Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 52,981 to 53,000 of 69,980

BruceCM

Uh, dunno about that part, since I don't play them .... If it's still using the internet, there's that part as well as the wired part, though?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

GilbertXI

Aw damn...that's a really nice one.

GilbertXI

JaxonH

@Dezzy
Ya, I tried to cover that with 2 playing on platforms it’s not sold on. But agreed.

@WaveWitch
I own the Hori Pro V Hayabusa arcade stick (not the Street Fighter edition, but the original red design one, same model though) and can speak to its excellence. It’s large and hefty enough that it sits on your lap without moving. The smaller, more lightweight arcade sticks tend to move around when you sit them in your lap. Something to consider.

It’s a really nice stick.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

rallydefault

@Giancarlothomaz
Yea, I don't know, I'm tossed out using logic to determine Nintendo's moves for awhile, but BotW2 as 2021 holiday makes a lot of sense.

Starting in March we're moving from the Mario anniversary to the Zelda anniversary, so I'm thinking we're gonna finally see the Skyward Sword port and maybe some other stuff (fingers crossed for A Link to the Past with upgraded visuals and maybe some extras kinda like the Wii U Windwaker "remake"). Maaaaaybe an upscaled Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask bundle like the Mario 3D Collection.

And my pipe dream... a full Mario Maker 2-style dungeon designer for Zelda would be INSANE. It would probably have to be 2D stuff only, but my gosh the potential for something like that. I messed around with the designer in the LA remake and it was fun for a couple hours, but even then you can see the immediate potential just exploding by adding a couple more tools and controls.

And then BotW2 for holiday... 2021 has some serious Zelda potential. "Potential" being the key.

rallydefault

Dezzy

If they decide to do Zelda 3D All-Stars, I wonder if they'd do Skyward Sword HD, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess as a trio.

Or maybe those would be considered worth selling separately!

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

GilbertXI

I have doubts about a holiday release for Zelda. Maybe I'm used to obsenely long development times, but idk. I think we might get news or something, but I always had money on 2022. BOTW 2 most likely started late 2018 after the DLC was finished, so that's like 2 years of development; it's almost impossible to pull a majora's mask or a smash melee anymore, even with reused assets and such. Not to mention Covid pushing things back. I don't know, it just doesn't seem too plausible for a 2021 winter in my eyes.

GilbertXI

jedgamesguy

Zelda 3D All-Stars, or something like a Goddess Trilogy, would be awesome. Especially the three GameCube / Wii games, because of how groundbreaking all of them were. Probably have to mandate Joy-Cons for Skyward Sword, but that means nothing in the grand scheme of things. Best case scenario we'll get five games, worst case (where it exists), three.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

kkslider5552000

I think the weird thing about the Zelda anniversary is that I'd expect them to put out a collection, but any idea of one I can think of that makes sense to do is either too good or too bad for it to actually happen. The most likely to me would be just the HD remakes on Wii U in a 2 for 1 collection, with Skyward Sword HD later. I'm not sure they'll do a 2 for 1 collection but I REALLY can't see them releasing both WW HD and TP HD as 60 dollar games and released close to each other.

Based on the 3D Collection, you'd assume it would just be 3 of the earlier 3D Zeldas, and the original versions with just updated resolution and stuff. But...it would be bizarre not to re-release the HD versions then. It's not like those HD remakes are SO different, y'know. Twilight Princess HD in particular is mostly just the same thing they did with Sunshine and Galaxy, just maybe going a few steps further.

But to be fair, after the awful, AWFUL idea of releasing the original Mario All Stars on Wii for 50 bucks, they then did a great collection for Kirby on Wii. There just might be higher standards for this sort of thing beyond Mario, I dunno.

GilbertXI wrote:

I think we might get news or something, but I always had money on 2022. BOTW 2 most likely started late 2018 after the DLC was finished

It's weird to me that the last few times I've heard people mention the BOTW DLC, they consistently thought it came out a year after it actually did. It was 2017.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Buizel

@kkslider5552000 Absolutely agree.

Personally I think the most likely thing is that we get the HD versions of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess in a single package, maybe including an upscaled version of OoT to round up the package to SM3DAS's 3 games. It would be strange if we get 4 years into the Switch, plus Zelda's anniversary, and to not have OoT available on the console in some form or another (it's been available on every home console, plus the 3DS, going back to the N64 original).

The incredibly disappointing thing would be if we got the same three games, but emulated and upscaled a la Super Mario 3D All Stars (i.e., still have the Gamecube versions of WW and TP without the HD remake's improvements).

There's also the possibility of getting HD versions of the 3DS Grezzo remakes (OoT and MM) but I wouldn't count on that at all - WW and TP are the much easier options, and I think collectively they're more representative of the series.

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

BenAV

WaveWitch wrote:

There’s a market place seller on amazon.com that’s selling the Japanese model new for $124.99 CAD but would that be compatible with a NA switch?

@WaveWitch Like everything else with the Switch, controllers are region-free.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

rallydefault

Dezzy wrote:

If they decide to do Zelda 3D All-Stars, I wonder if they'd do Skyward Sword HD, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess as a trio.

Or maybe those would be considered worth selling separately!

Yea, I don't know. That's a good point. For whatever reason, maybe just because we here on the board have been building this up for years, maybe they'll do something really special with a Skyward Sword remaster to make it quite obviously a stand alone purchase. Like, do more than they did for the Wind Waker upgrade; maybe even a new area or side quests or something. It's not without precedent for Nintendo to add new stuff to remakes of Zelda games, like when they did the color dungeon for LA.

But I'm really thinking we're gonna see some kind of Ocarina/Majora's mask double pack. And the last time they remastered Ocarina was on the 3DS, and it remains one of the greatest games ever made... maaaaaybe another refresh? I know I would purchase Ocarina for the millionth time lol

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

sixrings

@WaveWitch the nes aesthetics is the main thing keeping me from buying the 8bitdo controller. Yes I want to play retro games with my controller but not retro nintendo games. Maybe if it reminded me of a neo geo that would be more appropriate. However a simple black controller would be my personal choice but both the hori and fusion are a close second with that nice red. Anyways everyone is different.

sixrings

NintendoByNature

Did someone say Zelda HD collection? That's ALL I want. I'm in the minority here, but I feel as though WW and TP are least likely only because they just made available on wii u. Now I can see nintendo thinking the wii u didn't have as Many eyes on it so let's bring them over where they'll sell like hot cakes.

What I can see happening is an HD collection of the 3ds(n64) MM and OoT games. And a deluxe version of SS.

I'd be overjoyed for any or all to happen though, so let's make that clear. They should still consider remakes of the oracle games though since LA engine can be used. That would be a sweet 2 pack release for November.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Grumblevolcano

Looking for another JRPG, preferably without random encounters (I preferred the 3D sections of DQXIS to the 2D sections) to help reduce the wait for 3D World/Bravely Default II/MH Rise. Any recommendations?

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Buizel

@Grumblevolcano Have you given Tokyo Mirage Sessions a look? It's quite a fun light-hearted game with a quirky setting and cast, although I would only really recommend it to someone who is at least tolerant of anime tropes.

Less fitting but also recommended are Ys VIII (action RPG with engaging combat and explorable world) and Valkyria Chornicles 1 or 4 (not really JRPGs but tactical games with action-based combat - highly recommend if you're into e.g. Fire Emblem but are open to some third-person action combat).

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

rallydefault

@DarthNocturnal
Yea, for sure at least use the 3DS version with an HD upscale. Ocarina is on such an echelon of pure classics that I don't know if I support them adding any new content, but a further graphics upgrade I wouldn't sneeze at. Skyward Sword is still the lone Zelda game I've never beaten, and for me it's because it was only Wii and it used the motion controls, both things I really didn't like lol

@ToadBrigade
Yea I agree with most of what you said. A bundle of some of the handheld games would be such an awesome surprise. 2D Zeldas are still my favorites aside from Ocarina.

rallydefault

NintendoByNature

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Looking for another JRPG, preferably without random encounters (I preferred the 3D sections of DQXIS to the 2D sections) to help reduce the wait for 3D World/Bravely Default II/MH Rise. Any recommendations?

I'd like to know myself. And specifically, for octopath traveler. It's on sale still and I nearly hit purchase everytime I pass it up.

NintendoByNature

BruceCM

Hmm, well, there's no jrpgs without random encounters as far as I know to recommend .... Octopath is good but it depends why you're passing it up, @NintendoByNature? Otherwise, have you got all the FF games yet? Maybe give us more of an idea what you want/ don't want?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

NintendoByNature

@BruceCM it's not that I'm worried it won't be good. I just have so much to play atm and with BDII coming I should probably hold off on it lol. As for FFX I put that down for immortals which I'm loving. I'm also messing around with NFS:HP and double dragon neon. So I another huge jrpg when BD is coming probably isn't wise haha

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic