSislit

@Giancarlothomaz
Okay, thanks for letting me know.
Now you mention, I do remember there being an interview about that, but I guess I missed it somehow.
Wait, was that the interview in which Nogami said that New Horizons was the "third-generation" of the Animal Crossing series, and hopes that New Horizons is played for "many years to come", IIRC. 🤔😳

Please give Ninjala a chance, guys. 🤔
As @Sunsy said,
Ninjala Gang FOR LIFE!
Also, if I don't respond to your post within a day (or two), don't worry, I'm not ignoring you. I'm going to be busy, though I will do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

Magician

Ooof, that "fans should forget Bayonetta 3" comment from Hideki Kamiya is brutal. I'm not sure what perspective I should take on this? Is Kamiya trying to bring fans down, only to surprise us with a late 2021 release? Or is Bayo 3 really a long, looooooong ways off even still? Or, worst case scenario, Bayo 3 is unofficially now vaporware like Scalebound?

It's a tough comment to swallow, no matter how you slice it. Although it gives the theory of Bayonetta 3 being a launch game for the Switch successor more credence. But would Bayo 3 really still be pre-alpha, only at the planning stage? All Kamiya as said the past several months regarding Bayo 3 was "everything's fine" or "development's going well".

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

JaxonH

Don't look that deep into it. We got enough Grumble conspiracies as is 😉

Just means stop asking about it- they'll talk when they're ready. Which, he clearly implied some news will be made this year.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

@Magician I have a bad feeling about Bayonetta 3 between that comment, the SEGA news and rumours of Microsoft doing another Bethesda scale acquisition. 2nd and 3rd points also apply to a bad feeling about SMTV.

Perhaps that is also why Platinum gave Nintendo the Astral Chain IP, to make up for Bayonetta becoming an Xbox exclusive franchise.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Magician

@Grumblevolcano

SMT V has an official release window, a dedicated website, and was on Sega's financial report.

I'm not worried about it.

@JaxonH

Yeah, it's fair to say Kamiya is just flat out tired of the Bayo 3 questions.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

KryptoniteKrunch

Lol Even if MS buys SEGA, SMTV and Bayo3 will still be Switch exclusives. Just like how Deathloop(Bethesda published game) is still gonna be a PlayStation timed exclusive for a year.

Also, didn't Nintendo already own the Astral Chain IP(at least the majority)? When the game came out, HK was already saying it was up to Nintendo regarding it getting ported to other systems.

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

Giancarlothomaz

@Magician i fear that Bayonetta 3 is cancelled(vaporware as you said, or Platinum Games is planning to release Bayonetta 3 on Switch sucessor), Nintendo should never anounced this game early like Metroid Prime 4, next time, anounce a game like Bayonetta 3 when is close to release(i would avoid all this stress).

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

BenAV

@Giancarlothomaz They generally try to announce games pretty late these days but at that point in time they were still trying to sell people on the Switch. It was probably a good call even though the game is taking forever. Even in the worst case scenario where the game gets cancelled (which I doubt will happen), at least most of the upset Bayonetta fans will have already bought a Switch by now anyway.

Edited on by BenAV

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Ralizah

Bayonetta 3 will be ready when it's ready. Like with a number of other games, they announced it early, and they don't seem to be in the habit of showing it off in various stages throughout development.

It's also not going to be an Xbox game, lol. I imagine, like the second game, Nintendo probably helped to fund its development, so I expect it'll be a permanent ecosystem exclusive.

Even if Microsoft acquired Sega (which isn't going to happen, IMO), they'd still honor exclusivity agreements.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano Even if Microsoft purchased Sega, there is nothing they can do with Bayonetta 2 or 3. I imagine the agreement to Nintendo funding the 2 games is that they also get to keep 100% copyright on them too, even if they don't own the IP outright. It has been said many times that it is up to Nintendo whether these games would ever appear anywhere else.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

kkslider5552000

To be fair, while waiting for Bayonetta 3, you could play Wonderful 101. That game most of you DIDN'T BUY. AGAIN. : (

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Ralizah

Wonderful 101 hasn't done particularly well on any platform it has released on, afaik.

I imagine the repellant character designs and chaotic, confusing gameplay haven't helped it in this regard.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

NintendoByNature

I definitely wasn't hooked on TW101 as I was with Bayonetta or even Astral chain. I found myself getting too frustrated drawing the move sets incorrectly far too many times and dying because of it. I finished it, but it wasn't nearly as good as the other two series I mentioned.

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic