Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 52,441 to 52,460 of 69,965

JaxonH

@link3710
Yup. All 3 of mine now work perfectly. The 2 replacements Nintendo sent me around launch were good. And my Smash Pro controller is good. I wasn’t having none of that. As soon as I noticed issues I contacted Nintendo and set up a repair. For $140 I wasn’t accepting anything less than two properly functioning pro controllers.

I hear the newer ones use a taller pivot which helps prevent misregistered inputs, but it may still happen to a certain percentage. I have no idea how prevalent it is in the ones being sold now. All I know is the Smash controller I bought worked fine. I was sure to test it in the settings right away, just in case it had the same problems.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

link3710

@JaxonH Huh. I was under the impression it was a design flaw prevelant in all controllers, not just a few. Who knew? Well, now I have four controllers to send in eventually...

link3710

faint

Went through two sets of joycons so I got a pro controller. Been 5 months with no problems.

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

Magician

@Giancarlothomaz

As for Nintendo announcements during tomorrow's VGAs, I'm not expecting anything beyond the next Smash DLC character. Everything else is gravy. Although I still feel tomorrow would be the right time for Mario Golf from Camelot, I'm not banking on it. Some folks want something (anything) for BotW 2, Bayonetta 3, MP 4, or MP Trilogy HD.

Eh, you'll probably be left disappointed.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

JaxonH

RIP and TEAR!!!

DOOM Eternal on Switch is the dream realized. This is it. This is what hybrid gaming is all about. I'm ripping and tearing at work and I cant get enough! It's so fun! The platforming and double jumping and double air dashing and gameplay loop of glory kills for health, flame belch for armor and chainsaw for ammo is insanely addictive. I'm not that good- I play on the easiest difficulty, but it's just right for my skill level. I love it!

RIP and TEAR!

@Magician
Eh, you'll probably be left disappointed

Words for the wise.

I expect absolutely nothing. At most a Smash character. And I will not be disappointed. If they surprise me, cool, but I'm not holding my breath.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

I think we'll get Zelda 35th anniversary announcements, Monster Hunter in Smash and a new Monster Hunter Rise trailer. If we're really lucky then also a look at Bowser's Fury and another Bravely Default II trailer.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NintendoByNature

I'm always excited to watch. I'll have my beverage chilled and ready to kick back. Anything will be better than nothing.

NintendoByNature

Grumblevolcano

Daemon X Machina got an update for Switch which adds cross save between Switch and Steam just like Divinity Original Sin 2.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

IceClimbers

Not expecting Smash honestly. That's something that they can reveal on its own because it draws that much attention. The announcement of the announcement for Steve spread like wildfire on the internet, let alone the actual announcement itself (which in all honesty is pretty amazing that a game can command THAT much attention).

My hope is an all new exclusive gets revealed as well as a Bayo 3 trailer. Kinda expecting Monster Hunter Rise though. That's not a bad thing though

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

JaxonH

Sniper Elite 4... Immortals Fenyx Rising... Doom Eternal... three of the best games on Switch.

I’ve got 17 days off for Christmas and New Years. I know what I’ll be doing.

@Grumblevolcano
And now you can play DxM on Steam with gyro aiming on the tv, and Switch on the go with gyro aiming in handheld!

Gotta love it. I already own it on both platforms.

edit
Seems Game Awards will indeed have a new Monster Hunter Rise trailer! This doesn’t show footage, and the new monsters names are in Japanese so it doesn’t really spoil anything, he just speculates on what they could be, but it does talk about the new map that will be revealed and a few returning monsters.

edit
Stayed up til 1am playing Doom Eternal. Been a long time since a game did that to me. The gameplay is genuinely some of the most fun I’ve ever had in a video game. Doom Eternal truly is the Nintendo fan’s FPS. We Nintendo fans aren’t big into the genre- we’re very picky with our shooters. We like em fast, gameplay focused, with gyro aiming, with an established precedent of long term platform support. We don’t know nothing about all that Medal of Duty stuff, but what we do know... is how to rip and tear!

Edited on by JaxonH

Giancarlothomaz

@Magician i also expect and hope at least a reveal of the next character in the second Fighter Pass for Super Smash Bros Ultimate, i will keep my expectation down, not expecting and hoping a Bayonetta 3 or Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild 2 trailer.

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

Magician

Alright, brace yourselves for an odd comment. Is it weird that when I grasped my brand new 8BitDo SN30 Pro+ for the first time I moaned a little? There are some comfy curves on this controller, boy I tell you what. The smaller SN30 Pro feels equally good, but with the absence of grips I'm not sure how much I'll be using it for 3D games even though it has analog sticks.
Untitled
Untitled

@Giancarlothomaz

Edit: P.S. - My guess is Ryu Hayabusa for tonight's Smash character DLC announcement during TGAs.

Considering rumors of a current-gen port for the Ninja Gaiden Black trilogy have been around for a while now.

Untitled

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

link3710

@Giancarlothomaz No need to keep them checked on that at least, it's been announced already that a Smash character is happening.

Also, Pokemon Go is having an event to notify people about TGA, so we can expect The Pokemon Company to have some sort of presence there for the first time as well.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

FragRed

Just as well the Game Awards are during the early hours of the morning here in the UK. If the Nintendo announcements are Pokemon Go, Smash reveal and Monster Hunter related, for me that's just not interesting. Hope what they show does excite other people though and I hope the Smash reveal isn't someone people get really upset over - seeing people concerned it'll be Fortnight related.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Giancarlothomaz

Nintendo reveal the next character in the second Fighter Pass for Super Smash Bros Ultimate is gonna be revealed at 4pm, time for everyone here make to make the bet what character is gonna join the Super Smash Bros Ultimate roster next tonight?next week?

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

JaxonH

I think its going to be the monster hunter. It makes too much sense. MH Rise trailer, Smash announcement... perfect promotion is inclusion in Smash. Wirebug for up B recovery. You heard it here first!

JaxonH

@DarthNocturnal
So far, all the info about MH Rise found in the leak was from 2018. Its very likely MH wasnt even considered for Smash at that point in time

link3710

@JaxonH @DarthNocturnal I'd like to point out it was in fact considered by then, just not as a boss. But nothing's turned up regarding the negotiations to get Rathalos in as a boss in the leak yet either, despite the fact that we know that almost certainly was happening by then.

link3710

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic