Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 53,641 to 53,660 of 69,992

toiletduck

@JaxonH I think there's a lot of people parroting each other. Many people who are stating online that Switch' visuals such, may even have never touched the dawn thing on a properly calibrated TV. It's to bad that nowadays it sometimes seems more important to voice any opinion at all than to actually have an informed one.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

JaxonH

@toiletduck
No, of course not.

West Dakota lol. We’ve annexed a new state I see 😉

And for the record, I certainly don’t intend any offense to anyone. Forgive me in advance if that’s how I come off (I’ve been told by enough people in my life to know my own personality, and I know I can be direct, which can be misconstrued). My only intention was exposing a flaw in an argument of a claim made. I hold no ill will toward anyone

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

toiletduck

@JaxonH hehe as long as people get the point

I recognize how your directness and sense of justice are mistaken for something else every now and then. I had to cope with that for a long time, until the point where I just stopped getting into arguments for the most part because I didn't want to hurt anyone.

toiletduck

rallydefault

With everyone going on in the world right now, I wish I lived in West Dakota. (Semi inside joke for other Americans lol)

rallydefault

Gusmar

Whats ur choice regarding tv output resolution? Imagine 4k tv.

720p, 1080p or automatic?

Gusmar

Ryu_Niiyama

Is west dakota slang for Canada or something?

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

rallydefault

@Ryu_Niiyama
lol it's just not a state, so I'd like to live there and just disappear from the world for the time being haha

I guess technically "west" dakota would be somewhere in wyoming or montana

rallydefault

jump

I googled West Dakota and it turns out it's a famous drag queen, if that's what floats your boat ;p

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

jedgamesguy

@JaxonH If you looked at the Chit-Chat thread the other week you would have seen ThanosReXXX discuss their blunt personality, compounded by their living in Amsterdam. In short, join the club!

Anyone been to North Washington? No? Oh well, it's probably just my way of saying Vancouver.

I'm not American, evidently.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

JaxonH

@theJGG
I've been to NorthERN Washington. Right across the Puget Sound from Seattle. Had cousins who lived in Port Townsend. Same area as was filmed in the Twilight movies.

Temperate rainforest is beautiful up there. And the Pacific Ocean. Very dark sand. Lots of obsidian in it.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

Don't forget, in less than a week the MH Rise demo online functionality shuts down.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jump

Apparently Konami are "dissolving and restructuring" with no details as to what that is. They've proper given up on gaming now ain't they?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

JaxonH

And less than a week until you cant download the demo anymore.

I've got 25 hrs on my play timer for the demo already (that's more than many full price games offer), and deleted my save data once to reset the counter. It's so good, hunts are so dynamic and never play out the same way twice, it never gets old just hunting Rathian, Great Izuchi, Azuros and Mizutsune over and over. Especially since each weapon makes it feel like a completely different game. I've used all 14, but narrowed it down to 3: Switch Axe, Charge Blade and Hunting Horn.

If they dont nerf hunting horn in the full release, it's easily going to be the go to weapon for speed runs. Even the almighty longsword wont be able to keep up.

Edited on by JaxonH

Ryu_Niiyama

@jump konami supposedly denied that gaming production will be impacted. You know they need the IPs for Pachi-slot.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

toiletduck

@Gusmar depends a bit on which TV, but usually auto is your best bet, because your TV is probably better at upscaling than the Switch. And besides that it's usually better to just scale up the signal once and not twice (e.g. game=720p, output=1080p, tv=2160p means 2x upscaling whereas game=720p, output=auto=720p, tv=2160p means 1x upscaling). So since the tv is upscaling anyway, let it do the entire job.

Edit: obviously don't pick 720p since some games output 1080p and you don't want to lose that output quality.

Edited on by toiletduck

toiletduck

JaxonH

My Atelier Ryza 2 Collector Edition arrived a day early. Much bigger box than the collector edition of the first game.

I was playing in handheld and thought, ok, this doesn’t look bad. It’s not perfect, but it’s not super low res, not hyper-pixelated, it’s a good looking handheld game. Well done. Then I thought, I wonder how good it looks on the 4KTV with the mClassic. Holy smokes, what a difference. The color pops so much more, plus the sound bar for audio, the extra power and higher res plus the mClassic smoothing edges. It was a significant jump.

And that’s not even saying handheld mode doesn’t look good... It does. Not Super Mario Odyssey good or Monster Hunter Rise good, but standard JRPG good. But docked is pretty impressive by comparison. Obviously if you compared it to the PS5 version, which is probably perfect without any shimmering on fences and edge lines, etc, the flaws are immediately apparent. But for a switch game, ya. Not bad. Oh, and the Framerate is solid, feels very smooth. Unlike certain games I know of (cough cough, Fairy Tail). I’m happy to at least have this as a baseline of quality now. There was a time where the JRPG ports were pretty bad.

Snatcher

@JaxonH I would get this game but I never played the first one so got to get that one first.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

MPSSislit

@jump
My guess is that the opposite might be happening, or what looks like a "reversal" restructure. Maybe Konami is shrinking down for a few months, and then come back bigger than ever I'm saying that because there's that Momotaro Dentetsu game that's doing really well in Japan right now, that they might be restructuring to come back to console games, given how well it has done, but the pandemic did slow things down for a while, so that's why I think they'll take the "reversal" route regarding restructuring.
(This is most likely hopeful thinking, TBH). 🤔 😐
My (more realistic) guess is that Konami is restructuring to make a (mini) comeback to consoles, and when I mean mini, I mean the only console game they'll release for the near future is DDR games (which I wouldn't mind honestly). 🤔

Edited on by MPSSislit

Please give Ninjala a chance, guys. 🤔
As @Sunsy said,
Ninjala Gang FOR LIFE!
Also, if I don't respond to your post within a day (or two), don't worry, I'm not ignoring you. I'm going to be busy, though I will do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

Grumblevolcano

@jump I'm guessing it'll be a situation where Konami doesn't make games anymore but make deals for other devs to make Konami IP games so kind of like LucasArts. Then the rumoured PS5 exclusive MGS remake and Silent Hill games turn out to be real.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

Konami will just cut deals with Sony to release exclusive games on their system, like they’ve done for decades. They have no interest in releasing core games unless they’re paid to do it. Otherwise it’s all Bomberman, board games and retro collections.

Even Symphony of the Night, a retro game decades old, they release a package only for PlayStation. But all the retro games that were on NES, GameBoy, Genesis, they release that multi platform. It’s always a one-way street with them. If it was on Nintendo they make it multiplat, if it was on PlayStation they keep it exclusive. The fact the Symphony of the Night collection was released right around the time of Simon in Smash, but not on Switch, is telling.

So ya, I don’t care what they do. Because if they’re not gonna release on Switch, I’m not gonna play their games. That’s just where I’m at with these companies that intentionally neglect (be it due to mule-headed stubbornness, ignorance or payment received) releasing their games on a console that has been breaking records 4 years running and has a consistent, established record of ALL their releases on Switch outselling other versions, sometimes by 10:1 margins. No more patience for that nonsense.

Edited on by JaxonH

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic