Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 52,421 to 52,440 of 69,981

Magician

@Ralizah

Well...I've messed around with the split pad pro for a few hours and I truly believe they're the joy-con alternative I've been desperately needing. Sure I'm giving up a whole lot of joy-con features, but I usually turn rumble off and rarely use motion controls and nfc anyhow. In the end my only hope is to stop the endless cycle of the joy-con I use contracting drift after roughly nine months of using them.

(For those who don't know, I'm now on my fifth pair of joy-con since August 2017 due to drift issues.)

So if the split pad pro manages to break the chain I say, "hallelujah!"

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Ralizah

@Magician The SPP really is awesome for handheld play. I'll still switch to joycons + grip for games that really benefit from gyro and/or HD rumble, but the majority of games, I've found, don't really take advantage of those features, and for those games, the Split Pad Pro is perfect. The sticks and buttons are SO nice.

Also worth mentioning the ability to map controls to paddles on the back of the controller, and also the turbo function, which is tremendously helpful for games like Animal Crossing that make you press the same button over and over.

The biggest downside for me is the sheer... size of the thing. It really does make the Switch absurdly long when they're attached. But this isn't an issue for me, since I have a Lite that I use as a secondary console, and that's the machine I'll take around with me everywhere. The SPP is what I use for games when I play them around the house.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

JaxonH

For the life of me, I can’t understand why not one single accessory manufacturer has made a set of joycon for enthusiasts that doesn’t cut ANY features, and adds things like a D-pad, assignable back buttons, etc.

Or even just joycon with a D-pad that actually have gyro and HD rumble, or is even wireless at all!

Nope. Every single blasted controller is missing something. Even the Power A pro controllers boasting gyro... they don’t have rumble. Not even normal rumble. Like... come on guys. 70 million Switches, and you don’t think there’s a market for enthusiast controllers? Rather than compete with 30 other off brand generics stripping back as many features as possible to sell for less, maybe release a single enthusiast model that offers everything gamers want. Nobody even tries. Other consoles, sure, all the time. But Switch? It’s like they think everybody is a casual who only cares about having buttons and nothing else.

What do you mean you want the controller to be wireless? We gave you a d-pad on it, why would you care about anything else? It’s only $20... Ya, and just MAYBE we want more than $20 worth of features!

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

toiletduck

JaxonH wrote:

For the life of me, I can’t understand why not one single accessory manufacturer has made a set of joycon for enthusiasts that doesn’t cut ANY features, and adds things like a D-pad, assignable back buttons, etc.

Or even just joycon with a D-pad that actually have gyro and HD rumble, or is even wireless at all!

Nope. Every single blasted controller is missing something. Even the Power A pro controllers boasting gyro... they don’t have rumble. Not even normal rumble. Like... come on guys. 70 million Switches, and you don’t think there’s a market for enthusiast controllers? Rather than compete with 30 other off brand generics stripping back as many features as possible to sell for less, maybe release a single enthusiast model that offers everything gamers want. Nobody even tries. Other consoles, sure, all the time. But Switch? It’s like they think everybody is a casual who only cares about having buttons and nothing else.

What do you mean you want the controller to be wireless? We gave you a d-pad on it, why would you care about anything else? It’s only $20... Ya, and just MAYBE we want more than $20 worth of features!

Amen.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

toiletduck

JaxonH wrote:

@toiletduck
Its essentially the same game loop as Zelda. So, if BotW got old for you, then ya, this probably will too. But if BotW didnt get old, then neither will this. Especially since it's much shorter than Zelda.

The combat is fantastic. Way better than Zelda. That's what I'm trying to say. I'm not saying the game is like Bayonetta. It's not like Bayonetta. I'm saying the game is like Breath of the Wild, but with actual good fast paced combat. It does the slow motion thing if you dodge last second (although, Zelda did that too so...).

Immortals Combat

Also, while most Ubisoft games do drag on, most people who've beat it are praising it for not dragging on, describing it as the first "non-Ubisoft" Ubisoft game in years. It doesnt have the fluff. In fact, I think the game is half the length of Assassins Creed Valhalla. They took the less is more approach, so as to not out stay its welcome.

Thanks again. I just watched the video. Although this type of battle system is usually not entirely my cup of tea, I think I'll enjoy it nonetheless. It seems that you don't have to dive all to deep into the battlesystem and still properly play and enjoy to game. I'll definitely pick this up later, probably as a warmup before BOTW2.

toiletduck

JaxonH

DOOM Eternal is legit. Idk what else to say. Its even better than I had hoped for.

Look at this solid framerate! And look at how good the visual quality is! Panic Button, you've redeemed yourselves!

@toiletduck
Honestly, it keeps getting better and better the more I play. I like the upgrades and progression system. Increase health, stamina, potion capacity, swords, axes, unlock abilities and skills, upgrade existing abilities and skills... it's very robust.

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Giancarlothomaz

@JaxonH you are trying to explain to us, trought this graph, that one generation the graphics and others adantanges is gonna be so minimal compared to previous generations, that very few people are gonna notice this,the jump to next generation of consoles is not gonna be drastic, was, SNES to N64 or PS2 to PS3 for example?is that your graph want to represent?

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

JaxonH

Untitled

@Giancarlothomaz
It's simply showing the law of diminishing returns, which occurs as you approach a limit. You'll never actually REACH the limit, but you'll approach it slower and slower and slower over time as you get closer and closer and closer.

This means the gap between mobile and console will get smaller and smaller and smaller.

And yes, even now we're already seeing it. Even now it's hard to differentiate PS4 games from PS5 games without analyzing with a fine tooth comb.

Edited on by JaxonH

Giancarlothomaz

@JaxonH i see, that very intereting, oh mobile hardward is fast aproacing the level of doing games, you usually find in consoles, Gensin Impact is a example of that, mobile hardward of 10 year pior would be unable to develop and make a game like that, we would expect a game like Gensin Impact on consoles, not in Android or a IOS phone, i see that the law of dimishing law you mentioned.

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

Ralizah

@JaxonH That steelbook is gorgeous. I'm surprised they only seem to be offering it with the Switch version, though.

JaxonH

@Ralizah
Maybe statistics show the Switch customers are more apt to have no loyalty, and have a higher proclivity to make their purchase at whichever store offers the better deal?

KryptoniteKrunch

Yeah, I've been using this DxM Split pad pro for about a year now and it still works great. A handful of times the sticks started to drift when I first would boot up the system but simply removing and reconnecting the controllers would fix it. But yeah, sticks don't drift regularly, buttons still work nice etc. Only downside is the aforementioned lack of features. A split pad pro with all the bells and whistles would be awesome. Price hike would be worth it.

Edited on by KryptoniteKrunch

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

Arbor

JaxonH wrote:

BestBuy Buy One Get One Half Off, Includes Sniper Elite 4, Ori Will of the Wisps, Ori and the Blind Forest, Immortals Fenyx Rising and More!

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/save-on-nintendo-switch-ga...

Also, rumors if you add a lower price game into your cart first, it’ll take half off a higher priced game you add second. No promises though

just snatched both ori's, thank you for this!

Arbor

toiletduck

Magician wrote:

@Ralizah

Well...I've messed around with the split pad pro for a few hours and I truly believe they're the joy-con alternative I've been desperately needing. Sure I'm giving up a whole lot of joy-con features, but I usually turn rumble off and rarely use motion controls and nfc anyhow. In the end my only hope is to stop the endless cycle of the joy-con I use contracting drift after roughly nine months of using them.

(For those who don't know, I'm now on my fifth pair of joy-con since August 2017 due to drift issues.)

So if the split pad pro manages to break the chain I say, "hallelujah!"

It baffles me how some people tend to get the drift issues with every controller they touch, whereas to some people it never occurs. That may suggest that there's some kind of variables in play of which we're not aware.

toiletduck

NintendoByNature

@toiletduck i can at least vouche that I've only experienced it with joy cons and nothing else if memory serves correctly. Its the age old saying but its true, " i have nintendo hardware that still works to this day that's 30+ years old." Just something is different about these JCs

NintendoByNature

link3710

@toiletduck I dunno. I have 6, and only got drift in the one of the second pair and one of the third pair. My original pair still works fine, despite having by far the most use. It seems more like statistical variance than an unknown factor.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

JaxonH

I have yet to get drift in any joycon to date (actually, I feintly recall having issues with an early joycon back in 2017? I can’t remember- maybe I cleaned it and it never gave me issues afterward, I just don’t recall). While I own one set of every color, plus 2 sets of DQXIS joycon from the limited edition Switch, and a Switch lite, the only ones that actually get used are my neon green set which I use at home for games where split joycon is best, my Switch Lite, and the DQXIS set whenever I play that portably instead of the Lite. The neon green I’ve had for a long time. Since they released, which I think was 2017.

But I have had Pro Controller issues. At launch, both my Pro Controllers mis-registered D-pad inputs. Sent them to Nintendo, 7 days later I had replacements, which worked fine ever since. Then my Xenoblade Pro Controller started NOT registering certain D-pad movements in the Up direction. I eventually gave up on that controller and just set it on display.

So that’s 3 pro controllers with issues, 0 joycon lol... go figure.

Edited on by JaxonH

Ralizah

Everyone I personally know who has joycons (i.e. owns a big Switch) has experienced drift at one point or another. It's a fairly wide-scale issue.

link3710

@JaxonH Wait, there are pro controllers without d-pad issues? I'd assumed that any game that required a d-pad was useless with a pro controller at this point since both of mine are awful.

link3710

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic