Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 52,961 to 52,980 of 53,166

TheFrenchiestFry

I doubt they're getting actual composers who've worked on Mario games for this film

It's probably going to be scored by a high profile movie composer if anything like how Junkie XL scored Sonic and Trevor Morris scoring Castlevania

Michael Giacchino or Bear McCreary would be really cool honestly

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

DannyBoi

@Giancarlothomaz I do wonder what Nintendo's issue with folders, themes and messaging is. Surely the switch can handle these things. They've been very keen to avoid these things. At least on switch.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

SilentHunter382

Does anyone have any idea if Cadence of Hyrule physical will have the season pass on the chart?

I kept looking for info about it and found no information if it was going too be on the cart or as a download code.

Xbox/PSN/NID/Steam/Origin = SilentHunter382
3DS Friend Code: 1934-0756-1394

3DS Friend Code: 1934-0756-1394 | Nintendo Network ID: SilentHunter382 | Twitter:

BruceCM

Well, I thought that was why they'd waited to do the physical release, @SilentHunter382....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

kkslider5552000

Giancarlothomaz wrote:

Grant Kirkhope composer of Mario+Rabbids e Banjo Kazooie e Conker franchise, want to compose the Mario movie made by Ilumination and foreseen to be released in 2022
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/10/grant_kirkhopes_goa...

Randomly one day I decided to listen to the Kingdoms of Amalur soundtrack, which he also did. It's abundantly clear based on that alone that Grant Kirkhope would be great for movie compositions.

I'm assuming they won't, because Hollywood are filled with cowards that only work with people who have done well in movies already. (not that video gaming doesn't also have this issue)

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

SilentHunter382

@BruceCM That is my first guess but I want too find out 100% if it is on the cart, as a dlc code or as a download with the cart (like early copies of hollow knight)

Xbox/PSN/NID/Steam/Origin = SilentHunter382
3DS Friend Code: 1934-0756-1394

3DS Friend Code: 1934-0756-1394 | Nintendo Network ID: SilentHunter382 | Twitter:

JaxonH

Decided to take a day off work for Pikmin 3 release a week from next Friday.

With the demo of Pikmin 3 available, I was just reading an awesome reddit post from a guy who says his 5 year old daughter played the demo and fell in love, calling the Pikmin “her babies” and won’t shut up now asking when the game is releasing, like every single day lol.

Reading the comments I came across TONS of people with similar stories, who said their kids were obsessed with Pikmin 3 after playing the demo. It warms the heart. There’s gonna be a whole new generation of kids who will grow up having played Pikmin 3. There seems to be something about it that kids just really love (and adults too for that matter, but kids in particular).

I encourage anyone who has yet to play the demo or isn’t planning on buying the game to go check it out. It’s one of Nintendo’s best IP, every bit as worthy as Splatoon, Mario, Zelda or Pokemon. Also worth checking out that Kingdom Hearts rhythm game. I can confidently say I’ve finally found a rhythm game besides Persona 4 Dancing that I love. Playing on handheld helps. Rhythm games are a perfect fits for handhelds.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
NS: Pikmin 3, Ori Will of the Wisps, FE Three Houses
PC: Persona 4, Monster Hunter World

EXCITED FOR
NS: Monster Hunter Rise, Monster Hunter Stories 2, SMT5
PC: Cyberpunk 2077

Jesus is Lord.

Grumblevolcano

After beating Booga in DQXIS (the most difficult and annoying boss I've come across in any game in awhile), progress has been moving rather fast. I think I may get the main game finished before Pikmin 3 Deluxe launches. I hope the postgame story difficulty isn't Galaxy 2 Perfect Run levels of ridiculous though.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
I need to get back to Dragon Quest XI S at some point. Playing that game in handheld is so good.

Have you played Pikmin 3 before back on the Wii U? Or will this be your first time?

PLAYING

EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

Giancarlothomaz

@JaxonH that awesome, maybe Pikmin 3 Deluxe sucess, will finaly give the sign for Nintendo to finaly finish the development of Pikmin 4 and release on Switch or it sucessor.

i like HD Rumble.

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH First time though I have had the game for 7 years and all the DLC (my Wii U hardware bundle was 32GB Wii U, physical NSMBU, digital Pikmin 3 and a bunch of accessories). Getting a Wii U in September 2013 meant the game droughts were much less noticeable and so by the time I would've gotten to the Wii U version Nintendo was pretty much porting the entire Wii U library to Switch hence it made sense to wait for a Switch version.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

StuTwo

I love Pikmin 3 (all the Pikmin games really).

I don't see it being incredibly successful on Switch though. The games have always been misleadingly packaged. They look cute but I've always thought the controls are just a little bit too complex (even allowing the brilliant motion and/or stylus controls on Wii U).

I think it's probably one of the most accessible and fun RTS games out there... but that genre is very niche in 2020.

Honestly - for me the future of the franchise is to either lean more heavily into the fact that it's a niche and just accept that it's a 2-3 million seller (I'd be down with that) or to do something different with it - like make it an outright puzzle game or go more in the direction of the (brilliant) Nintendo Land Pikmin adventure.

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

JaxonH

@StuTwo
Definitely don’t want to see it go in a different direction. It’s so perfect exactly how it is. I enjoyed Pikmin in NintendoLand- it was one of the better games, but not as good as the main game.

So far I don’t think any Pikmin has broken 1-2 million sold. If Pikmin 3 can do 2-3 million that would be very good indeed. If it can do 3-4 million that would be phenomenal. Of course, that won’t happen overnight. It’ll take time.

I’ve noticed about 4-5 people in my friends list who’ve played the demo. Not sure how many will translate into sales, but I’ve noticed most people who’ve tried it like it a lot. For comparison, it’s a rare thing for me to see that many people all having played the same thing. Not even Paper Mario had more than 1 person playing. Last time I saw 4-5 people playing the same game was Mario 3D Collection, and that game sold like crazy. I know it may seem incredibly circumstantial but watching my friends list has actually been a reasonably good indicator for me to gage overall interest.

As for the controls, they’re super easy in this game. Point and press A to throw. Given the fact I’ve read a number of stories of people’s’ 5 year olds playing the demo and loving it, I don’t think the controls are an issue. Certainly in the Wii U version it was a pain, with gamepad in lap and Wiimote in hand, but not this time. Even without gyro, using analog only, feels incredibly good and easy to use.

PLAYING

EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

link3710

@StuTwo The controls are less complex than Splatoon or Zelda I'd say. So I doubt that's the limiting factor. Especially since they give so many ways to customize then to your liking. Sure it'll never reach Animal Crossing, Mario Kart or Super Mario levels for that reason but... That's fine.

Honestly, if Pikmin 3 manages to break 4 million sales, that'd be enough to up it from niche to one of their mid-sized franchises, and it doesn't seem impossible. Unlikely yes, but not impossible.

link3710

Beaucine

Never played a Pikmin before, so I'm excited!

I think it'll do well on the Switch. There's not much out there like it. If you bought a Switch for Animal Crossing, it'll give you that dose of cuteness you need. It's got cross-generational appeal, because kids seem to love it but it's also an RTS and has a degree of complexity to it. And it doesn't have a whole lot of AAA competition in October, particularly on the Switch, which has a sizeable install base.

Beaucine

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic