Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 69,961 to 69,963 of 69,963

NeonPizza

@FishyS
MM11 seems to stutter even more when playing in handheld, which does make sense. A more extreme example would be Super Mario 3D World's Bowser's Fury, which is actually capped in at 30fps in HH, compared to the silky smooth 60fps when docked. But to be fair, that one's kind of going the extra mile visually speaking. MM11 is a safer attempt, a lot less is going on, and graphically it's mildly suffering from 'New Super Mario Bros.' syndrome.

And ya, the Pro's D-pad may be a bit janky or unreliable at times, especially for fighters but it just feels so frikkin good to the touch. The Duel Sense's doesn't. The detached design and sunken in feeling completely throws me off regardless, even it is located in a more traditional/less awkward spot. Using it for fighters is fine, but if we're talking anything platformer related, I'm pretty much out if there's another version of said game that's comparably up to snuff where i can use another controller.

I guess that's another thing about PC(Ahem, with a 4090.) that makes it so special. You can bounce between a Switch Pro or Duel Sense controller, and opt for whichever that you feel works better for whatever game you decide to play.

Edited on by NeonPizza

NeonPizza

NeonPizza

@JaxonH
Nice! I'll have to try it out once I rebuy another launch AquaBlue 3DS, or possibly the N3DS off of eBay. I find that the XL models larger screens degrade the stereoscopic 3D effect causing it to become less pronounced, striking and a bit watered down. Plus, the overall image quality looks a bit more jagged and blown up. And for whatever reason, the N3DS XL's wider sweet spot technology caused heavy motion duplication whenever i swayed my head from left to right. It was like the image was sketching out and shaking rapidly. I went through two of them and the exact same problem persisted.

The Aqua Blue launch 3DS is still my favourite simply because plugging in the charger unlocks the 5th and much needed brightness setting, and due to the smaller screens which were obviously designed in mind to accommodate the native resolution, also retains a super crisp picture and piercingly awesome 3D effect. Sweet spot sucks, but I guess that's where the regular N3DS comes into play.

I also love the triple gradient/multi-cake layered Aqua accents and overall design as well. It's going to be jarring blasting back to such a tiny screen even after being accustomed to Switch's 7" OLED display in handheld mode. But I've got to get on A Link Between Worlds and Kirby's Triple Deluxe. Those two have been on my 3DS back log for ages now.

Anyways, for now I could try out that VB emulation app on the Quest 3. Might fair better too since you're getting a size adjustable image that can either match the original Virtual boy or beyond if the resolution doesn't tank or match up to the quality of what the Q3 is capable of at just over 2k per eye, and blah blah.

Edited on by NeonPizza

NeonPizza

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic