Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 53,661 to 53,680 of 69,997

Anti-Matter

I just want Dance Dance Revolution return to consoles (PlayStation and Nintendo).
With lockdown at Japan currently, i think the Game Arcade will not open their business and Konami cannot keep adding more songs for their DDR A20+ Arcade with Online connection during pandemic.
Who will play DDR A20+ when Game Arcade have to close their business during lockdown ?

And since 2011, Konami didn't make any new DDR for consoles as they keep making DDR for Arcade. We missed a lot the songs from DDR X3, DDR 2013, DDR 2014, DDR A, DDR A20, DDR A20+ for consoles.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Snatcher

idk if yall heard but it was reported that tescent was trying to buy EA OMG for F***S SAKE. It was also reported form other sorces that they are trying take over the U.S.A gaming indestry I'm going to lose it if they do so, Games include grandthift auto's Take-Two Interactive and like I said EA. but there all romers I hope they stay that way. This is my sorce site I hope its not true

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

JaxonH

China has been infiltrating the US for some time now as they have a vested interest in ensuring their regime continues without opposition (we’ve seen how they take to opposition- be it Tienaman Square, Hong Kong, etc.) and the global superpower of the last half century poses a fairly substantial potential force of opposition, which they want to mitigate by any means necessary using a variaty of tactics. They have influence in the highest political circles, big tech and media, and their economic might strong-arms compliance from nearly everyone else (Blizzard and CD Project Red, anyone?). Tencent, like all big Chinese businesses, are in league with the CCP, and has govt. sponsored board members loyal to the regime. Their interests are one and the same.

By controlling major western companies, they can influence the political messaging in their games and shift the narrative and attitude toward China. They can ensure those companies take a more China-friendly stance. And, it’s a growth opportunity regardless. And more growth and market penetration inevitably leads to more power, money and influence. It’s important to keep that in mind for perspective when considering these current events. But that doesn’t mean they’ll succeed. We’ve seen these kind of maneuvers before, like with Ubisoft. It’s not easy to take over a company, and not everyone is willing to sell out to a CCP-sponsored tech giant. At least, I’d like to believe that, but money talks, and morals are malleable. And it seems most people have their price nowadays.

What’s up with Bravely Default 2 not getting a collector edition, btw? Both previous games got one. Even Octopath Traveler got one. Between that and the lack of Monster Hunter limited edition Switch, something fishy is going on. Where’s all the merch?

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

MsJubilee

@JaxonH As a game, how is it? I didn't think Ryza 2 was going to release so soon. I thought it had an April release, so it flew by radar.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

JaxonH

@MsJubilee
I havent played enough to really make a call, but it's basically like Ryza 1. Its not gonna win any JRPG of the year awards, but its charming, colorful and a decent all around game. Battle system is pretty good, has the whole active time thing going on.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

MsJubilee

JaxonH wrote:

MsJubilee
I havent played enough to really make a call, but it's basically like Ryza 1. Its not gonna win any JRPG of the year awards, but its charming, colorful and a decent all around game. Battle system is pretty good, has the whole active time thing going on.

Regardless. Thanks for the response.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

JaxonH

Ok. My Arctis 9 Wireless headset has arrived.

• Full 2.4 GHz wireless with dongle that plugs into Switch dock for wireless audio
  • separate Bluetooth connection that connects to your phone for use in Discord app
  • mixes audio
  • slightly heavier than the Arctis 1 wireless (my favorite headset for solo use, but no dual wireless means no mixing Discord chat over Bluetooth), but more comfy. Feels like wearing a cloud on your head
  • oddly, it works on Switch when set to PC mode, but not in PS mode. Manual says the opposite. But whatever works.
  • because of the PC/PS mode switch on the wireless dongle, you need only switch modes when not in use for audio to go back to tv. Other headsets require physically disconnecting the dongle. A small difference, but the convenience is appreciated
  • the definitive full wireless voice chat headset for Monster Hunter Rise

@MsJubilee
Ya, no problem. Wish I could be more thorough, but I’ve only dipped my toes in.

I will say, it seems to have more story focus.

JaxonH

jump

I've seen Game Stop have announced changes to their directors and plans to modernise the company which has resulted in short sellers losing $5 billion lol

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

BruceCM

Not like any of you expected there to be a MH Rise themed Switch or anything .... Poor Jaxon will probably have to buy that & the pro controller?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

link3710

@jump That's not what caused it. What cause that was Redditors all artificially pumping up the stock value because they knew they'd siphon out billions of dollars when the shorts ran out, since there was far more shorted stocks than there were shares total lol.

link3710

Grumblevolcano

I think the MH Rise limited edition Switch is enough evidence there won't be a new Switch revision for awhile. Maybe there won't be one at all as Nintendo's comments in May 2020 suggests the Switch's successor will launch in the first half of 2023 so releasing a new Switch revision a year before the Switch's successor launches is rather pointless.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Anti-Matter

Whoa !
Is That Luigi?! 😲

Edited on by Eel

Anti-Matter

Magician

@Grumblevolcano

At this point in time I'm indifferent to the Switch Pro situation. Would I buy one if it were made available? Sure. Would I be surprised if Nintendo instead opted to skip releasing the Switch Pro in favor of riding the Switch gravy train for four more years? No, I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

The Switch is on pace to become Nintendo's all-time best selling home console, passing the Wii's 100m in fewer than five years of existence. Just...bonkers. My only concern is whether or not my collection will be backwards compatible with the next Nintendo platform. Whether it's a revision or a successor doesn't factor into that equation.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

MarioVillager92

@Anti-Matter Dude...I think that's a spoiler.

@Magician Well if the 3DS/Wii U showed any indication, I could very well see Nintendo making their next console backwards compatible with the vast majority of, if not all Switch games. As far as I know, the only DS game that the 3DS can't play is that Guitar Hero game, since that requires the DS's GBA slot. And from my experience, the Wii U can play any Wii game you insert. So yeah, I'm pretty positive that the Switch 2 (or whatever Nintendo decides to call it) can run any Switch game, unless the new hardware somehow isn't up to snuff with certain games.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

JaxonH

The MH Rise Switch and Pro Controller are live on Amazon Germany.

Unfortunately they do not ship to the US for this item, and even my UK forwarding address was not accepted. So, Germans only I guess

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic